• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

I'm ready for anything!

I ordered this one from playasia https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...e+guide&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

Hopefully the pictures are good still.. I was going to get the 2 you suggested but on eBay they were a bit expensive with slow shipping. I didn't really trust some of the eBay sellers either.. Some were selling for $88.. Crazy price

Edit.. I found the Nintendo one on eBay and bought that too.. I think ill stop now lol. :)

Last edited:
I know this is bumping an old thread, but do you have a picture of the un-lockable wallpaper from completing the fish and insects? I believe it's called "Underwater Wallpaper"

Seeing as you've had the game for a couple months now. What is the grass wear like so far? Is it terrible like in City Folk or does it disappear so slowly that it actually as time to regrow? Does it disappear faster with running vs walking?

Oh, he's not even a Hamster, but that still doesn't explain the Luchador mask he looks to have on. :p

Bit late responding to this, but...

I don't think that's a Luchador mask. It looks like a Dogu to me.
Considering his Japanese name is Dogurou, and his English name is Clay... I'd suspect this to be the actual case, as Dogu are ancient Japanese clay effigies. ;)

Pretty cool character.

Seeing as you've had the game for a couple months now. What is the grass wear like so far? Is it terrible like in City Folk or does it disappear so slowly that it actually as time to regrow? Does it disappear faster with running vs walking?

The grass wear is unlike city folk. It grows faster, it wears down slower, and it's protected by patterns. Previously, patterns destroyed the grass underneath. Now they protect it. You can run to your heart's content if you have patterned streets.

It disappears faster with running. Which makes sense.

Grass regrows in a week or so when flowers are planted and it is watered everyday.

Do keep in mind that your town has dead areas normally where grass will never grow/regrow.

Oh wow I didn't know that there were patches were Grass wouldn't ever grow! I assume those patches would be the areas that started out as dirt spots in the first place?

Are there any dead spots in new leaf where normal trees just don't grow? I remember being driven nuts in past games trying to make forests and having giant empty patches because of them :(

The grass wear is unlike city folk. It grows faster, it wears down slower, and it's protected by patterns. Previously, patterns destroyed the grass underneath. Now they protect it. You can run to your heart's content if you have patterned streets.

It disappears faster with running. Which makes sense.

Grass regrows in a week or so when flowers are planted and it is watered everyday.

Do keep in mind that your town has dead areas normally where grass will never grow/regrow.

Thanks for the reply.

I will have patterned paths but I don't like limiting my guests to having to use the paths only. Hopefully the grass wear is so slow that I won't notice it.

I know this is bumping an old thread, but do you have a picture of the un-lockable wallpaper from completing the fish and insects? I believe it's called "Underwater Wallpaper"

OMG, yessssss. This is what I've been looking for. I really want an underwater wall paper for one of my rooms. Might take me a year to get it, but it'll be worth the wait.

I have a question, how do you expect to defend yourself from the zombie apocalypse with just those?

Oh wow I didn't know that there were patches were Grass wouldn't ever grow! I assume those patches would be the areas that started out as dirt spots in the first place?

Indeed.

Are there any dead spots in new leaf where normal trees just don't grow? I remember being driven nuts in past games trying to make forests and having giant empty patches because of them :(

Not really. There is such a thing as too much things planted though. You have to spread the trees out. If they are concentrated in one area too much, they create dead areas in that section. You can make a forest but clear a patch in the middle or something. It should work out just fine then.

Thanks for the reply.

I will have patterned paths but I don't like limiting my guests to having to use the paths only. Hopefully the grass wear is so slow that I won't notice it.

You'll notice it. It's slow, but it's noticeable when it's missing.

I have a question, how do you expect to defend yourself from the zombie apocalypse with just those?

Going by the RE movies, Japan gets destroyed by bombs.

Haha, they're almost the thickness of a phone book lmao! I wouldn't know where to start!

Haha, they're almost the thickness of a phone book lmao! I wouldn't know where to start!

A lot of Japanese video game guides are. It's really interesting to go into a Japanese book store and see them. I saw a strategy guide in a used book store the other day for Final Fantasy VI (the old SNES Final Fantasy III). It was more than 3x the size of the old US Nintendo Power version. I flipped through it and it had a lot of pictures and transcripts of text characters say and so on in addition to regular old secrets and strategy.

A lot of Japanese video game guides are. It's really interesting to go into a Japanese book store and see them. I saw a strategy guide in a used book store the other day for Final Fantasy VI (the old SNES Final Fantasy III). It was more than 3x the size of the old US Nintendo Power version. I flipped through it and it had a lot of pictures and transcripts of text characters say and so on in addition to regular old secrets and strategy.

Hmph.. When I get my English guide, it'll be interesting to compare them! Wonder what we're missing? xD

Since The game was released today, I would just like to say that it has been a pleasure helping out with the preliminary knowledge base for this game here and everywhere else.

Enjoy the game everyone and see y'all online :)

Since The game was released today, I would just like to say that it has been a pleasure helping out with the preliminary knowledge base for this game here and everywhere else.

Thanks for all the help, Zen! This thread's been a big help for me since I joined this forum. :)

Thank you, it was a joy to read :)

Back