Music love

There's plenty! What are you listening to? is the most popular. :] You just listen to a song/album and post it here! The songs in this thread are mostly obscure metal though, thanks to one certain poster.
Ah, thank you my friend! Also, metal is okay with me. (I may have a history with hardcore punk) My interests in music vary... I mean SERIOUSLY vary!

I guess I just want to discuss music, and hopefully learn new stuff, while also maybe introducing music to others.
Post automatically merged:

I clicked the link and yeah I see/hear what you mean.

I wish there was a way we can get a music section with more topics for a variety of music.

Last edited:
As mentioned, "What Are You Listening To?" is the most prominent music thread here. It's mainly just that, sharing what you're listening to and liking whatever songs/artists you dig with an occasional bit of discussion sometimes. There's some music threads that pop up in Brewster's from time to time. Off the top of my head some recent ones were about Rap music, Music that brings emotions out of you, and if there's any unpopular music that you listen to.

There used to be these music websites called plug.dj/dubtrack. They were hubs where you could just create rooms with other users and queue up youtube videos and just vibe.

new_room.jpg

You'd have your own avatars and be able to majority vote skip songs and just chat. We'd have TBT users in rooms just listening to tunes and talkin through the day and night. It was actually really cool and a great way to connect with fellow members and learn about new music and chill and I really wish something like this was still around cause it sounds right up your alley and i miss it : (

It was actually really cool and a great way to connect with fellow members and learn about new music and chill and I really wish something like this was still around cause it sounds right up your alley and i miss it : (
I got excited for a second, but you ended with saying it doesn't exist anymore?

I wish there was a way we can get a music section with more topics for a variety of music.
That would be a great idea! I don't know how it would work, but I've always liked the idea of a Music club, just like a book group, but we listen to chosen songs and/or albums and give our opinions! It would be interesting to see everyone's tastes. I love all music, apart from techno and modern day stuff. The last time I looked at the charts I couldn't name a handful of names! My favourite genres are 60's, 70's and 90's. However, my favourite musician of all time is the fabulous Sir Elton John! Seems a bit unusual for my age, but I love him!

I got excited for a second, but you ended with saying it doesn't exist anymore?
There is a couple of alternatives, but none exactly like this from what I've seen but I gotta do more research haha. I'll look into it and let you know if I find anything.

That would be a great idea! I don't know how it would work, but I've always liked the idea of a Music club, just like a book group, but we listen to chosen songs and/or albums and give our opinions! It would be interesting to see everyone's tastes. I love all music, apart from techno and modern day stuff. The last time I looked at the charts I couldn't name a handful of names! My favourite genres are 60's, 70's and 90's. However, my favourite musician of all time is the fabulous Sir Elton John! Seems a bit unusual for my age, but I love him!
I appreciate the support! And by the way... Sir Elton John shouldn't be unusual for any age. Nor should ANY music, really. Tiny Dancer is one of my all time favorite songs! But...

Good music is good music. "Popular" shouldn't play into it. If you love it, then LOVE IIT!!

Like a few other users have mentioned, the "What are you listening to?" thread is pretty popular and is the place to post what you're listening to. As for music discussion, there's a few related threads that pop up every so often, but the ones that come to mind are the metal and rock threads. Of course, these are only for the designated genres (and the former is more active), but it's a good start if you're interested in talking about music from those genres.

If you truly can't find anything, then maybe you can make your own music discussion thread? I'd surely be interested. :0

My current music obsession is K Pop, as my son first introduced me to the music from his love of New Jeans. I’m currently listening to the discography of Red Velvet. I would love to see some of my favorite K Pop groups on tour in North America one day.

Back