• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Is this Alternate Method of getting Snowboy Diys true?

iamjohnporter67

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Okay so I was told that if you wanted to get Snowboy Diy cards in your pockets you need to make a new user who does not have the DIY App on their phone. Has anyone tested this out because I am finding no information or any video evidence of this working. They were claiming that they tried this method out themselves and it worked fine today but when I tried it myself it doesn't seem to work. So I need to know does this alternate method work or does it not?

I thought the player could learn DIYs without the app. In the beginning of the game, the player should be making things like the flimsy axe without the app. Sounds more like a theory. Since it didn't work for you, it's probably safe to say the theory doesn't hold true.

Where did you read this info?

I personally have never heard of this method. Where did you get this from? I was under the impression that once you got the nookphone, the DIY app was already on it. (Its been a long time since ive played the start of the game so im probably wrong on that part where the app was already there) I assume if it really did work, there would be videos coming out about it. I believe the only way you can get them is through the app itself.

I thought the player could learn DIYs without the app. In the beginning of the game, the player should be making things like the flimsy axe without the app. Sounds more like a theory. Since it didn't work for you, it's probably safe to say the theory doesn't hold true.

I got this from talking to a Nookazon Mod when I was asking them about this and they told me this " No, the DIYs are not hacked and are tradeable on Nookazon." Then after that they said " As I stated earlier, you cannot get the DIY card in the mail if you have the DIY app on your phone, which you receive after completing the DIY workshop." So....I am not sure who is tell the truth here....
Post automatically merged:

I personally have never heard of this method. Where did you get this from? I was under the impression that once you got the nookphone, the DIY app was already on it. I assume if it really did work, there would be videos coming out about it. I believe the only way you can get them is through the app itself.
A Nookzaon moderator told me about this when I asked them on discord and when I kept telling them that this mehtod doesn't work they said this " Yes, I understand that; however, as was stated in our conversation on Discord, I myself tried this method today and was able to receive the DIY in card form."

I got this from talking to a Nookazon Mod when I was asking them about this and they told me this " No, the DIYs are not hacked and are tradeable on Nookazon." Then after that they said " As I stated earlier, you cannot get the DIY card in the mail if you have the DIY app on your phone, which you receive after completing the DIY workshop." So....I am not sure who is tell the truth here....
Oh! I stand corrected! well, Nookazon is known for dishonest players, I've experienced a few. Unless hacked, I think they're non-tradeable/cant get the recipes in your pockets.

Unless hacked, I think they're non-tradeable/cant get the recipes in your pockets.
Yeah, unless the previous method is completed - however, I don’t think most people have to time to go through this process and even if Nookazon mods claim this, they can’t confirm that the diys are achieved using this method. I’m going to go ahead and say that most of them are either nonexistent/scams or hacked.

Oh! I stand corrected! well, Nookazon is known for dishonest players, I've experienced a few. Unless hacked, I think they're non-tradeable/cant get the recipes in your pockets.
Hmm very interesting. Whats funny is that they told me they knew about this since June 2020 and they told all the moderators and staff on Nookazon that they all tested this and they claim that it worked.

I can try it out later. I’ve been thinking about creating another character anyways. It might work because I know the nook phone doesn’t come with the diy app, and you don’t get it installed until you talk to Nook and go through the diy workshop.

never mind, I won’t try it because you said it didn’t work for you and I don’t have the patience to make another character right now.

Last edited:
I've never heard of this method before and find it kinda strange that apparently only the Nookazon staff (or one of them who told the others) knows about it but nobody else found it before. Normally, something like this gets discovered and spread around pretty quick. I mean, if it works then cool, if not then I guess that moderator was not so honest to you there (or perhaps didn't explain the whole way of how to obtain them, Idk).

I've never heard of this method before and find it kinda strange that apparently only the Nookazon staff (or one of them who told the others) knows about it but nobody else found it before. Normally, something like this gets discovered and spread around pretty quick. I mean, if it works then cool, if not then I guess that moderator was not so honest to you there (or perhaps didn't explain the whole way of how to obtain them, Idk).
They are wrong because I used all of my users to speak to the snowboy and one of them didn’t have the diy app so I had to go through the workshop process to finally be able to receive a diy but it went straight to the nook phone as I would have expected. Idk something wrong here because if they are right the snowboy would of just given me the diy and I could learn it later when I got the app.

you can’t learn diys without the app. If you click on the recipe in your pocket before going through the workshop and getting the app it says something like “this is a diy recipe. I wonder how I can memorize it?” And the recipe stays in your pocket

They are wrong because I used all of my users to speak to the snowboy and one of them didn’t have the diy app so I had to go through the workshop process to finally be able to receive a diy but it went straight to the nook phone as I would have expected. Idk something wrong here because if they are right the snowboy would of just given me the diy and I could learn it later when I got the app.
I knew something was weird about this, like such a trick would have been discovered already if it would have worked. I guess they got them via a not so legit way and lied to you about this point. Not sure if it helps if you talk to them again and telling them that it doesn't work? Would be interesting to see what they say about it.

