Mythbuster: Will time traveling be possible in New Horizons?

thank you so much for this!
also, i'm pretty sure you can choose what saving setting you want. ex: auto-save, manual-save, etc. at least, that's what i've heard.

thank you so much for this!
also, i'm pretty sure you can choose what saving setting you want. ex: auto-save, manual-save, etc. at least, that's what i've heard.

I really, REALLY hope this is the case. :)

The game was intended to be played along side the real-time clock so TT is against the spirit of the game.

It is part of the game.

My Time Travel Topic.

A picture speaks a thousand words.
Apart from that, it's a necessity for some of us, and a personal choice for others.

Either way, it has been a part of AC for many years, and the way I play my game shouldn't bother you.

It's not a part of the game if Nintendo want to do all they can to prevent people manipulating time. Time-traveling is just a consequence of being able to alter the system clock - if there was an easy way for Nintendo to prevent it, they would, meaning it isn't an intended part of the game. It's born of a technical limitation nothing more.

Bother me? Which part of my post suggests to you that it bothers me if you TT? It's each to their own but it's not a part of the game.

It's not a part of the game if Nintendo want to do all they can to prevent people manipulating time. Time-traveling is just a consequence of being able to alter the system clock - if there was an easy way for Nintendo to prevent it, they would, meaning it isn't an intended part of the game. It's born of a technical limitation nothing more.

Bother me? Which part of my post suggests to you that it bothers me if you TT? It's each to their own but it's not a part of the game.

Nintendo are the ones who put TT in the game!
Even the New Leaf rumors have time traveller as one of them, as shown in the link with images of my former NL villagers, all ten of them, calling me a time traveller.

My main point though, is why do some people feel the need to dampen the experience of the game for others, just because they don't happen to time travel themselves.

Don't do it, if you don't like it.
For me, it is a necessity.

Last edited:
Nintendo are the ones who put TT in the game!
Even the New Leaf rumors have time traveller as one of them, as shown in the link with images of my former NL villagers, all ten of them, calling me a time traveller.

My main point though, is why do some people feel the need to dampen the experience of the game for others, just because they don't happen to time travel themselves.

Don't do it, if you don't like it.
For me, it is a necessity.

In what way could my opinion possibly dampen the experience for you?

Nintendo didn't put it in, they just couldn't exclude it, hence the references to it. If they can stamp it out they will.
Next you'll be telling me duping items is part of the game. My god, they don't even want us backing up our save games in fear of any sort of manipulation.

In what way could my opinion possibly dampen the experience for you?

Nintendo didn't put it in, they just couldn't exclude it, hence the references to it. If they can stamp it out they will.
Next you'll be telling me duping items is part of the game. My god, they don't even want us backing up our save games in fear of any sort of manipulation.

I don't dupe items.
I time travel to make sure I don't lose any villagers when I've been ill and missed a day.

I don't dupe items.
I time travel to make sure I don't lose any villagers when I've been ill and missed a day.

So if they found a way to prevent it, would it affect your decision to buy the game?

I remember in City Folk, I was one furniture piece short of completing the Christmas set (can't remember it's proper name) so I waited until the following year to get the last item - this was before I could simply buy stuff on forums. That isn't the right or wrong method but it is my preference.

So if they found a way to prevent it, would it affect your decision to buy the game?

I remember in City Folk, I was one furniture piece short of completing the Christmas set (can't remember it's proper name) so I waited until the following year to get the last item - this was before I could simply buy stuff on forums. That isn't the right or wrong method but it is my preference.

If I can't time travel and constantly risk losing villagers if I can't play for health reasons then what do you suggest I do?

Well I guess we have different views with regards to importance about villagers coming and going. I'm not bothered who stays and goes personally. I thought you had amiibos for the villagers you wanted to keep?

I've decided to hold off on the game for now.

I'll wait and see what people who have played it say about it after release, because it's too much money (for me) to lose if the game has too many cons.

So far it's no decent backup, no time travel, and autosave.

Others who have played it will be able to shed more light on these things.

So far it's no decent backup
https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/13a78d5d-6e1e-433e-83d3-9166e5b1a992
本ソフトは、Nintendo Switch Onlineの「セーブデータお預かり」には対応していませんが、Nintendo Switch本体の故障・紛失・盗難に備えて、本ソフト独自の形で、セーブデータをバックアップする機能を検討しています。本機能のご利用はNintendo Switch Online加入者に限られます。対応時期は未定です。時期が決まり次第、お知らせいたします。
Google Translated:
This software does not support "Save Data Storage" of Nintendo Switch Online, but in case of failure, loss or theft of the Nintendo Switch body, in the original form of this software We are considering a function to back up save data. Use of this function is limited to Nintendo Switch Online subscribers. Correspondence time is undecided. We will notify you as soon as the time is decided.

I've decided to hold off on the game for now.

I'll wait and see what people who have played it say about it after release, because it's too much money (for me) to lose if the game has too many cons.

So far it's no decent backup, no time travel, and autosave.

Others who have played it will be able to shed more light on these things.

Who told you there's no time-travel? That's highly likely to be a mis-translation/understanding, though also possible to be true. Many have explained so

Who told you there's no time-travel? That's highly likely to be a mis-translation/understanding, though also possible to be true. Many have explained so

Nintendo basically said that they were stopping time manipulation.

Anyway, like I said, I'm waiting for others to shed light on the cons before reordering.

Last edited:
Nintendo basically said that they were stopping time manipulation.

Anyway, like I said, I'm waiting for others to shed light on the cons before reordering.

Did they say those exact words? And if so, where?

Did they say those exact words? And if so, where?

Just google it.
The reason for no cloud saving is to stop time manipulation.

Also if you google it there is a petition to bring back time travel in New Horizons at change org.

Last edited:
Back