• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

Is it just me or is 150CC a lot more complicated than it was in MK7? :p
I believe that the 150cc in Mario Kart 8 might have upped in difficulty as I found Mario Kart 7's 150cc to be quite frustrating and that was not as hard as this one.

I was either losing the 150cc cups by 1 point, winning by 1 point or I had a draw with the second place computer character in Mario Kart 8.

Last edited:
I think Jav can race and I can go back on, just went out the tournament for a food break.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Anyone wanna join the race, its all luck based with two people .x

Bring back the arena style tracks. Please listen to us. That is the true reason we purchased this game 1 on 1 balloon battle is what made Mario kart one of the best games ever. Please offer it on a dlc. I would gladly pay extra for what should have already been included in the game. Mario Kart 8. Great game. Great Graphics. Looks better then ever however it is missing in my opinion what makes Mario Kart 8 the best driving game ever.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Bring back the arena style tracks. Please listen to us. That is the true reason we purchased this game 1 on 1 balloon battle is what made Mario kart one of the best games ever. Please offer it on a dlc. I would gladly pay extra for what should have already been included in the game. Mario Kart 8. Great game. Great Graphics. Looks better then ever however it is missing in my opinion what makes Mario Kart 8 the best driving game ever.

Everyone's racing online, and I'm just sitting here, trying to unlock all Kart parts and beat all tracks in 150CC mode. xP Is it just me or is 150CC a lot more complicated than it was in MK7? :p

Yes, I find it is a bit more challenging, because I think the CPUs are a bit more intelligent than in MK7. But to be honest, it's still not all too difficult, it's just mostly frustrating if you want to get 3 Stars because you have to come 1st in every race: One slip-up (even if you come 2nd in ONE race!) and you have to start the whole grand prix all over again (like I've been doing)... But to be honest it's not all that bad. ^^

This game is awesome. If anyone wants to race or add me, visit the chat link in my sig. I'm trying to get a community of mario karters together.

Note: in my sig it states that it's an ACNL chat, but we use it for games in general.

I hit 900 coins this morning. I haven't tried battle yet but I'm gonna check soon. I've heard mixed reviews on Battle.

Also, I can do 1v1s. PM me.

I think I'm at like 1,600.

Is anyone else noticing the same people in the lead for Grand Prix? It's really getting my nerves always seeing Toad and Donkey Kong hit me with red shells right before the finish. -_-

I hit 900 coins this morning. I haven't tried battle yet but I'm gonna check soon. I've heard mixed reviews on Battle.

Also, I can do 1v1s. PM me.

I think Battle Mode is pretty fun, but it just depends on what course you're playing.

Getting 3 stars in everything in this game is not worth it at all... you get nothing for it, not even a 3 star rank beside your name online like in the previous versions :(

Also, I'm gonna play online, so join me if you want! I'm playing on the gamepad instead of the TV, so this should be interesting.

Last edited:
Getting 3 stars in everything in this game is not worth it at all... you get nothing for it, not even a 3 star rank beside your name online like in the previous versions :(

Also, I'm gonna play online, so join me if you want! I'm playing on the gamepad instead of the TV, so this should be interesting.

Have you already 100%'d the game, or just the cups?!

I'll join up in a sec!

This game still has really stressful AI's at 150CC, I came first in both races on the Banana cup, I was pushed back to 6th on Royal Raceway due to constant Spam (Hit by a Blue shell then a Red shell AND then by a Green shell) by the Finish line, I was still in 1st on the board so fair enough...it's just the same happened again on DK Jungle and I came 8th u_u

The fact that AI's have such perfect aim too is what bothers me.

Back