• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

I hate the coin item, there is coins all over the tracks and when im in 1st place i dont want a coin I want a banana.

i think it gives you two coins when its the item

i think im around 5000 coins so im getting closer to the gold glider everyday :]

That's good for improving. Input from people on forums help a lot too. I was usually on ww/regionals or in a friend room.. hardly ever touched battle. Haha yeah, you were too young. I think I was 15 or 16 when I was playing the game for the first time. How the heck did you use the wii wheel?! I used it once... never again. I used my GCN controller and had a 3 star rank on 2 files.

It was actually more of a group, but we did have a couple of plan wars. Our chat was based off of a private thread and also a xat chatroom. ACC sucks, they're way too strict on that site. TBT is way better, so that's why I'm on here now. Getting 9999 isn't super hard, but staying at that rank is a big challenge. It all takes practice.

You should try it today! It's very hectic, but fun. I joined a room with all people over 3000vr and even someone over 6000vr. It was crazy!! I really should check out battle too.. I haven't tried it yet. Thanks, I must get better though :<
That was before I found out that a GCN controller could be used. Once I found out that I could use a GCN controller, I switched to the GCN, toyed with it for a few weeks, and ended up loving it. Much more precision and control, with greater reliability since motion control is relatively new and not quite fully functional, especially in that game.

Yeah, sounds a bit more like ACC. :rolleyes:

Trying it now. Also I retried battle a few days back. It was...okay, I guess. Nothing phenomenal.

That was before I found out that a GCN controller could be used. Once I found out that I could use a GCN controller, I switched to the GCN, toyed with it for a few weeks, and ended up loving it. Much more precision and control, with greater reliability since motion control is relatively new and not quite fully functional, especially in that game.

Yeah, sounds a bit more like ACC. :rolleyes:

Trying it now. Also I retried battle a few days back. It was...okay, I guess. Nothing phenomenal.

The GCN controller is probably the best controller of all time. It's gonna be awesome when we can use them for Wii U games :D
Motion controllers are so gimmicky. I actually hated the Wii.. the Wii U is what we should have gotten after the gamecube.

Yup, the only people that fit in with ACC now are pre-teens :/

Good luck with your races! Yeah, everyone seems to be saying the same thing about battle. "It's not the best and needs DLC". The only thing I'm happy about that they went with is the N64 balloon pop battle system!

That sucks, but your dad did you the biggest favour, you need to study! That game is seriously awesome and addicting.. This past week, I've been rotting with my girlfriend in bed racing constantly... x_x I'm not going to be playing as much now though.
I'm a pretty good racer. Probably due to my previous addiction with Mario Kart Wii, lol

yeah I do, I'm like buying videogames 24/7 so I want to try them all, I hope I get to race with you one day
and I was addicted to MK Wii too♥

Last edited:
Been doing quite a few WWs lately, I'm really racing a lot for that gold glider.

yeah I do, I'm like buying videogames 24/7 so I want to try them all, I hope I get to race with you one day
and I was addicted to MK Wii too♥
Gosh, that really musy be so tempting, having all those new games in front of you O.O You'll have a chance! I'll be racing a lot until the new smash bros is out. MK Wii was amazing. I just hated all those Daisy and Funky Kong users out there >_>

Been doing quite a few WWs lately, I'm really racing a lot for that gold glider.
The stats of the gold glider aren't even that good really, but yeah, I'm trying to unlock it too so I have everything.

You could do online 2 player and join :p

Yeah I know but he's not here right now. That and I don't quite feel like playing rn. Yeah I could practice but I think I got enough practicing Worldwiding this morning.

Last edited:
I'd play but I'm kinda grounded right now. (Can't play any video games for a day, all because I overslept like 10 Minutes :( ) The wait for tomorrow is gonna be rough. >.>

Gosh, that really musy be so tempting, having all those new games in front of you O.O You'll have a chance! I'll be racing a lot until the new smash bros is out. MK Wii was amazing. I just hated all those Daisy and Funky Kong users out there >_>

ikr?? but even so my dad is a PC gamer, yet he doesn't feel for me ;-; he only understands if I'm like "wait dad until it saves then I'll shut the game off" but mom isn't into gaming so she doesn't care, until recently tho haha ily mama♥
owh that's a long time~
ahh but MK Wii was glitchy online.. a lot, but then again maybe its bcuz I'm all the way in the Middle East..

I'll join by later, will probably get my Brother in aswell.

I'd play but I'm kinda grounded right now. (Can't play any video games for a day, all because I overslept like 10 Minutes :( ) The wait for tomorrow is gonna be rough. >.>
lol a day is nothing man! It will go by in no time ;)

ikr?? but even so my dad is a PC gamer, yet he doesn't feel for me ;-; he only understands if I'm like "wait dad until it saves then I'll shut the game off" but mom isn't into gaming so she doesn't care, until recently tho haha ily mama♥
owh that's a long time~
ahh but MK Wii was glitchy online.. a lot, but then again maybe its bcuz I'm all the way in the Middle East..
Maybe he needs to try out some good console games for him to change his mind :p My parents are the same, except they aren't gamers at all. I might bring out MK8 for my family play tonight because we used to have family race night 15 years ago when MK64 was around XD
It was most likely due to your location. MK Wii had the smoothest and best online for any Wii game. I think it's even better than MK8s online...but that might be because MK8 just came out and they need to improve the servers a bit.

Back