• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Jock or Not?

Jock or Not?

• Skip the Jock! Get your Dreamie :D

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Get the Jock PWPs! They're awesome XD

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fauna_Friend

The Secret Witch <3
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Winter Mittens
My original plan for my town was to get a jock before I got my tenth (and last) Dreamie...aka Bianca. This was so I could get all the Jock PWP for my town...but now I'm reconsidering...

Should I just go for Bianca instead? Are the Jock PWP's worth it? Do you use any of the Jock PWP?

(Btw, PWP stands for Public Works Projects for those of you who do not already know :p)

Edit: Any advice for obtaining the PWPs quickly from a specific villager?

Last edited:
I use the instrument shelter, fire pit, and video screen which are all obtained from jock villagers. I think having a jock villager, at least temporarily, is essential for any modern themed town. They also provide a lot of very simple public works projects like the aforementioned instrument shelter and fire pit.

Since you don't have a jock in your town so far, I'd go for it! A lot of people dislike the personality type but I think they're pretty funny and derpy x). I have 3 jock villagers in my town, haha.

Bianca can wait. I can't say whether the jock Public Works Projects are worth it because your tastes are bound to differ from mine. That said, it's better to get all of the Public Works Projects in case you ever decide you want to build one down the line. I've disliked certain PWPs in the past but then grew to like them later. It's a better idea than getting Bianca now and then having to force a dream villager out because you found out you really want a certain Public Works Project.

Bianca can wait. I can't say whether the jock Public Works Projects are worth it because your tastes are bound to differ from mine. That said, it's better to get all of the Public Works Projects in case you ever decide you want to build one down the line. I've disliked certain PWPs in the past but then grew to like them later. It's a better idea than getting Bianca now and then having to force a dream villager out because you found out you really want a certain Public Works Project.

Ooooh very valid point!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I use the instrument shelter, fire pit, and video screen which are all obtained from jock villagers. I think having a jock villager, at least temporarily, is essential for any modern themed town. They also provide a lot of very simple public works projects like the aforementioned instrument shelter and fire pit.

Since you don't have a jock in your town so far, I'd go for it! A lot of people dislike the personality type but I think they're pretty funny and derpy x). I have 3 jock villagers in my town, haha.

I totally forgot about the FirePit! I may actually want to get that...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I only have one because Rudy is so cute.
I domt don't care for heir pwps really

I can't seem to really find a Jock Villager that I like :/

Honestly, if you intend to force the jock villager out afterward to make room for Bianca, you don't need to like them.

I think you should get a jock first. It's better to get all the jock PWPs now than to move in a dreamie then regret not getting the jock PWPs because there might be one you really like.

As far as your question about getting PWPs from specific villagers, here is the best method.

Fill your pockets with flowers or bells, or just anything that the villagers can't try to buy off of you. Put on a wetsuit and dive into the ocean. Sit there for a few minutes, maybe 5 or so, then get out and walk back into town. Because you have a full inventory and there's nothing they can buy from you or space to sell something to you, it limits their dialogue options.

To target a specific villager to suggest Public Works Projects, dig holes around them and box them in so they can't escape. That way you will know exactly where they are and can approach them. If some other villager pings, don't talk to them and ignore them until they stop trying to talk to you. Return to the ocean, but first you may want to talk to a random villager. If you are idle too long, the first thing villagers will want to tell you is that you should take a break and turn off the game.

Rinse and repeat until you get a PWP suggestion from your desired villager. You can only get one suggestion per day.

I did this for Fuchsia to get all of the Uchi Public Works Projects and intend to get her out soon to make room for Stitches.

Thanks everyone :D

Advice on getting the PWPs quick? Just do all the things to befriend them quick I guess?

I'd definitely go for the Jock first, the fire pit is very nice with the campsite in my opinion :)

The only thing is if you have 9 dreamies your 10th/last villager is VERY hard to get out. Much harder then any other; they barely ever request to move. So if you go for the jock atleast pick one you don't hate too much because you might be stuck with them for a little while. X3

Thanks Zombie! I shall use this method >:D

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd definitely go for the Jock first, the fire pit is very nice with the campsite in my opinion :)

The only thing is if you have 9 dreamies your 10th/last villager is VERY hard to get out. Much harder then any other; they barely ever request to move. So if you go for the jock atleast pick one you don't hate too much because you might be stuck with them for a little while. X3

Haha been there done that XD Stitches randomly showed up in my town as my tenth villager and parked his house DIRECTLY in front of mine >~< ugh

i'm probably the same as you, although i currently have a jock i'm not really feeling him and i'd love to have another normal sigh. if only i hadn't accidentally voided the two jocks i like, rudy and genji

Last edited:
i'm probably the same as you, although i currently have a jock i'm not really feeling him and i'd love to have another normal sigh. if only i hadn't accidentally voided the two jocks i like, rudy and genji

Awe :( hate it when something like that messes up ><

- - - Post Merge - - -

Anyone know of any Tier 5 Jocks I can grab for free? Or low priced ones?

Last edited:
One good thing about ACNL is that there is no end. You can do whatever, whenever, with no time limit. So, I think that getting a jock, at least for a little while, is a pretty good idea. You may be glad that you got their PWPs. I am currently using the instrument shelter and am planning on getting the fire pit for my fall-themed town. They're pretty interesting!

I suggest this to everyone, but I suggest getting Teddy - he's super cute. Not sure if he's easy to get, as he's a T5. But that's just my suggestion.

Additionally, in regards to getting PWP suggestions quickly, you should use the diving method - fill your pockets with money or flowers, swim out to the corner of the ocean in your town, wait there for 8-20 minutes, come back, and you'll get a ping almost every time. It won't always be a PWP, but you'll get suggestions statistically faster this way.

I like the jock personality, they?re pretty funny and positive.The PWPs they suggest are great, such as the instrument shelter and fire pit, and others that would be good for a modern town.
After you got the PWPs you can always say goodbye to your jock villager.

Back