• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I wish your characters could have designated rooms.

CHR:)S

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Like when you start playing, they get up from the room you designate them too.

There must be a bed in said room.

It can not be the main room (The room you walk into).

If a character is not designated to a room, they wake up in the upstairs attic as usual.

So if you walked into a room on another character while another character is being unplayed, they will be sleeping in the bed of the room. And you can't wake them up, lol.

Edit: Also I wish you could decorate, or atleast put wallpaper/floorboards in the attic. I hate how my entire house looked beautiful while the attic looked like trash.

^That would have been great.

Because then I would feel like I'm actually designing a room for someone. Instead, I feel like I am pointlessly decorating the room so that the air within has a prettier place to accompany itself in.

It was like that in the DS version if I remember right. The unplayed characters slept in their beds in the attic and the playable character could watch them asleep.

It was like that in the DS version if I remember right. The unplayed characters slept in their beds in the attic and the playable character could watch them asleep.
Hm, things are turning gears in my head now : O I think I mstarting to understand

It wasn't like that in City Folk? I only played the DS version. But I meant I didn't really like the attic thing. I'd like it if characters would be able to have their own designated rooms.

So when you choose a character in City Folk, and the 3DS version, where do the players start? They don't wake up or anything? I'm assuming they just walk out of the house? =/ If so, that is worse and even less realistic than the attic thing. Because if they all come out of the house, but they're not in the house, they just appear out of thin air? Dear lord x-x

So when you start the game.. You walk out of your house? Or what happens

When you start the game, Shizue appears in front of you, similar how Rover would in City Folk and your villagers would in the original. Once you get past that, you walk out of your house. No attic. But it would be cool if you could assign where you would sleep. I was thinking about this the other day actually.

Lol. This just makes your house even more pointless. If you don't even sleep in it.

I'd take the attic over this any day.

I don't really see a problem with it.

I do get the sense of realism with bedrooms, and waking up in your bed to start the new day. But walking out your door probably saves you more time to go out and actually do stuff. The house isn't pointless, it's there for you to decorate.

Your day starts by walking out of your own house. You don't have other people living in it. It's just you. Go ahead and assign a room where you feel like sleeping ;) it saves time in the long run.

Other residents you make get their own house.

Houses are important to me. Unlike most people, I like to sit in my home when I'm idle in Animal Crossing. Like, if I was busy in real life, I would go into my house virtually and just sit on the sofa, leaving my character watching TV or something, while I get the thing done in real life. I like how villagers visit you randomly too, I won't be lonely all the time.

Houses are important to me. Unlike most people, I like to sit in my home when I'm idle in Animal Crossing. Like, if I was busy in real life, I would go into my house virtually and just sit on the sofa, leaving my character watching TV or something, while I get the thing done in real life. I like how villagers visit you randomly too, I won't be lonely all the time.

Lol, I do that, too. Whenever I would take a nap, I would turn off all the lights in my virtual house and lay my character in bed. xD

I don't miss the attic to be honest. I had always used start to save my game, but I can see why people liked it. It made the game more realistic I suppose.

I don't miss the attic to be honest. I had always used start to save my game, but I can see why people liked it. It made the game more realistic I suppose.

I thought the attic was pointless.. and I also saved with start instead of walking all the way to my house, inside, up the stairs, and onto the bed. Too much work.

and though it was more "realistic" in terms of getting into your bed to save "sleep", the fact you have a bed in the attic is weird.
With an entire house for you to put a bed anywhere, you have one in the attic that has absolutely no furniture, wallpaper, or anything in it. =p

Really glad they removed it.

I thought the attic was pointless.. and I also saved with start instead of walking all the way to my house, inside, up the stairs, and onto the bed. Too much work.

and though it was more "realistic" in terms of getting into your bed to save "sleep", the fact you have a bed in the attic is weird.
With an entire house for you to put a bed anywhere, you have one in the attic that has absolutely no furniture, wallpaper, or anything in it. =p

this :)
Glad to hear they got rid of the attic!

I'm also glad they removed it. It bugged me too considering most people include the bed in whatever furniture series they were decorating with.

And slightly off-topic, but it's also been a pet peeve of mine how the HRA wanted you to include a bed in the main room for points. I never wanted to put a bed there; to me it was like an entrance/living room/parlor or kitchen type of area, not a bedroom when you first walk in the house, ugh.

I don't want to have to put a bed in my attic or entry room, thank you very much. :rolleyes:

Back