• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How to give Nintendo Feedback about US Nintendo Direct

I wouldn't worry too much about Nintendo feeling like we are pestering them. We use survey's where I work and generally a survey company reads the comment box and generates a report from the data collected. They rate the comments on a scale (our survey is 1-10) with 10 being the top score and one being horrible. The person reading the survey also pulls out quotes that they think the company would benefit from hearing.

Luckily we get mostly good feedback (at my job), but my guess is that the comments that will filter through to the upper ranks of Nintendo will be ones that say in simple sound bites what they think such as "I loved the presentation but was sad to see no mention of animal crossing..." and maybe this would get a rating of 7 or 8 whereas "I loved the presentation and can't wait to buy Fire Emblem!" would get a 10 for a positive comment specifically mentioning the name of a game or some such. Whereas "I was very disappointed, I wanted to hear about animal crossing" would get a low score, maybe a 2 or 3. A rant with lots of cussing would probably just be given a rank of 1.

Our company asks the survey group to give us all comments where an employee name was mentioned, and then a sampling of several comments from each ranking.

Again, not sure if Nintendo does like-wise, but my guess is that they do. Don't feel bad about expressing your feelings! They asked for them. Perhaps the anger at not getting a mention of ACNL will push Nintendo to be a bit more open about what will be discussed during their Nintendo directs in advance so that we know whether or not we want to tune in and watch it. That's my hope, anyways. I'm sick of getting all excited over a ND, only to have what I was sure would be mentioned not talked about at all (this includes games other than animal crossing.... I'm still holding out for a new Zelda game for 3DS... :(

Back