• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Missions and rewards added to NSO, with AC:NH icons, backgrounds and frames :)

Im so happy my coco’s birthday was in this month so i was able to get her as my icon straight away. This is such a great idea!

I'm actually surprised @Justin hasn't posted about this on animal crossing world

I mean it's a minor thing, but still animal crossing related, and something that it seems like they'll be going through the entire (new horizons, at least) character roster for. which I think plenty of people would enjoy knowing about, if they don't already, as it means they could potentially show off their favorite villager(s) like this. ether now, or down the line when their birthday month rolls around

I would have if I hadn't been on vacation haha.

Maybe when the April ones show up!

March icons are gone, and new icons have been added for April. This batch features villagers that are celebrating their birthdays this month.

Finally! I can get Punchy!

I'm disappointed I could only get like four icons for March because I was really confused by the wording and I thought when people were saying they were gonna expire in April they meant the icon will disappear and you need to wait till next March to use it, they meant you can't buy them anymore, I can still use my March villager icons but not buy them anymore. I didn't bother buying many icons because I thought they were temporary and you could only utilize them in March, at least now I know they are permanent but you can only buy them during that month this time I'll buy all the April ones then.

Well. Now it seems that you have to qualify for the privilege of spending your platinum points on icon elements that... you can only access if you're already buying an online subscription anyway. And you're probably only going to want icon elements from games that you either already paid for or are planning to buy anyway.
the heck, nintendo.JPG

Not to sound too salty, but I literally have zero idea why Nintendo decided to implement this, unless they're afraid of people selling their cartridges or something...? There wasn't much I really wanted to spend platinum points on in the first place, and I think(?) I managed to get all the ACNH elements before they decided to do this, but whether they're still adding special characters/fruits/etc. or not, I think I'm done collecting at this point. Unless I just so happen to be in the mood to play ACNH for a few days, I'm not gonna go out of my way to log in three separate play sessions at least 24 hours apart on a monthly basis so I can earn the right to use pre-existing assets as my Switch icon, in a service that's already being paid for. I'll just keep playing games when I actually want to play them.

The perks for NSO are kinda barebones as it is imo, and I feel like they really needed more to incentivize it, not... whatever weird gatekeeping of jpegs this is.

Last edited:
Back