• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I... had a dream

AoJones

Ao of Sorami
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
A dream where New Leaf was more than a game, it was my home and I lived there. I found myself in front of the train station which tbh the set up was more like the town gate in WW. It was in the Japanese style and was daunting to stand next to. A calm breeze would carry leaves past it's huge opening. After staring for awhile I moved to my right and once again how things were set up it gave the feel that WW had merged with NL; the natural town walls stood as high as the train station. Placed right in front of the wall a orange tent rested, it looked serene because it was laid out behind a field of bamboo. Then a forest followed after a pond by the staton, the grass was dark green and shadows from the trees danced on the ground, the wind felt cool. Sadly, I could feel the light on my eyes.

New Leaf I await your arrival so that my obsession may be put to rest.

Going by the title, since your post just made me angry with impatience lol I hate when I have dreams about new leaf. I've had multiple dreams and EACH time, I wake up right before I get to play the game.

A dream where New Leaf was more than a game, it was my home and I lived there. I found myself in front of the train station which tbh the set up was more like the town gate in WW. It was in the Japanese style and was daunting to stand next to. A calm breeze would carry leaves past it's huge opening. After staring for awhile I moved to my right and once again how things were set up it gave the feel that WW had merged with NL; the natural town walls stood as high as the train station. Placed right in front of the wall a orange tent rested, it looked serene because it was laid out behind a field of bamboo. Then a forest followed after a pond by the staton, the grass was dark green and shadows from the trees danced on the ground, the wind felt cool. Sadly, I could feel the light on my eyes.

New Leaf I await your arrival so that my obsession may be put to rest.

This is poetry. :)
Funnily enough, when playing WW I often think "Why can't real villages/towns be like this?" sigh...

This is poetry. :)
Funnily enough, when playing WW I often think "Why can't real villages/towns be like this?" sigh...

Thanks I just kinda started writing it down =P Same it's so peaceful there and carefree.

Weird... I keep a Dream Journal and Saw this thread immediately after writing a new entry from last night. :0

Thanks I just kinda started writing it down =P Same it's so peaceful there and carefree.

The peacefulness can be quite therapeutic. I mean, there's escapism in games, but AC is just... better :)

I have dreams about AC occasionally, but usually something's a bit strange or 'off' - a few nights ago I dreamed I was trying to catch a small bird with my net, which is weird, because there's bird characters. It wasn't an anthropomorphic bird though, more realistic :p

The peacefulness can be quite therapeutic. I mean, there's escapism in games, but AC is just... better :)

I have dreams about AC occasionally, but usually something's a bit strange or 'off' - a few nights ago I dreamed I was trying to catch a small bird with my net, which is weird, because there's bird characters. It wasn't an anthropomorphic bird though, more realistic :p

I think if you could catch normal animals that also have villager counterparts that they should look shocked =P AC does have that calming effect though, a great way to relax when its been a rough day

I have video game dreams all the time, I had a new leaf one not too long ago

I think if you could catch normal animals that also have villager counterparts that they should look shocked =P AC does have that calming effect though, a great way to relax when its been a rough day

That would be funny! :p
Although in my WW town I have Marina, who's an octopus (I think?) and you can catch octopus in the sea... The lines between animal/villager/people in AC are quite blurry :S I'm thinking about it too much, and this is where I'm in danger of loosing the calming effect because of my obstinate logic :p

I've had dreams where I have had the game and played it, so annoying when you wake up!

That would be funny! :p
Although in my WW town I have Marina, who's an octopus (I think?) and you can catch octopus in the sea... The lines between animal/villager/people in AC are quite blurry :S I'm thinking about it too much, and this is where I'm in danger of loosing the calming effect because of my obstinate logic :p

I know what you mean. If I ever think about it (which I try not to) I just imagine that just like there's dogs and foxes there's some animals that are "normal" and others that can talk and such. Far fetch but doesn't matter because the game is great:D

does daydreaming count? I just hold my 3ds and picture me playing the game

I actually get made fun of by my friends for daydreaming too much, they don't like to hear them, especially since they can be a bit far fetched at times =P

I know what you mean. If I ever think about it (which I try not to) I just imagine that just like there's dogs and foxes there's some animals that are "normal" and others that can talk and such. Far fetch but doesn't matter because the game is great:D

I think it was the cute, talking animals that reeled me into AC as a child. I still love them, obviously, and I'm amazed and glad that it still has the same appeal to me after all these years. Probably because it's also a great game :)

I had a dream last night that I was downloading the game haha. :D In the dream, I had fallen asleep before the midnight release, and I frantically woke up the next day and began downloading. I woke up before getting to play it, though... o_o

But in other words: I can relate haha.

I think it was the cute, talking animals that reeled me into AC as a child. I still love them, obviously, and I'm amazed and glad that it still has the same appeal to me after all these years. Probably because it's also a great game :)

I think the easy going attitude and freedom really drew me into AC. I had friends who owned gamecubes and I saw them play then a little later I played Harvest Moon, and after that I craved games of a similar nature. Once WW came out and I played it I was hooked.

Back