• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Maps

Will there still be a great variety of town-maps? Let me know what you think!

• Yes, because...

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • No, because...

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I'm not sure, because...

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

Winona

wнιle тнe ocean вlooмѕ…
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
October Birthstone (Opal)
Tasty Cake
I really didn't know where to put this question, so I made a new thread in order to see what you think.

We all know that we will be offered a GREAT variety of options to customize our town. Where to place houses and public buildings? What kind of town to choose? How to decorate you town/ house/ character? What about the shops' opening times?

All these customizations make me wonder if there will be various types of maps like there were in the previous games. The reason for that was to customize the towns so that everyone feels unique. That's not necessary now since you can customize nearly everything and every town could look different, even if they were all based on the same map.

You might think that it would be pointless to remove that feature.
But thinking about all the new stuff that they have to place on the game card, various types of maps would be needlessly wasted space. Also, some cities would offer better opportunities to place shops, items (and so on) while others would be pretty hard to decorate.

Additionally, the map that we were shown a year ago was considered to be "THE" map.

We also have to keep in mind that there are now a lot predetermined areas in our town- e.g. the Wi-Fi-housings, the mall, the camping-area and so on. Would all these things fit into every town if there were different maps?

And are there different maps like in previous games at all? :confused:

Last edited:
Yes each town will be different.
It's been a unique feature in each AC game so why change it now

Yes, but the strip mall will most likely be the same(unless at the beginning you DO get to pick a few stores you want in your town and which go in the mall).
The streetpass houses aren't part of town, they're a section by themselves, and even they won't be the same because each town has different houses in it. Also, we get to choose where to place bridges which is a big factor that sets towns apart. I'm sure the ramp to the beach will be different in towns as well. And what 'Camping Area'? Did I miss the mention of that?

Yes, but the strip mall will most likely be the same(unless at the beginning you DO get to pick a few stores you want in your town and which go in the mall).
The streetpass houses aren't part of town, they're a section by themselves, and even they won't be the same because each town has different houses in it. Also, we get to choose where to place bridges which is a big factor that sets towns apart. I'm sure the ramp to the beach will be different in towns as well. And what 'Camping Area'? Did I miss the mention of that?

Yeah, I know that it will be a seperate area, but still, all these seperate areas must be somewhere... and if they are all in the same places for every town (like, the mall is north and the Wi-Fi-housings in the east), that would determine the "free map" a lot!

And what I mean with different maps is, that the river flows differently and that the levels and stairs of the town are on different places as well. Also the stones and so on.

Yeah, I know that it will be a seperate area, but still, all these seperate areas must be somewhere... and if they are all in the same places for every town (like, the mall is north and the Wi-Fi-housings in the east), that would determine the "free map" a lot!

And what I mean with different maps is, that the river flows differently and that the levels and stairs of the town are on different places as well. Also the stones and so on.

Well the stones most likely will not be in the same location in each town that'd be so dull.
The wifi houses are north of the strip mall which is north of the town. Accessed by the train station railroad tracks.

No they won't. Because the mall and stuff is all in the same location and all the buildings will be in the same place, and you can't do nothing! WAH!

The free areas will be different. I think that there will still be some randomness in the way the river bends, where the wide part of the river is (known as the "pond"), where the river dumps into the ocean, and where the rocks are. If all of these were in the same places, it would make all of the towns too similar.

No they won't. Because the mall and stuff is all in the same location and all the buildings will be in the same place, and you can't do nothing! WAH!
Says the person who skips to conclusions.

Seriously, you dont know if they will do that thing.

One of those things where you're going to have to reset until you get a layout you fall in love with like in previous games. :p Unless they offer options during character creation that relate to your town (aside from name choice). That could be possible.

Well it's always been a part of AC, no point in removing it. And since this version will have way more customization, I'm sure towns will have different varieties as well, so every town looks unique.

It would be so stupid to remove it. Like Volvagia said, it has been in all the games. Why stop?

