• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I... had a dream

Going by the title, since your post just made me angry with impatience lol I hate when I have dreams about new leaf. I've had multiple dreams and EACH time, I wake up right before I get to play the game.

Me too! One time I had a dream that I got it, but right before I could play it I woke up! :(

I had the strangest dream the other day. I dreamt that I somehow got a hold of an Animal Crossing 3DS XL AT LONG LAST, but as I started playing I was horrified because all the dialogue was written in Japanese.

It was more like a nightmare because I remember waking up gasping for air once Rover started speaking.

This is poetry. :)
Funnily enough, when playing WW I often think "Why can't real villages/towns be like this?" sigh...

The creators and writers for Animal Crossing have stated that the possible reason we keep playing is due to the simplicity of life within and the motivation to get things done. Life is not cruel in AC. You do things at your own pace, when you feel like doing them. And since we can't do that in real life, we use this as an escape, and somewhere deep in our minds, we keep playing because we wish to strive for an impossible world.

It's strange how I haven't played New Leaf yet, but I feel like I've been there a thousand times. I see Animal Crossing games as a vacation home. A way to escape the stresses and pains of the real world. Even if you fail at catching that rare fish you've always wanted, it's still a peaceful escape.

That sounds so peaceful. I hope I get a dream like that soon :) Animal Crossing is such a serene place to be. Its like a personal paradise. If I could live in Animal Crossing, I mean, I probably would! Think how awesome it would be. The animals are so cute :p

For now I guess I'll have to settle with my little daily escape in the form of a 3DS!

Weird, I day dreamed about New Leaf while I was getting a filling today at the dentist. Kept my mind off of the metal in my mouth and made me happy :) Now I want the game even more..
I also daydream quite a bit about NL lately, especially playing Wild World >.<

The creators and writers for Animal Crossing have stated that the possible reason we keep playing is due to the simplicity of life within and the motivation to get things done. Life is not cruel in AC. You do things at your own pace, when you feel like doing them. And since we can't do that in real life, we use this as an escape, and somewhere deep in our minds, we keep playing because we wish to strive for an impossible world.

THIS.

Seriously, that's fascinating. I've had the sense that there's a deeper kind of escapism going on in the AC world - it seems like a feasible utopia, yet completely unreachable by us :(

Even though as sad as it is that we can't have a place as peaceful and carefree as AC in our day and age, it's truley great that we can see it in another shape. Looking through a window we can see how people want the world to be, we get a glimpse on how peaceful things really can be and it's a great experience.

On a side note a lot of people are having AC dreams as of late. Is this a new marketing campaign from Nintendo o_O?

The only dream of a video game I had was of Harvest Moon...back when I was about 12 years old lol.
I wish I had an AC dream, I would like Apple to be in it <3
Also, Takoyaki...he NEEDS to be a villager in my town *_*

Last edited:
I had a dream about it last weekend. At least yours was a nice dream, mine was that they'd pushed the release date back again. I was pretty annoyed until I realised it wasn't true...

I had a dream about it last weekend. At least yours was a nice dream, mine was that they'd pushed the release date back again. I was pretty annoyed until I realised it wasn't true...

I would wake up so angry and search if it was true.

I keep having dreams about either playing the game (due to sheer excitement) or everyone else playing it and me not being able to get it (due to the fact that I'm probably getting it 2 days late). Plus, my brain is super weird and makes my dreams as whacky as a Cirque du Soleil show.

I'm not the only one!! You aren't alone, the game is haunting my dreams.. :( that would be great if I could play NL, but yeah. I've had multiple dreams so far, recently because it's getting so close. My first dream I was actually playing new leaf, I awoke as I went to Isabelle to complain about one of my villagers o.o the next, I had a dream that I was waiting in a short line at what seemed to be a midnight release for the game, anxiously waiting for my new xl. My last one, the night before last actually, was similar to yours. I was IN the game, and it was amazing D: this was the haziest of all three unfortunately. I remember planting flowers :) by... Throwing them on the ground, lmao. Also eating a fruit from my town, a peach!

Man, I hope this stops soon, it seriously isn't helping the wait.

You guys need to take a break from AC then... I actually had a dream about AC but I didn't really give a crap when I woke up.

You guys need to take a break from AC then... I actually had a dream about AC but I didn't really give a crap when I woke up.

Take a break from something I'm not even playing yet? Looool. Sorry just funny, did you mean break from anything ac related? Easier said than done. :(

Take a break from something I'm not even playing yet? Looool. Sorry just funny, did you mean break from anything ac related? Easier said than done. :(

Like, the forums and such. The previous games even better.
It seems like some people are going literally insane over it, lol

Like, the forums and such. The previous games even better.
It seems like some people are going literally insane over it, lol

Yeah I figured, was just poking fun. :) I might try to stay away for awhile starting tomorrow, try to play some unfinished games even.

Yeah I figured, was just poking fun. :) I might try to stay away for awhile starting tomorrow, try to play some unfinished games even.

I had completely removed ACNL from my mind, and the days to release went from 90 to like 50 in a flash.

But what dragged me back in was the release of the bundle, and it kind of annoys me how anticipated I am for it. If I had a 3DS, and other games to play on it, I wouldn't really care about waiting for NL. It's just one game XD

The sad thing is that I'm not playing any of the games right now and I go on the forum maybe two times a day, if that. I even stopped looking at all AC tags on Tumblr. I guess it's probably because the spring semester ended and all that, so I have less to keep my mind off of it. :p

Back