• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

mental illnesses?

I used to suffer with really bad anxiety and would go way out of my way to avoid people, just so I would feel slightly more comfortable and won't have to worry about seeing them. I also used to be extremely panicked if I happened to bump in to them, sometimes crying ; _ ;.Luckily I seem to be to getting better and don't start panicking as much as I used to > - <
I also suffered from a few other things, but I don't like discussing it > - <

Last edited:
I don't have any mental illnesses that I know of....

I just want people who suffer from depression and are taking anti-depressants to try and just think positive. I understand, I don't know what it feels like to be depressed, and no I don't. But I do believe it's you and you only who can make yourself happy. Anti-depressants are not good to be on your whole life, they stop working eventually where you have to routinely switch to another brand if you depend on them. I work at a pharmacy and see people who live off of them, as well as other medications like Xanax/Alprazolam, or Adderall/Amphetamine, and it's so sad. I truly believe one has the capacity to throw away their medications and start a life where their goal is to think positive, and do good to themselves (eat healthy, exercise, meditate, and love yourself.)

I watch this Youtuber and she's such an inspiration. She suffered from severe depression, her and her sister. One day she decided that she doesn't want to take her anti-depressants anymore and threw them all out and to live the life of happiness, she tried to tell her sister to do the same but it didn't work out. She started doing holistic healthy eating, and exercising. She said being happy and thinking happy was so incredibly hard but she's such a bright face now. During her recovery to being happy though, her sister committed suicide, but in some way she grew from that.

Here's a video of hers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxv7ofhu3dE

I don't have any mental illnesses that I know of....

I just want people who suffer from depression and are taking anti-depressants to try and just think positive. I understand, I don't know what it feels like to be depressed, and no I don't. But I do believe it's you and you only who can make yourself happy. Anti-depressants are not good to be on your whole life, they stop working eventually where you have to routinely switch to another brand if you depend on them. I work at a pharmacy and see people who live off of them, as well as other medications like Xanax/Alprazolam, or Adderall/Amphetamine, and it's so sad. I truly believe one has the capacity to throw away their medications and start a life where their goal is to think positive, and do good to themselves (eat healthy, exercise, meditate, and love yourself.)

I watch this Youtuber and she's such an inspiration. She suffered from severe depression, her and her sister. One day she decided that she doesn't want to take her anti-depressants anymore and threw them all out and to live the life of happiness, she tried to tell her sister to do the same but it didn't work out. She started doing holistic healthy eating, and exercising. She said being happy and thinking happy was so incredibly hard but she's such a bright face now. During her recovery to being happy though, her sister committed suicide, but in some way she grew from that.

Here's a video of hers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxv7ofhu3dE

your line of thinking is correct, but just know it isnt that easy. ive been on meds half my life, and theyve never truly worked for me.
but, if i stopped them now, i know i would kill myself. i dont even need to be off of them to want to but thats a different story

rewiring your brain to love yourself isnt easy. its doable, yes, but personally, i dont think ill ever be able to do it. i have hopes for others, though, and i wish everyone the best of luck.

edit: also, as a pharmacist you would know that stopping your medications suddenly can cause serious ****. i hope that girl did it gradually.
also, the goal that therapists try to teach us (or at least some of mine have) is definitely to try to live healthier and use coping mechanisms like meditation and exercising and eating healthy. again, though, its not easy.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I have had really bad anxiety before. At one point it was so bad that I couldn't go out in public. I would have random anxiety attacks and I was afraid to be alone.

But that was 5 years ago, I've come a long way since then.

And I have ADD and ADHD

Last edited:
I was diagnosed with ADHD towards the beginning of my 6th grade year. I've gotten many tests done to see if I have ADHD and I do in fact have it. I was also diagnosed with major depression and take antidepressants every day. I was suicidal at one point in my life during high school and that really pushed my depression over the edge. I also have OCD. I need to have things in a certain spot or else I'll freak out. I currently take 5 pills a day for all of my problems. I used to take 7, but one pill that I used to take made me lose a ton of weight and I was close to being anorexic. I'm a lot healthier now and I'm eating better.

