• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How SEGA can start saving Sonic

You know they should start listening to the fans of the series so that they can actually make a decent game.

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
Uh...space? What are you talking about? XD
At the end of Sonic Adventure, Chaos and Tikal flew up to space to live on the moon, but then Eggman blew half of it up with the Ark so they died.
Wh...what?! *Lois laugh* Where do you get this from? And that's impossible, because Chaos returned in Sonic Battle.
I don't consider Sonic Battle a canon game, more like a spin-off.
What?! So Emerl doesn't exist to you?! And if Sonic Battle wasn't canon, that would make Sonic Advance 3 not canon. And some of Shadow's past wouldn't be canon. And what about Chronicles, then? Sonic Battle is canon. Every Sonic game is canon, except games in which Sonic is just a playable character, like Brawl or Mario & Sonic.

Caleb said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Goaliegal49 said:
personally, im fine with the new Sonic games.
esspicily the music, i dont really care about the speed of Sonic as long as he is still fast, SEGA is just thinking of some Sonic games that use the Wii's motion control which i personally like.
Sonic UNLEASHED was really good, Secret Rings has amazing graphics and was pretty good, Black Knight has good graphics storyline and music.
He isnt going to die.
FINALLY someone agrees with me!
How can you two not like Sonic 3 & Knuckles?
It's just boring... Like every other post-Sonic Adventure game, it barely has a story, and there's no character development or talking. The levels aren't fun, and it's pretty much the same as Sonic 1 and 2.
*Punches in face* How Dare you!

but you are right about lack of story line. But no story line is better than a bad one.
What Sonic game has a bad story? I like them all.

They should pretty remove every character but Sonic,Dr. Robotnic(NOT THE NAME EGGMAN!) Tails, Knuckles, Maybe Amy, and Maybe Shadow. IMO

Oh and Tye i have a question, Did you like the game shadow the Hedghog? You better say no for this one atleast.

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
At the end of Sonic Adventure, Chaos and Tikal flew up to space to live on the moon, but then Eggman blew half of it up with the Ark so they died.
Wh...what?! *Lois laugh* Where do you get this from? And that's impossible, because Chaos returned in Sonic Battle.
What?! So Emerl doesn't exist to you?! And if Sonic Battle wasn't canon, that would make Sonic Advance 3 not canon. And some of Shadow's past wouldn't be canon. And what about Chronicles, then? Sonic Battle is canon. Every Sonic game is canon, except games in which Sonic is just a playable character, like Brawl or Mario & Sonic.
The only games I consider canon games are Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, Adventure, and Adventure 2.

Crashman said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Goaliegal49 said:
personally, im fine with the new Sonic games.
esspicily the music, i dont really care about the speed of Sonic as long as he is still fast, SEGA is just thinking of some Sonic games that use the Wii's motion control which i personally like.
Sonic UNLEASHED was really good, Secret Rings has amazing graphics and was pretty good, Black Knight has good graphics storyline and music.
He isnt going to die.
FINALLY someone agrees with me!
It's just boring... Like every other post-Sonic Adventure game, it barely has a story, and there's no character development or talking. The levels aren't fun, and it's pretty much the same as Sonic 1 and 2.
I don't see why anyone would play Sonic the Hedgehog for character development, how can you take a story about a blue hedgehog and friends seriously? Whatever floats your boat though, at least someone is getting enjoyment out of the newer games.
That's what got me into Sonic in the first place. His cool blue personality!

Caleb said:
They should pretty remove every character but Sonic,Dr. Robotnic(NOT THE NAME EGGMAN!) Tails, Knuckles, Maybe Amy, and Maybe Shadow. IMO

Oh and Tye i have a question, Did you like the game shadow the Hedghog? You better say no for this one atleast.
His real name is Robotnik, but his original name was Eggman, they named him Robotnik in the american version and fixed it later, like Princess Sally/Amy.

Megamannt125 said:
Actually, Sonic 3 & Knuckles has a storyline.
Eggman tricks knuckles into thinking that Sonic and Tails stole the chaos emeralds to get the master emerald so he ambushes them and steals the chaos emeralds.
Then Sonic goes to find them and finds out Eggman is plotting something, so he goes on a quest to get the Chaos Emeralds back and defeat eggman and on the way get side tracked by knuckles trying to stop them.
Eventually Sonic learns eggman is trying to resurface the Death Egg so he goes to stop him, he destroys the launch base and the Death Egg comes crashing down.
Then after collecting the emeralds Sonic sees knuckles leave a secret area, then he finds himself in the chamber of the master emerald and can change the Chaos emeralds into Super Emeralds, he sees that Eggman is still plotting something so he goes on another quest to get the super emeralds and stop eggman, who launchs the Death Egg anyway so Sonic goes to stop him, Eggman then steals the master emerald to harness it's power, Sonic fights Mecha Sonic then goes into space, after defeating Eggman he has to go Hyper Sonic to defeat eggman before he gets away with the Master Emerald, he suceeds but it isn't over yet, Knuckles gets attacked by Robo Robotnik then a bunch of stuff I don't want to explain, final boss Super Mecha Sonic....
Yes, it has a story. It's probably the most in depth pre-SA story. But it's nowhere near as good as the newer Sonic games' stories. Besides, a story is boring if there's no dialog.

