• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Item Hoarding

insaneluzer

Nooklings Shopaholic
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Orange (Fruit)
Pokéball
Pear (Fruit)
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Cake
Does anybody else have as much of a problem with hoarding items as I do? My town plaza is completely LITTERED with items I just dump there all the time because I've run out of storage space. :( My house is about to become a museum of rare items and customized furniture because my storage is full and I can't bear to sell any of these items. Then, what's left for my items, I guess I just have to sell because I don't want to waste anymore space in my town making a second mule character. :( I don't even care about the bells I'm about to make, I just want to keep all my items!!!!!!

I don't put things on the ground in my town, but all of my closet space is filled.
I don't even remember filling the thing up too. I can never bring myself to sell any of it, so my pockets are full 90% of the time, and that bothers me so much.

Hoarders: ACNL Edition XD

I kinda have this problem too! You can display stuff in the museum so that might help?

Yeah, that's true. I still have two more museum rooms I can purchase. I have so many items, those will be filled up in no time, too. XD I purchase all of the items just to catalogue them, but then once I have them I think "I may want to use this later and why should I have to re-order it? Such a waste of bells!" D: I'm pretty good on bells thanks to this, but not so good on having a clean, litter-free town '>_>

My locker is full, my museum is full of fireworks, my house is a fire hazard and some of my shop's stock is outside, any item I really like or things that can be collected on a daily basis or very rare I will even get spares. Lets just hope some guy with a sparkler doesn't end up runni---

Last edited:
I hoard music boxes. It's a bit ridiculous, as I have two on my main room table, a random one on the floor, one on my east-room floor, and at least two sitting in the museum. And another one getting made by Cyrus at this moment. XD
EDIT: It was three in the museum. So now I have eight music boxes. And I only use a few of them.

Last edited:
i used to have a problem with this but now i make a habit of going through my closet and selling/throwing away everything i can just reorder from catalog when i need it

Yeah, that's true. I still have two more museum rooms I can purchase. I have so many items, those will be filled up in no time, too. XD I purchase all of the items just to catalogue them, but then once I have them I think "I may want to use this later and why should I have to re-order it? Such a waste of bells!" D: I'm pretty good on bells thanks to this, but not so good on having a clean, litter-free town '>_>

Haha, Insane! You've got to cut down on keeping items that you can easily re-obtain! The 2x rooms @ the Museum will help but draw the line, & start selling/gifting before you'll feel the need to bury some of your possessions! =)

I have a problem with hoarding clothing and shoes....

Ooohh, can I also assume that this mirrors your personal behavior out of New Leaf? =)

I have two museum rooms filled with the items from my shop on here, on top of all the stuff in my storage. I also seem to have been hoarding bushes, mainly because I just kept buying them and never got around to planting them (partly because Bam's house is slightly in the way, partly laziness).

i hoard all of the clothing and furniture and almost everything. and when i finally decide to actually start cleaning out the drawers and everything to get more room, i can't push myself to actually get rid of anything.

I sell a lot of my furniture that I can reorder. I'll buy something from Nooklings and sell it right back to them just so I have it catalogued if it's cool~
I'm currently hoarding clothing for the fashion checks. As soon as I can get them done, I'm selling all of it to Retail :B

Yeah, I'm a little bit of a hoarder.
I've started selling off re-orderable items which I don't immediately need, but my brain can't help but think "Oh, this might look good in the back room once I've expanded my house" or "I think this whole outfit might look cute" whenever I see something I vaguely like.

Yeah, I'm having a ton of trouble with space. My storage is full, I have stuff ALL over my town, not just by my train station anymore. My mail storage is almost full (attaching items to all my letters). I have two museum rooms dedicated to gyroids only.
I really don't want to have to fill up my town with secondary characters' houses (I already have one, but don't want more), but it looks like I'm going to have to in order to keep all of the stuff I want to keep. It's really annoying.

I have to go through my cupboards every so often. They just get crammed full of things I think I might use, and then never do. If it's not re-orderable, I'll hold onto it (usually; I don't keep Balloon stuff, or most of the fortune cookie items). I basically try to do what I do in real life. If I *think* I might use it, I set it aside for a bit. If it's still not being used by then, off to Re-Tails it goes!

Yeah, I'm having a ton of trouble with space. My storage is full, I have stuff ALL over my town, not just by my train station anymore. My mail storage is almost full (attaching items to all my letters). I have two museum rooms dedicated to gyroids only.
I really don't want to have to fill up my town with secondary characters' houses (I already have one, but don't want more), but it looks like I'm going to have to in order to keep all of the stuff I want to keep. It's really annoying.

I was going to make a post, but you literally took the words out of my mouth :eek:
I have all the same problems, minus the gyroid thing XD

I used to save every unorderable item but I finally sold everything I wasn't going to actually use. I can't see the point in filling up all my extra space and closets for items I won't use just because I can't order them in the future...I don't bother trying to sell anything on here anymore because every time I list something my thread gets zero responses and ends up on page 20 by the end of the day. I like my space and I can easily hoard things though...especially clothes because I like to change my main character every few days and there are way too many unorderable clothes I want...so I just picked a few favorites and sold the rest to Reese.

I tend to hoard stuff that I'm hoping to use/display later on. But I also hoard clothes because, like pretty much everyone else who has said it, Gracie does her checks and you never know what theme she's going to want.

I swear, I should just sell everything and keep one specific outfit for any theme she does. I think about doing that, but then I end up wondering if I'll want to wear it later on, even when I don't have the pressure of passing fashion checks looming over me.

I guess I could just re-order it, so I really should get over myself.

I tried putting stuff on the beach but Isabelle chewed me out about that. All four museum rooms are full of clothes because I've only completed one of Gracie's tests. All items should be able to be re-purchased once acquired. Who can keep all of Sahara's or Gullivers things? I might need one day. Or so I tell myself.

Back