Of course there will still be a variety of town maps! No one, and I mean NO ONE would want the same layout from one town to the next. Whats the point of that? Some people like to restart and the game would lose replayability if you restart and you get the same exact layout every time. Just because they showed us ONE concept map doesn't mean that every town will look like that. They just show us a concept that there will be items from the map in your town.

Every town will have a train station but each station will look a little different like in GC.
If it's still in there, every town will have a cave, where it is located may be different depending on what town layout you get.
Every town will have a river, that river will be randomly layed out.
Every town will have some bridges but they will be in different places.

Yes there will be some similarities between towns but they will all be unique and to add to the uniqueness, the mayor will get to choose where some things are placed.

Of course there will still be a variety of town maps! No one, and I mean NO ONE would want the same layout from one town to the next. Whats the point of that? Some people like to restart and the game would lose replayability if you restart and you get the same exact layout every time. Just because they showed us ONE concept map doesn't mean that every town will look like that. They just show us a concept that there will be items from the map in your town.

Every town will have a train station but each station will look a little different like in GC.
If it's still in there, every town will have a cave, where it is located may be different depending on what town layout you get.
Every town will have a river, that river will be randomly layed out.
Every town will have some bridges but they will be in different places.

Yes there will be some similarities between towns but they will all be unique and to add to the uniqueness, the mayor will get to choose where some things are placed.

Yeah and you know, I doubt all of this. The reason for my thoughts are in my first post.

I don't believe in a cave. I don't believe in several train stations since the one shows seems really big. I think it's something fix, just like the townhall was in previous games.
Since you place the bridges yourself, I don't believe in the thought of different bridge-places.
I don't believe in so much space to change from town to town since there has to be the camping place, the mall place,the wi-fi-housings, the beach... and I suggest them to in the same place for EVERY town.
And since we place the houses ourselves...

This way, the only thing that they could change from town to town would be the river-way and the places of those stones. But I don't think that they did that because you can still customize the whole rest of your town, which will make it very unique as well.

I don't believe that it would be so stupid to remove it because of all the given reasons. Of course, it makes no sense to the gameplay, but the space of such a gamecard is limited, too. And the different maps are one thing that became rather unneccessary through all the new innovations. No towns will look the same anyway.
That the producers only showed one map is just another reason for me to at least think wonder about the possibility. ;)

Last edited:
Yes, because if we all just had the same maps, then I guess it'll just be boring. It would be more adventurous to see different maps than just the same old map everytime.

You can't honestly expect them to make several concept maps just to show different designs do you?
That concept map is just a draft showing what they want to include and their ideas, not the exact layout of town.

You can't honestly expect them to make several concept maps just to show different designs do you?
That concept map is just a draft showing what they want to include and their ideas, not the exact layout of town.

I'm tired of always repeating what I said before. But again:
No, of course not! But what I'm saying is that the map showed several sections of the town, such as "the cave", the mall, the big bridge, the beach, the wifi-housings, the train-station... all of these things HAVE to be at the same place in every game. And so the concept map made me wonder if there are different cities at all, since there are so many areas that are already determined and the small place to change for every game is kinda small.

I'm tired of always repeating what I said before. But again:
No, of course not! But what I'm saying is that the map showed several sections of the town, such as "the cave", the mall, the big bridge, the beach, the wifi-housings, the train-station... all of these things HAVE to be at the same place in every game. And so the concept map made me wonder if there are different cities at all, since there are so many areas that are already determined and the small place to change for every game is kinda small.

they mall and wifi houses are EXACTLY like CF, you access them the at the same place. I don't understand why you think this makes maps un-unique. The beach is always south, and I'm sure the pathway down to the beach will be unique in every town. And I'm sure some towns will have a big patch of sand in one area while others will have a big patch in a completey different area. The cave and "big bridge?" aren't even confirmed, so don't jump the gun there.

Back