• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Is Slut Shaming Okay?

Yeah nobody should be shamed for being sexual like what is this the 1800s

I'm so sick of people acting like sex is some elusive secretive thing that never happens and should never be talked about

I don't think very highly of people who dress to show as much skin as possible, but I'm not offended by them.

Last edited:
I would be lying if I said I've never judged someone on their appearance. I think anyone would be. It's in our nature as humans to judge others and to make assumptions and try to work out what sort of people we are interacting with and facing each day. But of course there's a difference between having an opinion on how someone looks and keeping it to yourself and respecting the fact that it's their own choice on how they choose to look... AND then there's having a judgmental opinion and not allowing your opinion to be swayed by the idea that people are allowed to do what they want, and TELLING people that they are "slutty" for choosing to wear very little clothes.

It's not okay! Sometimes I feel self-conscious for going out wearing short shorts in the summer for fearing people will judge me and think I'm revealing too much skin. It's kind of just this ingrained concept that people have... People who wear very little clothes = slutty, disgusting, ew, must have lots of sex that's totally awful. This mostly goes towards females as usually men are praised for having lots of sex but I'm not saying there aren't a lot of nasty stereotypes against men.

When actually some people choose to wear more revealing clothes because they feel like they look good in it and it makes them happy and not because they have a lot of sex. People can be so judgmental and they feel as though they can take a look at someone and instantly know everything about them, which is wrong. You should never judge a book by its cover. And even so, it's that persons choice. Even if you dislike what they're wearing and YOU wouldn't wear it yourself, who cares? As long as you wear what makes you happy and makes you feel comfortable then it doesn't matter what other people are doing, really.

all i will say is that everyone is free to think what they want , but that doesn't mean you need to say things aloud.

lol no never.
people should be able to do what they want as long as they are not hurting others.

As long as they're single and aren't negatively hurting anyone, who cares how many people they sleep with?

I don't think shaming anybody is alright. They might need help in some way and shaming is not the answer. If you shame others you are only going to get the shame right back. :/
They choose what they do with their lives and people who even think of shaming them should think again and mind their own business. I consider doing things like that as a little nosy. :(
Also it is not very nice. Even if they weren't nice to you or something, you shouldn't let them down in any way. Just be strong and resist any fights. But this is just my opinion.

When is shaming anyone okay? What ever happened to minding your own business and keeping your mouth shut?

^
I'm completely against it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah nobody should be shamed for being sexual like what is this the 1800s

I'm so sick of people acting like sex is some elusive secretive thing that never happens and should never be talked about

I also second this

Last edited:
whats so wrong about having lots of great sex?

Well, the possibility of STIs is one reason. Looking at statistics, people who sleep with more people are more likely to get STIs. Obviously if you do it safely, then go for it. And, of course, if you are having sex for ulterior motives (like revenge or all that teenage drama) it's likely that it can be settled a different way.

I'm confused as to how wearing less clothing equates to not using proper protection.

If you're referring to me I'm not sure what you're talking about. Are you trying to say that all people that like to have sex are more promiscuous in their attire? That's quite stereotypical and it sounds like you're trying to pull the ol' strawman argument over here.

I think he was just wondering how this discussion went from talking about clothes to talking about sex.

I too can look up fallacies and try to look smart.

I too can also stray from the topic, which was my point that you read far too deeply into.

The majority of discussion on this thread has been about clothing.

Last edited:
I too can look up fallacies and try to look smart.

I too can also stray from the topic, which was my point that you read far too deeply into.

Okay, I'm still confused as to what you're trying to say. Were you just making a statement in the thread or were you trying to argue something I said?

People can do what they want with their lives, but at the same time what youre talking about is complicated. its kinda like nowadays ppl are saying that the word "fat" shouldn't be negative etc etc. Honestly you're mom prob wants you to do more with you're life then be a piece of meat or be worried about guys so maybe that's where she's getting at...she is your mom after all. Not everybody has to like everybody's behavior...being promiscuous is a choice haha. I have no probs with people into that personally and do not judge but if I had a daughter I prob wouldnt want her thinking about sex 24/7 tbh

Last edited:
Back