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Eggman tricks knuckles into thinking that Sonic and Tails stole the chaos emeralds to get the master emerald so he ambushes them and steals the chaos emeralds.
Then Sonic goes to find them and finds out Eggman is plotting something, so he goes on a quest to get the Chaos Emeralds back and defeat eggman and on the way get side tracked by knuckles trying to stop them.
Eventually Sonic learns eggman is trying to resurface the Death Egg so he goes to stop him, he destroys the launch base and the Death Egg comes crashing down.
Then after collecting the emeralds Sonic sees knuckles leave a secret area, then he finds himself in the chamber of the master emerald and can change the Chaos emeralds into Super Emeralds, he sees that Eggman is still plotting something so he goes on another quest to get the super emeralds and stop eggman, who launchs the Death Egg anyway so Sonic goes to stop him, Eggman then steals the master emerald to harness it's power, Sonic fights Mecha Sonic then goes into space, after defeating Eggman he has to go Hyper Sonic to defeat eggman before he gets away with the Master Emerald, he suceeds but it isn't over yet, Knuckles gets attacked by Robo Robotnik then a bunch of stuff I don't want to explain, final boss Super Mecha Sonic....
Yes, it has a story. It's probably the most in depth pre-SA story. But it's nowhere near as good as the newer Sonic games' stories. Besides, a story is boring if there's no dialog.
Oh ok so Mario 1,2,3, Zelda 1, Metroid, and a ton other great games are boring just because they lack a in depth story and dialog.

Caleb said:

I was expecting a awesome game because of how awesome Sonic Adventure 2 was, I was looking forward to it, big disapointment. I did like the option of being good and evil though, my favorite is the one where Shadow decides to kill black doom and rule the world on his own.

Megamannt125 said:
Caleb said:

His real name is Robotnik, but his original name was Eggman, they named him Robotnik in the american version and fixed it later, like Princess Sally/Amy.
Eggman has always been called "Eggman" in Japan. For whatever dumb reason, SOA decided to go with the name "Robotnik". Finally, in Sonic Adventure, SEGA compromised and made his official name be Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik.

And, yes, I did like Shadow the Hedgehog. One of my favorites. I didn't really care for the guns, but I loved the Chaos Control and Chaos Blast, and the story and gameplay was great.

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
The only games I consider canon games are Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, Adventure, and Adventure 2.
Then there's something wrong with you. You can't just ignore so many key games just because you don't like them! What if you were to do that with Zelda? "Hmm...I didn't like Ocarina of Time, so I'm not considering it canon." IMPOSSIBLE!!

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Oh ok so Mario 1,2,3, Zelda 1, Metroid, and a ton other great games are boring just because they lack a in depth story and dialog.
I would rather play 3D games with dialog than NES classics. They're just...boring to me. I'm not saying they're not good, though. They're some of the greatest games ever made!

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Then there's something wrong with you. You can't just ignore so many key games just because you don't like them! What if you were to do that with Zelda? "Hmm...I didn't like Ocarina of Time, so I'm not considering it canon." IMPOSSIBLE!!
Because the only ones of the newer games that are made by the real SEGA in Japan are Secret Rings and Black Knights, all the other ones are made by different random Sonic Teams in america and other places.

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Because the only ones of the newer games that are made by the real SEGA in Japan are Secret Rings and Black Knights, all the other ones are made by different random Sonic Teams in america and other places.
You do know Sonic 2, 3 and Knuckles were all made in America right?

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
That's a horrible excuse. Look at how many different developers make Nintendo games! HAL, Flagship (Capcom), Game Freak, Rare, Camelot... Many Nintendo games are made by different developers! That doesn't make them not canon! The Oracle Zelda games were developed by Flagship. Does that make them not canon?

Crashman said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepis canon. Every Sonic game is canon, except games in which Sonic is just a playable character, like Brawl or Mario & Sonic.
You do know Sonic 2, 3 and Knuckles were all made in America right?
And there's that, too.

Tyeforce said:
Caleb said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:

but you are right about lack of story line. But no story line is better than a bad one.
Secret Rings.
The Black Knight.
Unleashed.

Examples of bad storylines.

Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Caleb said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:

Secret Rings.
The Black Knight.
Unleashed.

You forgot Shadow and 06.

Megamannt125 said:
Tom said:
Tyeforce said:
Caleb said:
Tyeforce said:

Secret Rings.
The Black Knight.
Unleashed.

You forgot Shadow and 06.
Unleashed is pretty awesome... On Xbox360 or PS3 T_T

I dont know about Black Knight

And Shadow the Hedgehog looks awesome

Back