• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How to give Nintendo Feedback about US Nintendo Direct

doubt it'd do anything but if you're going to send them feedback, be polite

I sent feedback as well. It was very polite and well written however it clearly conveyed my disappointment in the lack of communication with the players about the game. That's my biggest issue. I understand delays happen, but lack of communication to such a broad community experiencing a strong grievance really puts my nose out of joint!

Even if you just truly are not in a position to state a reason for falling short on expectation at least say an honest "we're sorry." I don't fault anyone for mistakes or choices, but it's the lack of owning up that makes me really sad. Anything (or anyone) one is loyal to hates to feel that their loyalty is disregarded or misplaced.

I think Animal Crossing is special in one of the reasons for it's popularity is it being a happy refuge for people in a world with a lot of stress and discomfort. It's a "happy place" and we hate to have reasons to feel bad that the wizards behind the curtain are not taking that into account.

Yeah, I'm responsible for my hyper-idealism but oh well. :blush:

Reply using a velvet covered brick. Let them know your disappointment, but be polite and don't rage at them in all caps like a child.

I think Animal Crossing is special in one of the reasons for it's popularity is it being a happy refuge for people in a world with a lot of stress and discomfort. It's a "happy place" and we hate to have reasons to feel bad that the wizards behind the curtain are not taking that into account.

Yeah, I'm responsible for my hyper-idealism but oh well. :blush:

I love your description of it and I think you are 100% correct. Animal Crossing gives us a way to escape our daily stresses, whether our stress is school related, career related, or even related to worries about the future of our country or world. Animal Crossing is a place where hard work always pays off, where people will leave one alone if desired, and where one can easily earn enough money to buy many beautiful things or spend every day fishing, designing clothing, or pursuing other enjoyable pastimes, with no worries.

I can see the Ninendo Team Meeting now:

"Hello everyone, I called you here today to review some statistics. We opened a response questionaire to the latest (December 5th) North American Nintendo Direct and the response was well... Monotone? Animal Crossing fans everywhere are upset about no new information. 97% of commenters focused solely on the lack of AC, or mentioned it among other comments. What will we do about this?" lolololololol

I can see the Ninendo Team Meeting now:

"Hello everyone, I called you here today to review some statistics. We opened a response questionaire to the latest (December 5th) North American Nintendo Direct and the response was well... Monotone? Animal Crossing fans everywhere are upset about no new information. 97% of commenters focused solely on the lack of AC, or mentioned it among other comments. What will we do about this?" lolololololol

They'd just "lol" hard. Because they already have to be aware of how hard they have played us with this game. Making it look like it'd be inevitable to get a release date at a conference, and then not showing it in any way shape or form. It has to be a running joke over at NoA by now.

I filled it out yesterday and also sent an email off. I woke up to a response from Nintendo today.

----------------------

Hello Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your feedback regarding Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I can certainly understand your thoughts on this matter and want you to know how much we appreciate you sending them in. I also want to thank you for your patience on this matter. I assure you that your comments will be added to our records for consideration and made available for other departments at the company to use as they see fit.

As you know, Animal Crossing: New Leaf has been officially announced for release, but hasn't been given a release date yet. When it has, our website's Game Guide (http://www.nintendo.com/games/guide) will be the best place to find it. Once there, use the questions on the left to filter based on system, genre, online play, etc.

When you have narrowed your search, click on the game's title to see all the available information. If what you seek is not yet available, please check back later. When there is new information to share on announced games or other upcoming products, our website is the best official source!

Remember, any posted release dates are estimates and subject to change. As a product's estimated release date approaches, you may wish to check with your local retailers to see when it may be available in your area.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Mary Hyneman

I got a different response:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. I can certainly understand your disappointment that Animal Crossing hasn't been talked about further. I'll be certain to forward your feedback about waiting to see more information about Animal Crossing: New Leaf to the appropriate departments here at Nintendo. Believe me, we are every bit as excited as you are to learn more about what's coming. Eventually, we will pull back the curtain and share all the new and exciting details on our website (www.nintendo.com), but I'm unable to say when we might release more details to the public.

I want to make sure that you know that the Animal Crossing franchise is still very important to Nintendo, which is why it is one of the games featured in the the recently released Nintendo Land game for Wii U. While I know this wasn't the answer you were hoping for, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the Animal Crossing series.

Sincerely,

Alex Schuster
Nintendo of America Inc.

As someone who met Reggie (down at the Wii U launch), I can't say he is the nicest person ever. he pretty much just walked away from the fans. We just wanted to say hi, and we weren't doing anything, but no. I stated my thoughts very politely on the feedback of the ND, and hopefully they can understand our pain and not have Reggie do what he did to the Earthbound fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUFIO6GtThk ;(

C'mon guys. We may not have gotten any new info on ACNL, but we got a release date for Fire Emblem Awakening. How could you be disappointed with that?

C'mon guys. We may not have gotten any new info on ACNL, but we got a release date for Fire Emblem Awakening. How could you be disappointed with that?

Well, this is an Animal Crossing forum, haha. I was quite pleased with the presentation overall. Bunch of new Pikmin 3 and Game & Wario footage. Not to mention the Fire Emblem date and Luigi's Mansion being shown.

I sent my response back. I was polite. told them I was excited for Luigi's Mansion then told them dissapointed in no release date for animal crossing. Said I was very sad.

Maybe because I'm old, but I do not even like the premise of Fire Emblem. I used to nurse for this baby, whose dad wouldn't take care of her because he liked to play games like this too much. This family should not have needed a daily nurse, but there ya go. That makes so I have no desire for this game. That is why I am so disappointed that there were no AC news, because I don't have the WiiU, I'm not a big Mario/Luigi fan, and I despise games like Fire Emblem.

Because:

#1. I'm personally not all of that interested in Fire Emblem. I don't hate the series or anything, and might try the game out, BUT Animal Crossing New Leaf is the one game I really want.

#2. Fire Emblem was announced a long time after Animal Crossing New Leaf. Now not only did it get released a long time before Animal Crossing New Leaf in Japan, but it's doing the same for the US, even being released nearly a year later.

Either way, I will not be playing FE:A, so why should it get rid of my disappointment?

Because:

#1. I'm personally not all of that interested in Fire Emblem. I don't hate the series or anything, and might try the game out, BUT Animal Crossing New Leaf is the one game I really want.

#2. Fire Emblem was announced a long time after Animal Crossing New Leaf. Now not only did it get released a long time before Animal Crossing New Leaf in Japan, but it's doing the same for the US, even being released nearly a year later.

Either way, I will not be playing FE:A, so why should it get rid of my disappointment?

Envy I like you a lot :blush: but the answer to your question might be- because your disappointment doesn't help.
I'm worried TBT has overnight gone from patiently waiting for the game to flash-mobing the Nintendo website. Granted, the game was announced almost two years ago. And two years is a long, time, to, wait.

Envy you and I should create a thread dedicated to fun things TBTers can do, read, and explore while waiting for AC to come out.

Because:

This it looks nice but it is ACNL that i am
most looking forward to play.

Back