• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Hylian in Animal Crossing?

Blues

Little Voice of Courage
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Silver Mailbox
20 Envelopes
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Mailbox
I was watching one of Josh's video journals, and I noticed something.

HHA.JPG

The letters on Lyle's desk are very similar to the Hylian text used in The Legend of Zelda! They aren't exact, more like a localized dialect of Hylian, but they are definitely inspired by Hylian. What does it mean?

There are a few symbols that match up to the Old Hylian used in Ocarina of Time, but I can't translate it.

They also had those kind of letters on the "Re-Tail" sign, before it was named Re-Tail. I'm trying to find a picture, but Google Images isn't loading for me, so w/e.

There are a few symbols that match up to the Old Hylian used in Ocarina of Time, but I can't translate it.

That's why I'd guess it's something like a regional dialect. It is good to hear more confirmation, though. Which ones match up?

Lovemcqueen: Probably. A Zora mutant, maybe.

Enyeto: I remember that!

Maybe it's just Nintendo giving a "shout out" to LoZ, seeing as they ARE part of the same company :p

It does look a lot like the Hylian alphabet, though if it is which game would it be from? I know OoT, WW, TP and SS all have different alphabets (I think). Animal Crossing takes place in the same universe as Hyrule confirmed? ;)

Back