• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How SEGA can start saving Sonic

Megamannt125 said:
Sonic The Hedgehog 4
Console: Wiiware, x-box arcade, and playstation network
Graphics: Classic 2D
Gameplay: Classic Sonic Gameplay
Playable Characters: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow
Main Enemy & Final Boss: Eggman (Like it should be)
Emeralds: Gotten through special stages, ability to turn into super sonic mid-stage with all like classic games.
Super Emeralds: Able to get after gotten all 7 normal emeralds, then can become Hyper.
Difficulty: Classic Difficult, good balance of hard and fun, a few puzzle elements and of course speed.
Music: Old Genesis-like Music
World Select: Ability to select stages after beating them so you can retry to get special stages.
Number of stages: Alot.
Gimmicks (Like sword, werehog, etc.): None, nadda, just pure Sonic the Hedgehog.
If SEGA wants to save their mascot from dying they should look into this.
Re-Invent games like Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2.

personally, im fine with the new Sonic games.
esspicily the music, i dont really care about the speed of Sonic as long as he is still fast, SEGA is just thinking of some Sonic games that use the Wii's motion control which i personally like.
Sonic UNLEASHED was really good, Secret Rings has amazing graphics and was pretty good, Black Knight has good graphics storyline and music.
He isnt going to die.

Goaliegal49 said:
esspicily the music, i dont really care about the speed of Sonic as long as he is still fast, SEGA is just thinking of some Sonic games that use the Wii's motion control which i personally like.
Sonic UNLEASHED was really good, Secret Rings has amazing graphics and was pretty good, Black Knight has good graphics storyline and music.
He isnt going to die.
Since I got banned for flaming, I'm just going to say this you got a F-tacular

100% agree with you Mega.
Current gen Sonic is nothing more than a gimmick inspired waggle fest with bad music.

Toad Kart 64 said:
This is a pretty good idea, but I think you should replace Shadow with a cool character that hasn't been seen in a while, like Chaos Zero.

Chaos Zero was epic in Sonic Adventure Battle 2 and Sonic DX. His story could be something along the lines of wanting to collect all the Chaos Emeralds so he can be the most powerful being of all.
But Chaos Zero went to space with Tikal.

Tom said:
RockmanEXE said:
You know which character should get a new appearance?

Tails Doll.
Nah, too many stupid characters already.
I know, they keep adding new characters that will probably never be used again, it was fine back in the Sonic Adventure days, but now it's just getting old. I'm looking at you Silver and Blaze.

And Tye, how in the world can you prefer the newer games over the classic ones? You can't even call yourself a Sonic fan.

Goaliegal49 said:
He isnt going to die.
FINALLY someone agrees with me!

Megamannt125 said:
Toad Kart 64 said:
This is a pretty good idea, but I think you should replace Shadow with a cool character that hasn't been seen in a while, like Chaos Zero.

Chaos Zero was epic in Sonic Adventure Battle 2 and Sonic DX. His story could be something along the lines of wanting to collect all the Chaos Emeralds so he can be the most powerful being of all.
Uh...space? What are you talking about? XD

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Toad Kart 64 said:

At the end of Sonic Adventure, Chaos and Tikal flew up to space to live on the moon, but then Eggman blew half of it up with the Ark so they died.

I think there's no going back now, SEGA has absolutely DESTROYED sonic, if anything, they should just lay him to rest.

R.I.P. 1991 - 2009

Don't get me wrong, I like sonic, but they just keep milking the franchise with crap games. >__<

Tyeforce said:
Goaliegal49 said:
He isnt going to die.
How can you two not like Sonic 3 & Knuckles?

i hope (if this is possible) they make a Sonic game like the old ones except in 3d. Maybe Sonic vs. Knuckles 3d or somethin. And thats all i can think of.

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Goaliegal49 said:
He isnt going to die.
My thoughts exactly, that and Sonic 2 are two of the best platformers of all time.

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Toad Kart 64 said:

At the end of Sonic Adventure, Chaos and Tikal flew up to space to live on the moon, but then Eggman blew half of it up with the Ark so they died.
Wh...what?! *Lois laugh* Where do you get this from? And that's impossible, because Chaos returned in Sonic Battle.

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Goaliegal49 said:
He isnt going to die.
It's just boring... Like every other pre-Sonic Adventure game, it barely has a story, and there's no character development or talking. The levels aren't fun, and it's pretty much the same as Sonic 1 and 2.

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Toad Kart 64 said:

Wh...what?! *Lois laugh* Where do you get this from? And that's impossible, because Chaos returned in Sonic Battle.
I don't consider Sonic Battle a canon game, more like a spin-off.

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Goaliegal49 said:
He isnt going to die.
It's just boring... Like every other post-Sonic Adventure game, it barely has a story, and there's no character development or talking. The levels aren't fun, and it's pretty much the same as Sonic 1 and 2.
*Punches in face* How Dare you!

but you are right about lack of story line. But no story line is better than a bad one.

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Goaliegal49 said:
He isnt going to die.
It's just boring... Like every other post-Sonic Adventure game, it barely has a story, and there's no character development or talking. The levels aren't fun, and it's pretty much the same as Sonic 1 and 2.
I don't see why anyone would play Sonic the Hedgehog for character development, how can you take a story about a blue hedgehog and friends seriously? Whatever floats your boat though, at least someone is getting enjoyment out of the newer games.

Actually, Sonic 3 & Knuckles has a storyline.
Eggman tricks knuckles into thinking that Sonic and Tails stole the chaos emeralds to get the master emerald so he ambushes them and steals the chaos emeralds.
Then Sonic goes to find them and finds out Eggman is plotting something, so he goes on a quest to get the Chaos Emeralds back and defeat eggman and on the way get side tracked by knuckles trying to stop them.
Eventually Sonic learns eggman is trying to resurface the Death Egg so he goes to stop him, he destroys the launch base and the Death Egg comes crashing down.
Then after collecting the emeralds Sonic sees knuckles leave a secret area, then he finds himself in the chamber of the master emerald and can change the Chaos emeralds into Super Emeralds, he sees that Eggman is still plotting something so he goes on another quest to get the super emeralds and stop eggman, who launchs the Death Egg anyway so Sonic goes to stop him, Eggman then steals the master emerald to harness it's power, Sonic fights Mecha Sonic then goes into space, after defeating Eggman he has to go Hyper Sonic to defeat eggman before he gets away with the Master Emerald, he suceeds but it isn't over yet, Knuckles gets attacked by Robo Robotnik then a bunch of stuff I don't want to explain, final boss Super Mecha Sonic....

Back