• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

JPN/SK ACNL Software Update (Coming March 18th)

JCnator

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4227-4179-8894
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Poptart Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Cake
So, I happen to stumble onto a recent article from a reliable Japanese website, and it seems that Nintendo will soon issue an update for Animal Crossing: New Leaf on eShop. The topic is mostly concerning for Japanese ACNL players (or those who imported a JPN 3DS and the game).

The update will not only improve the game's stability, but also fixes glitches and errors that Japanese players are (or could be) experiencing since the game's launch day.

You'd easily imagine why I'm happy to hear this, considering the ungodly amount of crashes I went through. No more worrying about them while I'm playing it.

Source (Japanese): http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2013/03/05/64447.html

EDIT: Korea will also receive the update.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this fixes the random bouts of saved data corrupting, I will be very happy.

Yes, save data corruption can happen with all games, but it seems to be more common in AC:NL.

Last edited:
Well, this is really great news. :) Hopefully everything is fixed by the time of NA and EU releases, is it fixed in the Korean version?

I would really hate if the Update does more harm than good. I hear that a lot with games.

I'm VERY glad to see this. This means the rest of the regions getting the game won't be glitchy. Hopefully the patch will come built-in to the NA/EU/AUS versions.

I'm just happy that they are able to now update software. Nintendo has been a bit behind with that, although their games are usually more stable than most, so it hasn't been a huge issue before. Anyway, I'm happy that AC can get updated like this, especially as people find bugs and exploits that could break the game.

Although I don't own the JPN game, this is good news to hear for people who do. :)

But, 7/11 items and unorderable DLC would benefit from that glitch- I would love to own those things.

Then it would be unfair for us while those random Japanese players who visited 7/11 would become filthy rich. I'd be okay if we had our own exclusives though, but knowing Nintendo, Japan will probably get any of the stuff we get.

Then it would be unfair for us while those random Japanese players who visited 7/11 would become filthy rich.
And it'd be unfair to them if other countries got exclusives items and became rich off of those.
Bells are very easy to make NL. It'll be good to have some items be expensive and hard to obtain if the duping glitch gets fixed.

I'd give millions of bells for those 7-11 items, but if duping isn't fixed, then I'd only give like two.

Back