I knew something was weird about this, like such a trick would have been discovered already if it would have worked. I guess they got them via a not so legit way and lied to you about this point. Not sure if it helps if you talk to them again and telling them that it doesn't work? Would be interesting to see what they say about it.
I spoke to the mod just now and they said this " I've already explained the process as I completed it yesterday. The resident without the app built the Snowboy (it was a perfect Snowboy), they spoke to them and were told the DIY would be mailed. I time traveled to the next day and received a Frozen DIY card in the mail. This resident is not going to complete the DIY workshop with Tom Nook in order to receive more DIYs so I may resell them later."

I spoke to the mod just now and they said this " I've already explained the process as I completed it yesterday. The resident without the app built the Snowboy (it was a perfect Snowboy), they spoke to them and were told the DIY would be mailed. I time traveled to the next day and received a Frozen DIY card in the mail. This resident is not going to complete the DIY workshop with Tom Nook in order to receive more DIYs so I may resell them later."
this made me curious again, so I did it. I made a new character and they made a perfect Snowboy. The Snowboy only gave me a large snowflake though. He said I didn't have the diy app so couldn't get a recipe just like what happened in your experience.
Post automatically merged:

I didn't place my tent down before making the snowboy, maybe that made it not work? I can try building it again tomorrow after I placed my tent.

Last edited:
So I talked to the moderator myself and this is what they said will let these screenshots explain for itself:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    156.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Capture 2.PNG
    Capture 2.PNG
    167.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Capture 3.PNG
    Capture 3.PNG
    134.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Capture 4.PNG
    Capture 4.PNG
    372.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Capture 5.PNG
    Capture 5.PNG
    402.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Capture 6.PNG
    Capture 6.PNG
    224.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Capture 7.PNG
    Capture 7.PNG
    197.4 KB · Views: 40
Okay, I tried this out myself and... It worked! I created a new character, placed their tent, searched for the snowballs, made a perfect Snowboy and talked to him. He said that because I never built anything before (and therefore also not having the DIY app), he will send me a DIY for a special item and that I should check out Nook's DIY workshop at the RS. He also gave me a large snowflake. I saved the game and time traveled a day forward, I got in fact mail from Snowboy with a Frozen counter DIY in it.

In this case, I'm gonna take back what I said before, but I'm still surprised that nobody discovered this yet besides that Nookazon mod.

So I talked to the moderator myself and this is what they said will let these screenshots explain for itself:
Judging by that string of messages, here's how to get recipe card copies of Frozen DIYs:
1. Make a new profile on your Switch, then add that character to the game.
2. Place the tent for your new character.
3. Wait until the next day, then have that new character make the Snowboy.
4. Since you haven't gotten the DIY app from Nook, the Snowboy will send you the recipe card in the mail.

It does NOT work if
1. Your new character has the phone or DIY app
2. Your new character is NOT the one that made the Snowboy

@Foreverfox FYI on above :)

Last edited:
Okay, I tried this out myself and... It worked! I created a new character, placed their tent, searched for the snowballs, made a perfect Snowboy and talked to him. He said that because I never built anything before (and therefore also not having the DIY app), he will send me a DIY for a special item and that I should check out Nook's DIY workshop at the RS. He also gave me a large snowflake. I saved the game and time traveled a day forward, I got in fact mail from Snowboy with a Frozen counter DIY in it.

In this case, I'm gonna take back what I said before, but I'm still surprised that nobody discovered this yet besides that Nookazon mod.

I mention this waaay back in October that it may have been possible but I didn't test it. There's another user that tested it and it didn't work for them but maybe they didn't set down a tent or try to make the snowboy the same day they made the character like @tajikey said.

I mention this waaay back in October that it may have been possible but I didn't test it. There's another user that tested it and it didn't work for them but maybe they didn't set down a tent or try to make the snowboy the same day they made the character like @tajikey said.
Oh, okay, I didn't know that this was already a topic back then. After all, it's nice to know that there is another way to obtain these DIYs as actual recipe cards.

Back