• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Localization Thoughts

If that's Nintendo's strategy then I'm in no place to question it. However, it just seems a little off in my eyes that the delay is purely for marketing other games. I don't think the game is finished yet, personally. But really only Nintendo knows.

If that's Nintendo's strategy then I'm in no place to question it. However, it just seems a little off in my eyes that the delay is purely for marketing other games. I don't think the game is finished yet, personally. But really only Nintendo knows.

I don't really see how it can be viewed as off..
If you had multiple products you were wanting to get the most profit out of, would you put them out one at a time so that it was the "new and popular" thing at the moment, or would you release all of them at once and hope that they all got bought?

AC doesn't do as well in NA and EU, so it would make complete sense to hold the date and information on it until there aren't any other planned games to be released. Then they release information, get hype up, and the game well sell well.

If you had multiple products you were wanting to get the most profit out of, would you put them out one at a time so that it was the "new and popular" thing at the moment, or would you release all of them at once and hope that they all got bought?

AC doesn't do as well in NA and EU, so it would make complete sense to hold the date and information on it until there aren't any other planned games to be released. Then they release information, get hype up, and the game well sell well.

Wrong. Intelligent Systems, Gamefreak, etc, all do the localization themselves.

I really don't know where you're getting this idea from.

Here's an interview in 2011 with a Nintendo of America employee who started out at Nintendo localizing the Pokemon games. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8o-2JefD28#!

Here's an interview back in 2004 with Nate Bihldorff and Bill Trinen talking about the process of localizing Paper Mario for the Gamecube. You'll probably recognize these names as they've been featured in some Nintendo Direct videos recently seeing as they are leads at the Treehouse. (NoA's localization arm)
http://snes15.1up.com/previews/paper-mario-ttyd

I'm not saying the release is off, I personally don't understand why the lack of release DATE. Even if it's April or whatever. I don't see the sense in witholding it at the expense of AC fans. Just my opinion.

I'm not saying the release is off, I personally don't understand why the lack of release DATE. Even if it's April or whatever. I don't see the sense in witholding it at the expense of AC fans. Just my opinion.

I understand, I'm not saying you're wrong to feel that way because honestly, I've been waiting for this game since it was first announced. And I had to sit through years of TBT thinking it was coming out at this date, and that date and got let down too many times. But I understand the marketing point.. it's just to give the games coming out soon publicity, possibly due to Nintendo thinking AC will do almost as well as it did in Japan.

If that is what they're expecting, I hope they're right.

Yes I understand that as well. Maybe I'm biased but I think it's a biiiiiiit of a dick move to push back a game they know fas have been salivating over for two years in favour of newer games. So I'm hoping the just aren't finished polishing it up. *shakes fist*

I HOPE they are finishing it up as well. I hate to think they are holding the game for marketing purposes - even if this is the case.

Anyways...none of us really KNOW. We can make educated guesses, but they are guesses all the same.

Yes I understand that as well. Maybe I'm biased but I think it's a biiiiiiit of a dick move to push back a game they know fas have been salivating over for two years in favour of newer games. So I'm hoping the just aren't finished polishing it up. *shakes fist*

I'm fully convinced that they're done with localization. It just seems like it's cutting things really close if they aren't, because if they're still working on it, that gives them like three months to finish what they need finished, produce all of the game carts for the various countries, and ship it off. =/

I'd think Nintendo knew better than to cut things too close, they've already had to delay the game once.

I'm fully convinced that they're done with localization. It just seems like it's cutting things really close if they aren't, because if they're still working on it, that gives them like three months to finish what they need finished, produce all of the game carts for the various countries, and ship it off. =/

I'd think Nintendo knew better than to cut things too close, they've already had to delay the game once.

I think Nintendo delaying Animal Crossing: New Leaf only once is the understatement of the year lol

Back