• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Maps

Will there still be a great variety of town-maps? Let me know what you think!

• Yes, because...

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • No, because...

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I'm not sure, because...

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
I'm tired of always repeating what I said before. But again:
No, of course not! But what I'm saying is that the map showed several sections of the town, such as "the cave", the mall, the big bridge, the beach, the wifi-housings, the train-station... all of these things HAVE to be at the same place in every game. And so the concept map made me wonder if there are different cities at all, since there are so many areas that are already determined and the small place to change for every game is kinda small.
Obviously.

But seriously everyone, we have to wait and find out, like RisingSun said. Because what if the places ARE in different places (although I doubt that would happen XD)?

I'm sure the locations for the train station and shops in the mall area will remain static. Much like the city in City Folk and gate in Wild World. What will [likely] be variable are the colors and designs of some of these items. Your general map (the ramps, in-town locations, such as the museum, homes, etc), placement of bridges, ponds, river...whatever will likely have a variety as well -- just as it was in other games.

There's not too much sense in the mall/station/whatever being different. I doubt AC3DS will allow for too much personal, highly customized placements for shops in the mall. Think of those areas of a global hub; same for all.

Yeah but this is what I mean GUYS! :D
Of course the museum and so on will be in different places, as well as the bridges and townhall ...
Because as a mayor, you are actually able to PLACE them! So the greatest part of town-customization of the former games now became your work!

The question that I'm trying to put into words is: will there really be a different map for every game to place all these items? That would only mean that the river flows differently.. .and that the beach-area would have a different shape.

It's never confirmed we can place EVERYTHING!
Things like the museum and townhall and the trainstation, and possibly a few others will there from the getgo. I don't think we can move those.

But I think so ;)

Maybe they are available from the start, but I suppose that in that case we can at least move them later.
Still, since it was never confirmed (as you said yourself), you cannot know either, so please stop acting like you had all the knowledge and as if even the thought of a basic map for every town was SO unlikely. Because it isn't. With all the innovations of the game, it is possible because of the (10 times) given reasons.

I never said that anything was confirmed or that there are no different maps for sure or that we can with certainty move everything. I was just puzzling over it.

yes they're will be alot of town maps because if there wasn't then most towns would look like the same!

But I think so ;)

Maybe they are available from the start, but I suppose that in that case we can at least move them later.
Still, since it was never confirmed (as you said yourself), you cannot know either, so please stop acting like you had all the knowledge and as if even the thought of a basic map for every town was SO unlikely. Because it isn't. With all the innovations of the game, it is possible because of the (10 times) given reasons.

I never said that anything was confirmed or that there are no different maps for sure or that we can with certainty move everything. I was just puzzling over it.

Well, I certainly hope the town maps will vary. I remember resetting my game constantly until I got a map layout that included an island and ramp positioning that I liked. :p I would be sad if my map layout was the exact same as everyone else.

Honestly, I really don't think so. I have always thought that since we have so many customization options like choosing where buildings are, then essentially every town is different, and therefore I think we will only have one set 'map'.
But I really hope new maps are back. I always loved picking out what was special about my town's geography.

I put I'm not sure because I'm not sure. How could I know whether the maps will differ not? I want them to, but I wouldn't be shocked and angry if they took the feature out.

Back