• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Items You Despise

Interestingly enough, there is a theory claiming Gyroids to be of a human origin. In the original Animal Crossing, players would wake up to find their faces strongly resembling a Gyroid if they had not been on the game for a long time. The only reason I'm bringing this up, is because you may have just insulted your own species.

Even creepier? The gyroids look remarkably like some ancient Japanese burial items called HANIWA. Haniwa were created to be buried with the dead. If the gyroids are, in fact, Haniwa, their appearance after rain suggests that the soil is eroding under the rain, and ancient graves are slowly becoming exposed. And you're digging them up.

I'm wondering how many people this will freak out further, and how many will decide this is actially kind of cool. For me, it means that the eventual Dalek section of my Dr. Who themed town will be riddled with gyroids.

Here's a pic of actual Haniwa. The forms of these pieces of burial art changed over generations, but many of the early ones look roughly like the ones at this link: http://huntington.wmc.ohio-state.ed...showThisDetail&ObjectID=30017962&detail=large

Last edited:
The Belgian Gulliver item for reasons I'm sure most people can guess...

And the Princess Series and Princess Dress/Shirt. My favorite top in Wild World was the Princess one and then in City Folk, they went and changed the adorable top (which was pink) to match the new set... To this day, I'm not sure why they decided to take a top that already existed and change it to match something new over just making the new set match the existing shirt... It just sucks as I really like the style of it, but don't care for the color at all and had to lose my favorite shirt because of it :/

Balloon series is hideous. The theremin drives me nuts. The gold series is too bright. Most of the shirts in able sisters. Kicks shoes as there are barely nice ones.

Kicks ALWAYS has the same shoes for me, and the ones that are there look like poop. -.-

I'm with everyone on the balloon furniture, and I only collected the boring billiard tees because I was a fanatic about having each number. XD

Robo, Modern, Patchwork, Sleek, Balloon, Golden, Kiddie, Lovely, Minimalist, Mario, Green and Blue Series, Polka dot, Princess, Stripe...basically almost all of furniture sets. The regal wall and floor are disgusting too.

The theremin is annoying also, and most of the basic outfits are ugly as heck.

I hate gyroids & balloon furniture. I love rain IRL, but in AC, I hate it. It means there will be gyroids to dig up the next day. I also hate that the balloons no longer have regular furniture, just the balloon furniture. I sure wish Nintendo would have had the balloons have regular furniture in them and only rarely had a piece of the balloon set, that would have made the balloon furniture more special rather than hated by most people. I too don't like the #ball shirts.

Back