• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

JPN/SK ACNL Software Update (Coming March 18th)

I really hope item duplication is patched up so it can't happen.

As great as it is to get any item you want through duplication, that's not how the game is supposed to work. When the game is working in ways it isn't meant to, it's cheating in my opinion. Things that allow others to cheat should be fixed. If it were like a cheat code from the days of gaming when I was a kid, it'd be one thing, but it's a glitch, meaning it's not supposed to happen. Glitches usually happen due to misfires in game code (at least that's what I assume from what I've read over the years), and even a glitch that seems innocent have the possibility of causing issues with a game if that glitch is used over and over again.

I suddenly miss cheat codes. And I feel old. :| *sits in rocking chair* Don't mind the little old lady. She's talking about things she doesn't fully understand again.

It'll be nice if the other regions will have this fix already done by the time the game comes out elsewhere.

Awesome. By game stability, does this mean other than freezing, it will speed up loading?
Also, will it remove every glitch and hack in the game that we know of?

This is good though. It saves me from worrying about my game freezing, and constantly saving.

It probably won't remove every glitch in the game, but it will probably get rid of a large majority.

You'll probably have to go to the Eshop and download the update, if you can navigate it.
Maybe the game will prompt you to do it, but either way, I doubt it has the patch pre-installed.

Wow, that was quick. I wonder how many glitches and stability issues they ironed out this time. I may enjoy my crash-free JPN ACNL soon if they're actually fixed!

Wondering if NOA and NOE implemented that patch in their versions of ACNL...

Wow, that was quick. I wonder how many glitches and stability issues they ironed out this time. I may enjoy my crash-free JPN ACNL soon if they're actually fixed!

Wondering if NOA and NOE implemented that patch in their versions of ACNL...

Well, they've got 3 months. Should be time to get it in. If not, probably a day 1 update.

Yay! :D It'd be nice if they would specify what will be fixed.

Back