• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How to predict when villagers will move in?

BitterCoffee

Don't wait, act.
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
Silver Mailbox
Mailbox
So I've been at 8 villagers for a few days and I was doing campsite resets and I randomly see a Curlys plot? I reset again and Antonios plot pops up D: I know they are both Jock and as I currently don't have a Jock so I know I will be getting a villager type I don't have (Jock, Normal, Peppy, Lazy) c: But I've been resettong again and again but no new plots:( So I was wondering when should I expect a new villager plot? :3

Luckily I was resetting otherwise I would have been stuck with Curly or Antonio Dx They're cute but just no for me tbh:9

Last edited:
If you have less than 8 villagers, a new one usually moves in 1-4 days. If you recently streetpassed or played online with anybody, you might get a new villager in 1-2 days

If you have less than 8 villagers, a new one usually moves in 1-4 days. If you recently streetpassed or played online with anybody, you might get a new villager in 1-2 days

I don't have less, I have 8 :3 But I dunno where they could have come from since I don't streetpass, but maybe someone had them move out? :3
I'm going in with my mayor so if a plot pops up they better not move in my hybrids-.- Thanks very much!:3

I think the game always makes sure you have at least 9 villagers. When Renee moved out of my town last week Cesar started moving in the very next day. He hasn't mentioned living in another town before, so I think he's a random move in.

yeah, if you have 8, you will get a 9th random move-in. It can take a few days though. If you have 9 you can only get that last villager from the campsite, streetpass or wifi.

I think the game always makes sure you have at least 9 villagers. When Renee moved out of my town last week Cesar started moving in the very next day. He hasn't mentioned living in another town before, so I think he's a random move in.

Oh okaay, I'll be careful and alt char then c: I was confused when I first saw those plots xD
Thanks! C:

- - - Post Merge - - -

yeah, if you have 8, you will get a 9th random move-in. It can take a few days though. If you have 9 you can only get that last villager from the campsite, streetpass or wifi.

Okaaaay thanks so much! C: I'll be careful and alt char to see who I get c: I only got 2 plots today so I might get another few tomorrow?:s I wish the game would tell you Dx

After it has been seven days since the day after the villager moved out, there's a very high chance someone will be moving in. It's not 100% but it appears to be close. I can't confirm if the chance of a new villager increases every day but it definitely spikes after seven days.

After it has been seven days since the day after the villager moved out, there's a very high chance someone will be moving in. It's not 100% but it appears to be close. I can't confirm if the chance of a new villager increases every day but it definitely spikes after seven days.

Hmmm okaaayc: I'll keep using alt characters to check:3 Thanks very much:D

Back