• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Most Painful Experience?

ive had pretty bad tooth pain, there was one instance where i could not sleep and i started crying because of how intense the pain was. it felt like someone was jabbing my tooth and it kept throbbing too. i think that was when i was about 11 or 12. i also get reallyyyy bad menstrual cramps. maybe not as bad as my fellow ladies on here (you all are so strong btw) but i will have intense throbbing cramps down my lower back, sometimes i get abdominal cramps but they arent as bad as my back cramps. they can get so bad sometimes the pain will radiate my thighs and my legs!! it gets bad to the point where i dont want to get out of bed at all. it's the worst pain ever until i take a painkiller and its like nothing ever happened o_O

this one time, i had to walk around barefoot with a open bloody cut on my ankle on a hot summer day at the park.

migraines. I get a migraine about once every 1-2 months, and I used to throw up when it happened as a kid. Now I just get nauseous sometimes. The migraine I got after watching Eurovision was the worst one I’ve ever had. I guess it was triggered by the flashing lights and other effects. I hate when it happens because I can’t even do anything to distract myself because light and sound make the pain worse. All I can do is lay in a dark room and try to sleep.

I had to have surgery to test for cancer. I had to sit in a chair before surgery so that they could put a metal wire into my chest. It took a long time and I had to sit still while they guided it into place. It hurt and I felt man handled by so many people. The fact that I rated that above the surgery says a lot. At least it turned out not to be cancer though.

Pain/ recovery after having a c-section and labor pains
I'd have to say thats the most pain I've been in.
Trying to walk after and recovery was the worst.
Worth it though.♡
( shout out to all the mamas ♡)

Other pain...

I did fly off a sea-doo.
I was on the back with my brother and he was racing pretty good on the water.
Told him to slow down.
Apparently that meant go faster.
I flew off ...
It was then I learned then that I could cartwheel on water.
Felt like I hit a concrete wall.
Came out of the water confused and shocked and cried my heart out. Couldn't move much after.
Messed up my back and neck. Apparently I'm a little crooked now according to the xrays.
Nothing a little physiotherapy cant help.
Oh, and I lost a flip flop. The other stayed on like a champ...

oh man, I've dislocated my kneecap before (I won't share the photo here but I do have one if anyone has a morbid curiosity about it haha) and it was doing literally the Dumbest thing possible... playing ten pin bowling

everyone made fun of me for Years afterwards until my brother dislocated his laying on his bed playing video games and I no longer had the most ridiculous injury in the family

Having what was basically c-section so that my unborn son could have surgery on his spine to close an opening (he has spina bifida) then having him kick in me while I heal for 3 more months to have another c-section to deliver him. But yea, the fetal surgery was something else. I had to be on bedrest for a month. He is 14 months old now!

back in late December 2017 I dislocated my patella in my left knee. that was definitely the worst pain I had ever felt. I never ask anyone to take me to the doctor/hospital for an injury but I knew I had to go to the emergency room for that one. when it dislocated a huge chunk of bone was broken out from underneath my patella, and I tore a bunch of ligaments/tendons. I remember not sleeping at all that night, and I also had episodes of severe pain flare-ups when I didn't take my pain medicine exactly on schedule.
two weeks later I had surgery on it, and I had to go through five months of physical therapy to get myself to the point where I could walk comfortably without a brace on.

to this day that's the only major injury I've had, and also the only surgery I've ever had. I've had times before where something hurt really bad; for instance, once I got a second degree burn on my left hand when I was in 4th grade, and it took weeks to recover. I also dislocated a bone in my right ring finger when I was in 2nd grade and had to wear a brace on it for a few weeks. but nothing as substantial as having highly invasive knee surgery. now I've got a giant scar on my left knee to remind me of how much pain I went through to deal with that.
I dislocated my kneecap and my nurse told me that dislocations are way more painful than just breaking a bone and I believe her!

Back