• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Is anyone else NOT preparing for the update?

cococay

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Yellow Candy
I’m wondering if it’s just me, but it seems like almost everyone is flattening, restarting, or simply remodeling certain areas of their island to make room for all of the new content that’s coming. Personally, I have decided to not change a single thing on my island until the update is released. I just don’t see how I can make changes to something I’ve put so much work into, especially without knowing exactly all the items we’re getting! I much prefer to wait and check out everything that will be unlocked and then once I can see it all, then I’ll come up with a remodel plan to make the crops and new items fit on my island and within my theme. :)

So I’m curious…is anyone NOT doing any island prep like me, and waiting until everything is released first? Or am I really an outcast!? Lol

i'm not. the only thing i'm worried about is the crops, but i have a pre-existing rose-breeding garden set aside that i can clear out and repurpose for those. i also plan to put a windmill in this one place, but that's it. i'm not changing my island in any significant way, even after the update. i'm not big on terraforming lmao, i've had pretty much the same exact island layout since i started the game. i do have some ideas -- i.e. scattering gyroid fragments around, putting the boat on the beach somewhere, recoloring the picket fence around my house etc. and do want to potentially redesign my main room with the rococo set, but. none of that's going to happen pre-update and probably not for a little while after it either since decorating really isn't a priority for me.

I've made a space for crops to go since you kinda need to grow them if you want access to the new food diys.

Otherwise I'm not doing anything until I get the items I might want to put down and know where I would want to put them

I’m not. I want to see what more of the items are before I start planning to add or change anything. I have no ideas yet anyways so it would be a huge help to see what items there are first.

I'm not doing anything in preparation for the update. October is my favorite month of the year and Halloween is my favorite day of the year, so I'm enjoying the month and have been taking in as many horror movies as I'm able to this month, as I do every year. The only reason I'm touching the game at the moment at all is because of the Halloween event here on the forums, and I'm hoping to wrap up what I'm doing for that today. My island has been in a work-in-progress mode even before this update was announced because I've been planning to move stuff around anyway and do some terraforming, so I'll just get to that stuff when the update drops. It will be here soon enough and for my own reasons I'm glad that it's not out until November 5th.

I've been grinding Nook Miles like crazy. I hadn't even bought some of the recipes on there,. so there being even more stuff to spend on is dangerous territory especially if I want to hunt for Sasha, Petri, and Shino. Marlo and Cephalobot will be easy.

I have one spot on my island that every design I have tried there has failed, so I'm planning on that being the farm as it's currently just my turnip and excess flower dump. I hate to sell all these flowers then need the certain colors later, but they take up too much space and are hard to decorate with when they breed like crazy.

I want to say I am but not in a big way. I already tore down my island a few weeks before the Direct and as I'm designing my island again I just save some space for the veggies. This is actually easier because I'm not having to decorate that space and tore it again for the new crops.

I believe the majority of people are going to be making space if they want to plant the new crops come Nov 5th.

Me. I'm super excited about it! But doing zero prep. I'll see it when I see it. :) I like going slow, prevents burnout, obsession and makes the game last longer.

I'm not doing anything. I want to check out the returning NPCs the first day, but I'm also not going to rush to do a ton or designing our redesigning immediately because I believe this is the last update and I want to savor it.

Last edited:
I considered it, but I‘m not doing any preparations like flattening my island before the update. I do intend to change stuff up, but when the update drops I’ll likely try to implement the new items into my current island and see how I feel about it before I do any drastic changes. Flattening my island and starting fresh sure is tempting though!

Well I already somewhat prepared for the update. Made some new gardens for the new crops and also made a gyroid garden. Other than that I haven't done anything else. I don't have to worry about terraforming my island since I am smart to know on the 2nd island there is more space I can take advantage of and I saved a lot of bells and nook miles for all the new items. So I am all set to go with this update.

I've been gathering wood and de weeding on my new island today, so uh...yeah lol.

im not really, i mean, the only thing im preparing or adjusting is my community farming area, cause i had a beautiful small pumpkins area but now since we are getting more vegs for a fanct i am just merging this two areas so i have potentially more space. But thats the only thing i have done

I'm not. I'd like to have a garden, but I have nowhere to put one. Just going with the flow.

I made the one terraforming change I’d previously considered before running out of bridges and inclines ahead of time, and am pretty happy with my second waterfall now all told. (Might fuss a bit with incline placement, but that’ll be more like turning a horizontal one to a vertical or moving an old one a bit to the right.) That’s about it - we still don’t know for sure how many crops we’re getting or what crops we’ll want the most of, so I don’t want to expand my garden area and end up misjudging the size. And I also never stopped playing - I have somewhere around 450,000 Nook Miles. Might do a few more dailies than I otherwise would have, but I’m in good shape for whatever they’re adding.

The one ‘preparing’ I’m doing on my island is actually NOT doing something I otherwise would have - I have as many duplicate pieces of art in storage as I’m still missing in the museum, but I want to hold off on trading or selling for the last few things until after the update’s out and we know how much it’ll cost to get the market on Harvey’s Island up and running. Maybe Redd will bring me that solemn painting I’ve been waiting for since New Leaf.

Outside of the game, I am way more active here and working on filling in those gaps in my Amiibo collection to ramp up for the DLC and Series 5, though - I’d been sort of vaguely motivated to do that before the announcement, but with Series 5 coming it’s a good reason to get back on the trading circuit.

I haven't done much myself.

Only moved some villager houses to make space for the new crops, since there's not an inch of my island that is not occupied by something; I haven't even bothered to make a farm yet.

I already have a lot of bells and nook mile points from before and thats what's important to me since there are many new items and such.

One thing I want to do right before the update is make sure I kick out a villager to make space for one of the new villagers.

Back