• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How to Unlock QR Code Usage

Animal Crossing Rocks

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Silver Mailbox
So I googled Animal Crossing New Leaf patterns and came across this website: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/119846/how-can-i-import-patterns-via-qr-code . According to this website, in order to unlock the ability to do QR codes is by becoming friends with Sable like you would the previous games. I think I have been doing this each day since launch (I wonder if I forgot a day or two. Idk.) and if I have been doing it each day, I noticed that it seems like it takes longer to be her friend in this game. (Either that or the fact that it is a new game and you can only do certain things each day makes it seem longer.) Hope this helps!!

I spoke to Sable everyday for a little over a week or so, and I got it. I'm pretty sure that's all you have to do. By the time she starts talking about how her work tires her out, her sisters, etc, then you're about 3 days away from getting the sewing machine.

Once you get this option< where do you find these codes? I ve seen people post them but is there a place with them all? are they limited and exactly how do you scan them?:confused:

Once you get this option< where do you find these codes? I ve seen people post them but is there a place with them all? are they limited and exactly how do you scan them?:confused:

1) These codes can be found on many websites and blogs, for example tumblr (Most blogs on tumblr are just posting clothes they've found on japanese blogs, most of the time they give credit to the original publisher, so you can find even more blogs.) These clothes are made by ordinary people, so they are not all in one place

2)If by limited you mean there's only a certain amount of clothes out there?..Then no. These are just normal people making them, so it's non-stop. But if you mean there's only a certain amount you can hold...Then yes. You can only hold 10 designs per character

3)You scan the codes with the 3ds camera in-game. You go up to the sewing machine, you will be given an option to scan a code and then you're done.

Hope this helped~

this helped ALOT, so thank you kindly!

oh, one more thing and im sorry for all of the questions.. How exactly do you scan the codes with the "in game"camera?

Last edited:
this helped ALOT, so thank you kindly!

oh, one more thing and im sorry for all of the questions.. How exactly do you scan the codes with the "in game"camera?

Once you get the sewing machine, you go talk to Sable. Then she'll ask you if you want to use it, you say yes, and then she gives you a list of what you can do. These are the options:

1) Scan QR Code: If you choose this, the in-game camera launches and you line up the frame on the top screen with the frame of the QR code that you're trying to scan. Like Elloriee said, you can find these codes anywhere online. (Just Google them for a buttload :3) Depending on the type of item that you're trying to scan, you may either be done scanning after the first one (if you're trying to get a pattern to put for a path for example) or you may have to do multiple scans (clothing). If you're doing clothing, just follow the on-screen directions!

2) Create a QR Code: Basically the machine just creates a QR Code from whatever design you want. Then you can upload it to other sites and share it with friends if you want!

3) What is a QR Code?: Just choose this if you need anymore help..

I hope that helped though! :)

Back