• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Item Hoarding

I'm trying so hard not to keep all the items I'm keeping, but my drawers get more full everyday! I don't want to throw anything away or give any of it away cause I feel like I may need it later.
The top floor of my house is all clothes. That's it. And I still have more clothes in my drawers. I'm too lazy to put anything in the lockers or museum, but I haven't needed to do so yet. I figure I will need to soon xD

I try to store every unorderable in the game and sell them when the time is right. I dont hoard orderables unless i plan them for being in my house.

I'm such a hoarder it's ridiculous. My storage is full up, I've got random tools and paper all over my house because I needed inventory space for turnips, my two mules have so many ores, saplings and random nintendo items in their inventories and all of my museum rooms are basically filled :/

I had a space and storage problem until I passed all of Gracie's fashion checks, and then I sold all the clothes. What a great feeling! I don't hoard. Items I don't like, I sell or give away, it doesn't matter if they're re-orderable or not. If I don't like it, I see no reason to keep it around. I only wish I could hoard villagers. Heh.

I have this problem myself. My house is having an identity crisis right not. I have no idea what I'm doing with it yet. My basement is full with full baskets of my perfect fruit... And I have ores scattered around in two rooms... My barista items are in another room. Now I've started using wrapping paper just to store the stuff my last room made for the time being till I'm ready to use the items. My storage unit is completely full... Not about to make my final back room yet. If anything my top floor needs more space or even my left or right rooms. I had to expand my basement just to store my perfect fruit baskets till I was ready to sell them. :p To that, I say: my god!

I am the same way. For about 2 weeks my town was completely covered in items. I couldnt bring myself to sell any of them and I definitely wasnt gonna sell all the rare items i obtained. Having several chars really helps. I gave some to my mayor and then I expanded my other chars homes so they could have furniture sets as well. Now my town is spotless! Well, except for the beach.

Yeah, another thing I haven't done yet is expand my mule character's house. He's still living in a one-room. XD

I was like that, but I've become less so. I thought about it and realized it's not worth hoarding catalog re-orderable items that you aren't using. You can always order it from the catalog later if you realize you want it.

I definitely hoard all of the non-orderables though. I actually made a character whose sole purpose in life is to hold all of my non-orderables in his locker, so they don't take up space in my mayor's locker. :p

No I'm the opposite. Unless it's unorderable stuff I get rid of it post-haste. I don't like clutter :l

How do you hoarders deal with all the stuff? xD It drives me crazy.

Last edited:
other characters' lockers; are enough expansion for my storage...

Last edited:
I um and ah about my items for a bit until I get sick of having full storage and sell them haha

Story of my life. XD Have so many items on the beach and on the plaza. Because all the turnips in my closet, got no room for other items. I do have a second character that I use for holding patterns and item storage, but since I still have items for my grab bag auctions... can't add more until that's over. Gah... I'll be happy when I can have a clean town again. :D

I used to have a huge problem with this, especially with clothes cause I always liked everything in the shop and "needed" all of it ^^; I ran out of space in storage very quickly and my house was a huge mess. Ive now sold most of the stuff but continue buying though I mostly sell back now, unless it can't be catalogued.

I run a big shop over at the retail forum so all 4 museum rooms and 2 extra characters are full to the brim with stuff for sale. (furniture sets,DLC,pascal,villager pics, ect)

Honestly, the mail box storage helps immensely. It's clunky to use but it's basically a whole nother storage box. And if an item is reorderable and you're not using it, just toss it! Most items are super cheap to reorder anyways.

Back