• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Likelihood of Getting AC 3DS XL Bundle in North America?

frenchgrapefruit

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
While I plan on getting the regular 3DS because quite frankly it's more portable, what do you guys think of the bundle coming to US shores? I'm not very familiar with Japanese release special edition bundles coming Stateside or even to Europe.

I dont know, i mean Europe got the Pikachu 3DS XL. Maybe NA will get the AC3DS XL

Sadly, I don't think so...
Those special edition things don't seem to be super popular in NA! I don't know why, but I feel like we never get the themed bundles or anything cool like that. I feel like it's definitely more popular in Japan and sells more copies there than it would here in NA.

Sadly, I don't think so...
Those special edition things don't seem to be super popular in NA! I don't know why, but I feel like we never get the themed bundles or anything cool like that. I feel like it's definitely more popular in Japan and sells more copies there than it would here in NA.

I wish they were! But I suppose maybe NOA feels as though special editions target certain audiences when they want to appeal to everyone? I'm just guessing. Regardless, I'll just be happy if the game comes by April!

I wish they were! But I suppose maybe NOA feels as though special editions target certain audiences when they want to appeal to everyone? I'm just guessing. Regardless, I'll just be happy if the game comes by April!

That's exactly it actually. I feel like the only type of special editions we get in NOA is to target the hardcore gamers... like with Halo and Xbox stuff.
Animal Crossing doesn't seem to be that huge here yet... :/

I have a feeling it'll be March! I don't know why... but that month is sticking out to me. No later than April.

I was hoping it would be, sinec I was planning on getting the XL, anyway, BUT, I found a delightful pale pink 3DS XL the other day, so it's now mine! (Or will be, when I unwrap it at Christmas. LOL It's a non-surprise gift from my hubby!)

I was hoping it would be, sinec I was planning on getting the XL, anyway, BUT, I found a delightful pale pink 3DS XL the other day, so it's now mine! (Or will be, when I unwrap it at Christmas. LOL It's a non-surprise gift from my hubby!)

All sorts of cool designs and NA receives white/pink

nintendo pls ;-;

Anyway, I doubt we'll see an AC themed XL coming to NA. Perhaps one redesign, but... ;-;

I dont see it happening, because were getting 3 limited 3DS's for christmas. and i dont know how long those are staying but its going to use alot of shelf space.

All sorts of cool designs and NA receives white/pink

nintendo pls ;-;

Anyway, I doubt we'll see an AC themed XL coming to NA. Perhaps one redesign, but... ;-;

Yeah, they do need more designs for people who are not obsessed with pink/purple like me :blush:

I really don't think it's likely to come to NA. Very rarely do we get the same bundles as Japan, for whatever reason..

I have a feeling it wont be released outside of Japan.
Reggie Fils-Aime also said White Nintendo handhelds don't sell well in North America:
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/18/why-we-didnt-get-a-white-3ds-xl
But then again, this is a special edition, and Europe did get the Pikachu 3DS XL as Jake said.

I do hope we get it, cause I'd certainly buy one!

Now just hold 'yer horses thar one minute.
I do know that NOA is getting the pink/white 3DS XL- but it is a limited edition.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ets-limited-edition-pink-nintendo-3ds-xl.aspx

Edit: Sorry Marimalade! Didn't see your post!

Ugh I want it so bad but to ship it and everything it'd be around 300$ :(

I don't know if this one is different from the one I got the other night, but Kmart has pink and white 3DS XLs. They're not advertising them, for whatever reason, but they're the same price as other 3DS XLs. No game with them, but still... if you're wanting a pink and white :) My store had about 12.

Back