• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I think I have pretty much quit.

XTheLancerX

Dedicated Gamer
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Small Mailbox
I played this game so much it just all of a sudden... Burnt out. One of my most used paths recently had the house of PANGO decide to sit pretty much in the middle, ruining a small bamboo forest I made around the path in the process. Also, I just kind of ran out of stuff to do. I still need more emotions, but got so bored with the game that I don't even bother to play it every 3 or so days. I would love to play it more but there isn't much more to do... I would buy a new copy so I don't have to destroy my town I put 200 hours into but I really don't feel like spending the money on it. I also am not sure if doing that would interest me in the game more... I am just excited for Pokemon X and Y, and iOS 7 (I know it's weird to be excited about such things, I am a geek and my brother often gets annoyed when I start talking about it xP). Being stressed by school doesn't help either because now I have other things I would rather spend my few hours at home doing.

I just need to accept that this game is pretty much done for me. :(

well, if you've done all you want in the game then there's no reason to force yourself to play.

Yeah just staaahp. Maybe you'll pick it up again in a few months and it will be fresh and more enjoyable.

well, if you've done all you want in the game then there's no reason to force yourself to play.

Yeah that is probably the best I can do. It still pains me though because I knew about this game since it was announced but got so excited in the last 6 months that it was awful. This game is the only reason I bought a 3DS and it makes me feel weird, although I love my 3DS... I don't know, it is all just very complicated. :p

I'm getting to be the same way.. I used to play every second I got and now I just open the game and end up putting it in sleep mode for hours at a time lol. There really is nothing left to do.

Yeah that is probably the best I can do. It still pains me though because I knew about this game since it was announced but got so excited in the last 6 months that it was awful. This game is the only reason I bought a 3DS and it makes me feel weird, although I love my 3DS... I don't know, it is all just very complicated. :p

Well, you still have X/Y to look forward to. Put your town on "Perfect Town" ordinance, so that if and when you do feel like playing it again you wouldn't be so dismayed at the amount of weeds that you say "the heck with it" and never play it again.

#firstworldproblems

Sorry, couldn't resist :p but seriously yeah, I think it really helps if you go on a break, it's silly to play it if you're not really enjoying it anymore.

I stopped since my all time favorite villager moved out by accident. :p I haven't played for almost two weeks, wondering if Merengue, Marina, or Kyle have moved out... I'll probably time travel a week back to be safe lol.

I feel the same way... I'm so tired of trying on AC anymore (like real life u.u) Let my town go to crap and just left stuff all over :p
The only reason I go on is because I promised people villagers >_<

I got bored at the end of June when grass deterioration reared it's ugly head. I put it down for almost two months then started playing again. I take the game at my own pace now. I wont do everything at once that way I don't run out of things to do. I mainly like dressing up, collecting random furniture, and just fishing now.

Which seems like all there really is to the game when I think about it. It's a good time sink but it is pretty dull and unrewarding for the most part.

I don't see why ac is so addicting. There's not much left to do. I don't wanna quit though and let my town go to hell and lose kid cat and rocket. I think school and work has been getting in my way. I'm at school all day on Tuesday and Thursday and when I get home I only got like an hour to play before all the shops close. And I been closing at work a lot so that takes a good chunk of the day away. I only been playing for only routine stuff lately. If my villagers would just gimme their pictures so I can let them move, things would be more exciting in my town.

I've found that getting new villagers helped. Over the last two weeks I've gained two which has added more variety. Just need a 10th to help others move out.
That said, I'm finding it quite hard to get the motivation to fully landscape. My flowers are a mess and my trees need rearranging. I also have a lot of bushes to plant. I think I'll gradually do it though, so it takes up more time. Still got some decorating to do as well.

Valid concerns. Surprised to read about iOS, haha. Take a break, maybe one day you'll come back to it. :)

put your town on beautiful b4 u take a break

I quit the game a bit as well. There's really nothing for me to do... :( I've stopped playing for like 1 week so far. Also, it's too hard for me to find my dream villagers so I pretty much gave up.

Back