• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I think all the villagers should be replaced.

Do you agree?

• Yes!

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • No

Votes: 102 93.6%

• Total voters
Explain how it would be too cost ineffective.

Because it costs a lot less to update textures and copy lines from existing characters than to design and write for a brand new character. That extra work takes time and money, and generally its a bad idea to invest extra time and money on something that won't increase sales or interest in the game (in fact it may do the opposite!)

This.

We had a big discussion before the game was released about the possibility of new personality types. They added a couple in with New Leaf, but it'd be nice if in the next installment we could get a lot more.

Or even improved AI in the artificial intelligence. I think they should adjust the individual animals so that even animals with the same personality type will act differently.

Like maybe one lazy villager will talk about food more often, or one will ask more favors. They could even make the different species have slightly different dialogue. I always thought it was weird that octopi and frogs never addressed the fact that they could be used as furniture. Little individual backstories could be added. Although, that could potentially take more data than a few new personality types, so I guess new personalities would be ideal.

Yeah, I think that there aren't a whole lot of new villagers and it kind of disappoints me. I agree that more new villagers would make things really fresh, and that they should find a balance between old and new.

You are bad at trolling.

It's almost funny actually, but then you consider that this is how someone chooses to live their life. Sad really, I feel pity for him. I do get over it pretty quick when I see the rest of the community--nice, funny people actually willing to be of use and helpful!

I liked the New Leaf approach where villagers who hadn't been seen since the original returned like Bangle.

Or even improved AI in the artificial intelligence. I think they should adjust the individual animals so that even animals with the same personality type will act differently.

Like maybe one lazy villager will talk about food more often, or one will ask more favors. They could even make the different species have slightly different dialogue. I always thought it was weird that octopi and frogs never addressed the fact that they could be used as furniture. Little individual backstories could be added. Although, that could potentially take more data than a few new personality types, so I guess new personalities would be ideal.
villagers with the same personalities have exactly the same dialogue?

This.

We had a big discussion before the game was released about the possibility of new personality types. They added a couple in with New Leaf, but it'd be nice if in the next installment we could get a lot more.

Agreed. There should be enough personality types that I don't have two the same in my village. It kind of ruins the illusion when half my townies say the same thing.

villagers with the same personalities have exactly the same dialogue?

Pretty much. They all have the same text pools, and what is pulled from the text pool is random. I think they should cater what gets pulled from the text depending on the villager.

Er, no thanks. I actually enjoy seeing my favourite villagers from past games in newer ones. It makes the game more special.

It'd be kinda sad not to see Cube, Lucy, or Tabby anymore. I'm fine with the same villagers as long as they add a significant amount of new ones.

I don't think any villagers should ever be replaced. I think we should just get more and more villagers with each game! My favorite male villager of all-- Quetzal-- was removed after the first game! I hate that! |:< Meanwhile TABBY is still around. Raaagh. I don't understand that. If Tabby can stick around, why not Quetzal?

I love getting new villagers, but I hate the idea that they should replace old ones!

No I really like a lot of the villagers and there are still so many that I have not had in any of my towns. It is always nice to have new villagers but also keep the old ones. I miss piper have not seen her since she left my gc town

By everyone do you mean "just you"?

The more the merrier I think....also it would be a shame to lose so many great villagers. As has already been said you need a mix of the old and the new.

Personally I think the villagers should be like pokemon, in that if they ever go missing it should be scandalous. I know if they removed a pokemon from the series a lot of people would be shocked.

I don't hate the current villagers at all!
It's a shame when they remove just a few of them, because a some were my favorites from the DS game.

I wouldn't mind if for something like the Wii u Animal Crossing they started fresh completely with all characters (including Tom Nook, the Able Sisters etc.) It would be an interesting change. It isn't that I don't like the villagers and characters there already are but many of them have been in for four games now. You can only listen to Sable and Mable's story so many times before it starts feeling like they could've done something new. But like I said, I don't mind either way really, I'm just happy with more Animal Crossing :D

I would be happy if the monkey and gorilla villagers were removed. I have a phobia of monkeys and all primates except lemurs.

But, like Tommytulip said, I wish they would make some new main characters. I'm kind of tired of Tom Nook, Pelly, Pete, Phyllis, etc. However, I think that's just part of the game now, and I'm just happy New Leaf is just a month (and a day) away.

What we need to do is get rid of the old ugly villagers like Freckles.

..On the other hand, if villagers like Freckles were removed, who would I make fun of?

Honestly, I want an Animal Crossing game that has every villager that has ever been a villager and then even more new villagers.

Back