• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mystery Word Puzzle #1

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Time to do another weird puzzle. There is a mysterious word hidden in this entry. What it’s like is that you have a code to crack. Keep in mind that the numbers equate to the order in the alphabet (i.e. 15=O, 25=Y). But in order to gather the numbers, you must do the math problems.

The mystery word is:

___
___
___
___
___
___
___
___

And here are the math problems:

1. What is 4 + 8?
  2. What is 5 × 3?
  3. A restaurant is selling hamburgers. The two types of hamburger buns are white and wheat. The patty can be beef, fried chicken, or grilled chicken. The cheeses are cheddar, swiss, and mozzarella. Other than the extras, how many possible combinations can you get a burger with these options?
  4. Solve the equation: 4x + 4 = 24.
  5. The trinomial is 6x[SUP]2[/SUP] + 31x + 40. Its factored form is (ax + b)(cx + d). If a = 2, then find b.
  6. What is tan(45°)?
  7. If f(x) = x[SUP]3[/SUP] - 2x[SUP]2[/SUP] + 16x - 4, then what is f’(a) when a = 2?
  8. Find the area under the curve of the function 6x[SUP]2[/SUP] + 2x + 1 on the interval [0,2].
If you know math very well, you would reveal the mystery word. You may share answers.

Well #1 is 12, so the letter L
#2 is 15 so the letter is O
#3 If you have the burgers with cheeses would be 18, but also without it would be 24 so either R or X so I'm thinking R
#4 is 5 so E
And the rest I haven't been taught in school yet (I'm 14 xd)
So
_ L E _ _ _O R
I dont know if it's correct though, its midnight idk if my brain is functioning properly xdd

You are right so far. And the burgers always include cheeses in that one problem since it’s about pairing all three of the objects together.

There is a fast food burger out there that is nothing but two patties and two slices of cheese in between. There’s no buns either. That burger will forever haunt the seven seas, but that doesn’t relate to the math problem.

Last edited:
Back