How to plant a money tree in acnh

WB Raymond

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
To plant a money tree you must follow the upcoming instructions.
-Find a glowing spot in the ground
-Dig it up
-Go into your inventory and withdraw the amount of Bells you would like to bury
-Wait 4-5 days and you will have a money tree on your island with Bells growing off of it.
Three times the amount of Bells you buried will be grown onto the tree on the fifth day. But you can only access your money for one day before it goes back to being a normal hardwood tree.

Hope my instructions and advice have helped you all to make your island bigger and better with many accessable facilities for your precious amount of Bells.

Also if you want to have a chance of getting a high bell count I would suggest 20,000 bells. It is possible to get 3 bags of bells that contain 99,000 each but its a very low chance if you bury 99,000 bells.

Also if you want to have a chance of getting a high bell count I would suggest 20,000 bells. It is possible to get 3 bags of bells that contain 99,000 each but its a very low chance if you bury 99,000 bells.
Ye that's true that's wat I did and that's why I have a fully upgraded house rn

I have read that the highest guaranteed return you get is by planting 10K bells, you always get 30K bells from the tree. And then it is random if you get a better return or not if you bury more bells. The 10K has always worked for me.

Does it usually work if you bury 20K..?

I have read that the highest guaranteed return you get is by planting 10K bells, you always get 30K bells from the tree. And then it is random if you get a better return or not if you bury more bells. The 10K has always worked for me.

From what I tested it works most of the time. Also If you have multiple residents (users) then there will be more bell tree spots spawning

I don't think so but with 10k it's 100% going to give u 30k but with 20k it only has a 30% chance of giving u 60k so ye hope that helped

I don't think so but with 10k it's 100% going to give u 30k but with 20k it only has a 30% chance of giving u 60k so ye hope that helped
That sounds correct from what I heard too. Oh, one other thing - the money does not disappear if you let the bell tree just stand there. The tree only becomes a regular hardwood tree after you have shaken the tree and the bell bags have dropped to the ground. ^^;

I have tried this a few times but it never works for me :( I thought you had to burry 10 000 for it to work?

I would like a few trees as decorate on my island but I do not know what I am doing wrong.
Also once it works does the tree always grow the bag of bells when you pick them off or does it grow once then its just a normal tree after?

I have tried this a few times but it never works for me :( I thought you had to burry 10 000 for it to work?

I would like a few trees as decorate on my island but I do not know what I am doing wrong.
Also once it works does the tree always grow the bag of bells when you pick them off or does it grow once then its just a normal tree after?
You have to make sure the tree is planted in a area where it can grow. If its planted in a tight spot then it won't grow. So my advice is to plant the bell tree in a open area where there is enough space so the tree can start growing in the next 4 days.

Last edited:
Burying 10k yields the highest expected profit long-term. Any amount above that gives you a 30% chance of tripling your investment and a 70% chance of getting 30k.
  • If you bury 10k per day for 10 days, you invest 100k and are guaranteed to get 300k back for a profit of 200k.
  • If you bury 20k per day for 10 days, you invest 200k and will get 390k back on average for an average profit of 190k.
  • If you bury 99k per day for 10 days, you invest 990k and will get 1101k back on average for an average profit of 111k.
Short-term, you may get lucky burying higher amounts and make a better profit, but you can also get unlucky and lose a lot of bells burying higher amounts. If you plant a money tree every day, you'll make the most bells over the long-run by sticking with 10k.

Back