• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I am scared to use the reset trick now.

fl0ra

flower princess
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
2698-4827-5576
New Horizons Token
April Birthstone (Diamond)
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Red Candy
Green Candy
Blue Candy
Yellow Candy
Pokéball
Cake
Mailbox
ever since i heard the news about data corruptions happening when you exit to the home menu, i've been terrified of doing the reset trick.
which sucks because that's how i got my dreamies kid cat and whitney :c
ava is moving out soon and i'm debating whether or not i should still use
this method to obtain my last two dreamies: tom and tammy.

do you still use the reset trick?

Last edited:
I still use it when I have time. Other times I'm just too tired or busy to use it, so I just start the game and pray none of my hybrids were smashed.

Only a very small number of people (less than 5, I think?) have claimed to have their data corrupt while resetting, so the actual cause isn't definite.

I've reset hundreds of times without issue, so I'll continue to use it. :)

I still used it to get Rosies plot when I had a random move in :3 It took about 2 days resetting constantly c: And I've had no problems c:

Last edited:
I feel the same, Fl0ra. I'd hate for my data to be corrupted! Knowing it's super rare helps a bit... but who knows! I have a villager moving out soon, so I'm unsure if I should use it when a new one moves in. Though, I don't have any landscaping I'm particularly attached to, yet.

Hmm, I've reset roughly 300 times over the course of two games. The first game did not corrupt, I reset it willingly. When I reset for plots or campers I press the Power button, never home. I have never had a problem.

Power, then home once it says "Software Closed". I've heard nothing about this method but I've never encountered a problem or even anything different in my game, so I'd say just try that.

Hope this helps, I really hate having to put up with ugly villagers (which I used to get the lion's share of before I began resetting) so I would recommend using whatever works best.

Well, I don't mean to scare you, but we don't know if resetting is the exact cause of corruption. We won't know unless an official experiment is done.

So it's a risk. I did it before and have had no corruptions, but others have and have had corruptions. Some people just open their game and have never reset or anything like that and their files have corrupted. But since they never reset, it brings up the question "how" and we don't know "How".

If you're willing to take the risk, then take it.

Back