• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Misconceptions during Childhood

I had two things I thought of, when I was younger:

- I used to think everyone went to sleep at the same time

- I used to think music came from trees.
(Yes, I used to think that.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

When I was a small child, I remember driving along a country road on a night with a huge full moon, and freaking out because it seemed that the moon was following us!

I also thought of that when I was younger, too!
I used to say to my dad when he was driving, 'Hurry! The moon is catching up!'.

My mom made me believe that stepping on a crack would break her back and I refused to ever step on one. Even when my sisters stepped on them I still believed it even though she was fine.. Also I thought wishing on a star would actually make my wish come true, I think one wish I made was I wanted a barbie stereo.

I used to think that everyone lived to be 100 years old and immediately died on their 100th birthday. I also thought that you turn into a skeleton the second you die.

When I was about 4 or 5, an older friend had me convinced that if I just curled up in a ball tight enough that I could fit into the birdcage! Lol :rolleyes:

I was also totally mesmerized with the stories about The Borrowers (a family about the size of a pencil who lived under the floorboards and in the walls ... I was absolutely convinced that Arietty was real, and sat very quiet for hours just waiting for her to appear ... I would leave out empty thread spools and matchboxes to coax her out ... you have to know the story to get this ... Or have seen the movie ❤️

rh4ux3.jpg

I had two things I thought of, when I was younger:

- I used to think everyone went to sleep at the same time
idk if that's what you meant but when i was rly young i thought ppl on the other side of the world were sleeping at the same time as i was. i knew about time difference and stuff but i didn't rly understand i guess, lmao. i thought everyone was sleeping when it was night where i was //:

I used to believe you can change yourself into a baby if you felt like it.
I also thought swallowing seeds would make fruit grow in your belly.

When I was a child, I thought the world used to be in black and white like those really old shows and the earth eventually turned into color. Watching I Love Lucy confused me so much lmao

When I was 8 or 9, I used to take a really long time showering and my brother once told me that if I took too long, the grudge will come out of the pipes and take me with her. whoop

about the Baby Making thing. on day care a boy (who was kind of a wild and loud kid who would make a lot of trouble, he liked to prank ppl so it wasn't weird thst i didn't believe him) told me how babies are made, like the sex thing. i was maybe 3 or 4 and thought he was lying because i thought ppl only used those parts to pee. yye.. but then i thought about it and realized i didn't know how babies were made.. lmao idk when i actually realized that what he had told me was true

Back