Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Apple (Fruit)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
What animals would you exhibit? Would they all be from the same biome? Same continent? Or maybe, you don’t have a traditional zoo, but have a few animal houses with a central plaza and call that a zoo.

You can also talk about what amenities you could have at your zoo, beyond restaurants and gift shops.

I would make a zoo with paper mache animals because animals deserve to be free in the wild. If rain is a problem I can find a water resistant material. For the aquatic ones I would have stone carvings or be made from a material that can be in water for long periods of time.

My zoo would be more of animal houses and less of the larger exhibitions. While the center has a fountain, the information center/gift shop is at the entry and the restaurant is on the opposite side. The four animal houses I will have are the aquarium, the bird house, the reptile house, and the nocturnal house.

I also have a love/hate relationship with zoos, aquariums, etc, because I agree that animals should be free. But if an animal needs to be rescued because they were injured, I suppose that is ok. Or a big park where the animals could roam and then also sometimes be seen by humans could be cool. Like an island, like on Jurassic Park. But no Velociraptors. ::shudder:::

I have always loved Red pandas at the zoo because they still seem sort of exotic, and they are playful.
Lately, I've been obsessed with clouded leopards because I love cats, and they have really awesome paws that are huge and can bend in nifty ways to help them climb up and down trees!

I would exhibit animals that needed re-habilitating so that they could eventually, hopefully be re-released into the wild. A lot of zoos do do this, not all zoos are bad.

Some animals unfortunately can never be released back into the wild, due to being poached and sold as a pet when they were young, or other reasons. These types of animals ought to be rescued and placed in high quality, accredited zoos that focus on rehabilitation and education, rather than entertainment. (Or, if not placed into zoos, they should be placed into sanctuaries).

I like zoos, I think the ones in my area do a good job of only housing animals that can't be released into the wild.
There's a lot of value in having people experience animals first hand too, helps them realize that they are real and in need of protection. If people only ever heard about exotic animals, and never saw them then they wouldn't care as much about protecting the environment. I would want my zoo to be very educational and foster a love of animals.

I don't know about a whole zoo, but I would love to own a larger fish tank and an aquarium for saltwater fish. I think that would be fun! But I don't have the room or time currently. Maybe a dream for the near-future one day!

I think I'd want my zoo to focus on the breeding of species that are endangered, especially if they're critically endangered, and helping animals that need rehabilitation. Like my local zoo is part of a program that helps rehabilitate and rerelease manatees

I like the idea of people being in cages while visiting the animals in the wilderness.

The animals keep their freedom. You still get the value of seeing them.

1453366176_eeca348660096e711cd17c1f61fb2519_xl.jpg

zoos aren't all bad, plenty of them serve as sanctuaries for endangered species/animals that can't instantly go back into the wild so i'd love to be part of something like that.

This is probably going to sound really lame, but i like the idea of a homestead/learning type place, but focused on animals that don't get eaten. All the animals would be on nice grass/ natural areas.

It could have chickens, goats, sheep, cows, etc, out in pastures living their best life, with livestock guardian dogs (like Pyrenees) for security (or donkeys). And of course, a petting zoo area to rotate certain ones thru.

So people could come, see different kinds of chickens, sheep, etc and how to free range and take care of the animals in their natural setting, how to collect eggs, wool, milk, etc. The shops could sell the wool, or yarn, or informational materials on how to turn wool into yarn, milk into yogurt, etc, and of course sell plushies.

I guess to go full circle it could have garden areas where they use the composted 'fertilizer' to grow food of all kinds.

So basically a small micro-farm, but a free range, nice farm, with happy farm animals. 😂

And if i get enough spores, it could have a mushroom growing area.

Back