Do you like any unpopular music?

i've really been into shibuya-kei recently!
i'd say it counts as unpopular because every one of the bands/artists from the genre that i like have completely disappeared of the face of the earth, like pizzicato five, serani poji, cibo matto, orange lounge, etc. there's still a few artists out there like lamp and capsule though, so it's not completely dead ig.

I like Metallica's "St. Anger" album.

In all seriousness, pretty much all the artists I listen to are very mainstream. I think the "least popular" band I listen to has about 500k monthly Spotify listeners and a decent amount of fame, which is still a lot. I'll listen to a band's whole discography if I really like them, and I often find myself getting into their unpopular or lesser-known songs/albums.

Also, I barely know anyone around my age who likes the same music I do, so I guess there's the 'unpopular music' aspect. :x

literally my favourite musician of all time is Bruce Hornsby, and besides having a few hits (like "The Way It Is") I don't really hear about him anywhere. he deserves more credit for sure 🥺💕

I like Metallica's "St. Anger" album.

In all seriousness, pretty much all the artists I listen to are very mainstream. I think the "least popular" band I listen to has about 500k monthly Spotify listeners and a decent amount of fame, which is still a lot. I'll listen to a band's whole discography if I really like them, and I often find myself getting into their unpopular or lesser-known songs/albums.

Also, I barely know anyone around my age who likes the same music I do, so I guess there's the 'unpopular music' aspect. :x

Honestly, I've learned that some of the coolest stuff in a discography are the ones that are relatively unknown. That's the fun part of diving into a band.

I've mentioned before that Slither is one of my favorite Metallica songs. And it's just sitting in the middle of Reload

AC/DC is the biggest exception to me. The mainstream songs are fine but I don't like anything else they've produced.

i'm into a lot of indie bands like slow pulp and newdad! i like to find new music through certain song radios on spotify or song recs that friends will send me.

don't really know a lot of people who listen to the music that i do, but it's always nice when i meet someone who does!

I like certain Rock/Metal/Alternative bands who are clearly aren't as popular as they are good. I think the genre itself isn't as popular these days though.

Back