I'm bipolar and I'm on meds. I would say they are a help but I would rather not be on them. I'm not going to type my life story out because it would be to boring. I would say I started feeling like I dud in the summer of 2012 which I why I'm dreading this summer as for me being around my friends is a great help. Also if anyone wants to talk to me I'm happy to do my best to help, I may be only 14 but I know what feeling suicidal (if only a little) is like. I love helping people out so please let me try :)

Also I think people think being bipolar is not as bad as you get to be really happy for awhile but I personally feel out of control a lot and that's no fun at all at least when I'm depressed I'm in control. Sorry for having a little rant there.

I've never been diagnosed, but I really think I have depression. I know the online tests don't mean much, but all of them say I show signs of being severely depressed. And I think I do show the signs. I just can't make myself do anything. I dread leaving the house, or doing anything, or seeing anyone, even if I should be happy about it. It feels like it takes all my strength to get out of bed. And then there's the suicidal thoughts and thoughts/actions related to those.

I also think I have social anxiety. I think everyone is always watching and judging, even if they have no clue who I am. In stores, I always have to count my money repeatedly and it makes me so nervous to check out or stuff like that. When I try to talk it feels like my throat is closing up, and the words get stuck, and then when I talk it ends up coming out as a barely audible whisper. But I've never been diagnosed, so I don't know.

I've never been diagnosed, but I really think I have depression. I know the online tests don't mean much, but all of them say I show signs of being severely depressed. And I think I do show the signs. I just can't make myself do anything. I dread leaving the house, or doing anything, or seeing anyone, even if I should be happy about it. It feels like it takes all my strength to get out of bed. And then there's the suicidal thoughts and thoughts/actions related to those.

I also think I have social anxiety. I think everyone is always watching and judging, even if they have no clue who I am. In stores, I always have to count my money repeatedly and it makes me so nervous to check out or stuff like that. When I try to talk it feels like my throat is closing up, and the words get stuck, and then when I talk it ends up coming out as a barely audible whisper. But I've never been diagnosed, so I don't know.

Please go to a doctor, I can't stress how important I think it is that you get help. Even if it is nothing then at least you don't have to worry it anymore. If you think you need help then you should try and get it. Please, even if you find it a hard thing to do it will help in the long term. Please

Please go to a doctor, I can't stress how important I think it is that you get help. Even if it is nothing then at least you don't have to worry it anymore. If you think you need help then you should try and get it. Please, even if you find it a hard thing to do it will help in the long term. Please

this tbh
it sounds liek you really need to go, as hard as it is. find a therapist, or go to your regular doctor -- anything. you need it.

your line of thinking is correct, but just know it isnt that easy. ive been on meds half my life, and theyve never truly worked for me.
but, if i stopped them now, i know i would kill myself. i dont even need to be off of them to want to but thats a different story

rewiring your brain to love yourself isnt easy. its doable, yes, but personally, i dont think ill ever be able to do it. i have hopes for others, though, and i wish everyone the best of luck.

edit: also, as a pharmacist you would know that stopping your medications suddenly can cause serious ****. i hope that girl did it gradually.
also, the goal that therapists try to teach us (or at least some of mine have) is definitely to try to live healthier and use coping mechanisms like meditation and exercising and eating healthy. again, though, its not easy.

Yea, I definitely need my medication because there is a chemical imbalance in my brain, which causes my OCD, depression and Generalized Anxiety. It's a physical, chemical imbalance, and while you can't see it visually, it's there, and it's very complex, which is why there is such stigma around anti-depressants and mental illness--people fear what they cannot see or understand completely...

But personally, I need to be on the medication as well in order to correct that imbalance, just as someone with high blood pressure needs to take medication to lower their blood pressure.

