• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

List of features for the town and avatar which are decided when starting the game.

Joe!

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
By request, I'm going to start creating a list of all the features of towns that are decided when you start the game. Please do let me know of any I have missed or I have done wrong.

Variables Chosen by the Game Automatically:
-Native Fruit
-Grass shape (e.g. squares or triangles)
-Placement of buildings and town tree
-Layout of the coast
-Layout and placement of rocks, ponds and the river
-Colour of interior of train station and town hall
-Villagers

Variables Chosen by the User:
-Face
-Hair and Clothing (can be changed later)

Last edited:
Rocks and the beach layout too!

I suppose which fruit you get on the island counts as well?

Aren't ponds and rocks part of the town layout? And for that matter the beaches and rivers and such are also bound to that one thing, rather than being independently determined.

Even though the layout of building and the lake are automatically chosen you still have three maps to choose from so your not just stuck with one map.

This is an editted list I came up with before.

River route
Tree/Re-tail/Town hall placements
Fruit - mostly to pick which perfect fruit you can grow
Private Beach or both sides accessible
Size of private beach bit (if applicable)
Grass pattern
Left/right side ocean and hence position of Museum and bench in Main street
Number of ponds
Town hall starting colour + interior
Train station starting colour + interior (can be different to town hall)
How bendy the river is (single acres - straighter river makes for marginally easier fishing)
Waterfalls
Look of ramps to the beach
Rock placement and how many there are
Villager placement

Chosen by user:

House placement
Pre-planning campsite/cafe/lost and found
Bridge placement and planning (if you wish to keep the first one as a free public work)

And a subtle one that probably won't matter too much compared to past games, - how out of the way you have to go to see each corner of town on daily rounds. But now villagers move however they please and you can place your house and facilities down it's easy to make sure there isn't much wasted space in town. - I can't stand having little niggly bits you never visit that end up collecting weeds.

*Three days after town creation*

"Urgh, I got durians and I wanted lemons...LEMONS! GAHH!"
*Delete Town*

The sad part is that someone will end up doing this. I mean, if you don't like the fruits, there's plenty of people here giving out their friend codes and whatnot. Making some friends is sure to help with fruit antics and endeavors.

I'm very glad that I'm not THAT picky haha! Some people may be resetting their game weeks from now.
I'm good as long as the map has a nice, balanced river.
And circle grass.
And oranges.
And not Maelle.
And with the ocean on the left.

Ok, maybe I'm going to be one of those people too..

* 3 Years after Town Creation* "I think I'll finally go to the Island! Gahh! I got Lychees! I.....WANTED.....Persimmons! Persimmons!! *Deletes Town*

You will have a very, very long wait for persimmons. ;P They're not an option.

The only reason to worry about any fruit is for perfect fruits. All other options can be gotten from others / island tours and planted.
I used to make sure my towns had a fruit I didn't like so I could replace them with fruit I liked, and then sell them for more. xP

Why delete town because of Island fruit? There aren't many trees there anyway so you can just get the one you want from friends, cut them all down and replant them. ITS THAT SIMPLE

Wait... they removed persimmons?

No, they just aren't a fruit that you get from the island or from your town. You buy it from the fully upgraded Nook's Shop in the Garden Centre. An animal neighbor may give you one as a reward though.

I'm going with what I get, so it doesn't matter what kind of stuff I get, like it or not! Even if I get Pears and Durians. |8

I want this run to be as 'permanent' as my Population Growing town was.

Except the face. I know what face is my favorite and I'm getting that one. :3

Back