I'm a little bipolar. I don't have super crazy moments, but I get mad super easily. Not a lot makes me super mad, but when I'm mad, I get REALLY mad.
Sometimes I think I have depression but I'm not sure. It's definitely not severe, because I'm not always depressed, but when I do get depressed I get really depressed.
I'm not on any meds because I don't believe in "solving" a problem by creating another one. I mean, think about it, you take antidepressants to help depression/anxiety/etc and you feel fine on the meds, but what happens when you wanna stop because you realize that the meds are very harmful to your body? Those meds are addictive and stopping them can actually give you worse anxiety/depression than you ever had to begin with, so why go through that? I'd rather just overcome it the natural way :)

I agree with the meds part. They're really addictive and if you take it all away the problem is just going to come back, it's just like masking it pretty much.

I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and ednos around 2-3 years ago. I was a mess, I still suspect I might have some sort of bipolar or mood disorder, the thing is I don't think they noticed my mood swings or anything while I had all those doctors. In the past they wanted me on medication & I was in therapy, I took some but I stopped because I was scared of the side effects and how it was working on me. To this day I think I've gotten a lot better but it's still difficult, I just managed to find ways to cope with a lot of my symptoms. My anxiety was so bad to the point where I stopped going to school for a long while, along with the other things. I feel like I should go back for therapy because I still feel like I might relapse at any time & occasionally I'll get really anxious for dumb reasons, or feel really depressed for a few days and then it goes away. idk, I don't have money for that though. all I really do is just try and distract myself as much as I can from any of it. but I mean, I went from being extremely suicidal and when I think of it things are significantly better.

I have ASD, more specifically, Aspergers Syndrome.
It makes life harder, but I power through it. ^-^

I'm bipolar and I'm on meds. I would say they are a help but I would rather not be on them. I'm not going to type my life story out because it would be to boring. I would say I started feeling like I dud in the summer of 2012 which I why I'm dreading this summer as for me being around my friends is a great help. Also if anyone wants to talk to me I'm happy to do my best to help, I may be only 14 but I know what feeling suicidal (if only a little) is like. I love helping people out so please let me try :)

Also I think people think being bipolar is not as bad as you get to be really happy for awhile but I personally feel out of control a lot and that's no fun at all at least when I'm depressed I'm in control. Sorry for having a little rant there.

i've been diagnosed with bipolar for over two years and the meds do help with the depressive episodes. i'm taken off and on them because of previous overdoses and i have massive withdrawal symptoms, but if i'd never had them to begin with i don't know where i'd be, my symptoms back then were worse than my withdrawal symptoms.

do you have bipolar disorder 1 or 2?

I have ASD, more specifically, Aspergers Syndrome.
It makes life harder, but I power through it. ^-^

Good for you! One of my past therapists told me that having difficulties like ours wasn't fair...but at the same time, it gives us a different perspective on the world and life that others cannot have or possibly understand. In a way, there is a silver lining, I suppose. I try to remember that as much as possible, especially when I'm having a rough time. :)

i've been diagnosed with bipolar for over two years and the meds do help with the depressive episodes. i'm taken off and on them because of previous overdoses and i have massive withdrawal symptoms, but if i'd never had them to begin with i don't know where i'd be, my symptoms back then were worse than my withdrawal symptoms.

do you have bipolar disorder 1 or 2?

Bipolar disorder 2, how about you? Also if you ever need to talk, let me know.

I was raised to not believe in ADD or ADHD as diseases. As for what I believe, I think it gets severely over diagnosed. I hope to be a psychologist though so I'm trying to learn to be more understanding, lol.

I was raised to not believe in ADD or ADHD as diseases. As for what I believe, I think it gets severely over diagnosed. I hope to be a psychologist though so I'm trying to learn to be more understanding, lol.

I tend to agree with you it is overdiagnosed and overtreated (is that a word?). But I`m sceptic about the whole pharmaceutical industry in honesty.

Still though, this doesn`t mean that when you do actually have ADD or ADHD it can be really hard to deal with. I`m sure that when you go study psychology, you run into so many facts, that soon that what you were told to believe will be blown to pieces. You can`t argue with facts huh?

Back