• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Need help naming your island and islanders? Ask here!

So my island is going to be a pastel/pink theme with a magical/celestial/slightly space-y touch, and I’m trying to decide between a few different names atm:

Celestia
Twinkle
Stardust
Star Bay (links to my current ACNL town Moon Bay)

Which of these do y’all like most? Thank you in advance! <3
I love Celestia! I also want to create a magical themed island :) I also like Stardust too.

I usually name my characters Squid but I think I'm going to name this character Tai after my longest running D&D character. As for my islands name I'm going to call it Avernus to match the campaign theme my character is from. We're currently going through the levels of Hell and Avernus was the first and most important one for her.

But my island theme will not be like Hell at all hah. I really like cutesy or rustic themes.

Last edited:
I am so undecided about a name!!

I think I want my Mayor's name to be Lavender. But for my town name I don't know.

I want it to be something natural and ethereal...

I like words like Tea, Moss, Mist, Cloud..... Star.... idk man... I'm at a loss

My island is going to stay on the leaf theme - my new leaf towns are Leafburg and Leafboro (this has nothing to do with the title and now reading them together this seems stupid ooof.) Okay sooo.... maybe something else. I was thinking Leafglenn.

So i have some ideas for my island name; "Zash", "Aero", "Ventum", or "Caeli", but i'm kinda undecisive of what to choose because every name has it's own charm

for "Zash", i like it because it's my New Leaf town name so i can still sense the feeling of playing New Leaf in New Horizons and i've been using the name for other non-AC stuffs for a long time

for "Aero", "Ventum", and "Caeli", i like it because three of them are from Latin which mean "Air" or "Wind" and i like anything that goes with it, although one or more of those names might've already taken

So, yeah, i need a little helping hand here

Last edited:
My first town in ACNL was Rivendell inspired by the book/movie Lord of the Rings: FOTR. It is my one of my favorite movies to date.

I will follow suit with the island theme by the inspiration of the movie Kimi No Na Wa (Your Name) therefore naming my island Aogashima. Its kind of poetic justice that it's a real remote island in Japan and one can only get there by helicopter. Never been there in RL. Closest I have been was when I went to Nagano, so I have some idea how I want to terraform.

Hope that helps anyone that seems stuck! :)

I'm trying to decide between these names:

Starwick
Moon Cove
Lunaria
Lumen Cove
Moondust (which I always use)

I'm leaning towards Starwick.
Which of these do you all like best?

Last edited:
I'm stuck between

Candor
Zodia
Storywood
Sugar Isle
Lunardi
Peach Park/PeachParks (will have peaches of course)

I'm trying to decide between these names:

Starwick
Moon Cove
Lunaria
Lumen Cove
Moondust (which I always use)

I'm leaning towards Starwick.
Which of these do you all like best?

I love Starwick! It's such a nice name.

I'm stuck between

Candor
Zodia
Storywood
Sugar Isle
Lunardi

Ooh, Zodia is really pretty! I'm getting astrology vibes here (zodiacs) and I love it :'D

I'll be naming my island Monkey Paw, and my villager's name will be Sun Wu. The theme is pretty much gonna be a "ruined civilization-turned paradise for monkeys" so it's going to be very overgrown and if bananas are still in the game, they'll be everywhere (assuming we can put them elsewhere besides the beach)! It's a really simple idea thus far, but we'll see what I end up doing with it!

I wanna go with a flower theme but I've also come up with Honeycomb, Cosmos Bay and MoonMist. I have no idea what to name my character tho ;-;

Ughhhhhh... freakin GameStop originally canceled their midnight release (due to corona) and then decided to let us get our preorders at 7.... but they didn’t let any of us know this... sooooo I have more time to think up a name. Due to this coming out in the middle of all the crazy going on, I’m thinking of naming my town one of the following: Quarantine, Kwaruntyn (Same as the first but spelled dif), CovidCove, Apocalypse, (I realize these are prob not funny to some, and I’m not considering them to be humorous, but as my job just shut down due to it, and I am now with out a paying job for the foreseeable future, I thought I might name the island after our current time.) I am also considering the name Loahust. I LUVED the show Lost, which was filmed on the island of Oahu so I thought about combining the names. My character, as always, will be named Midori.

Yeah, gamestop did us pretty dirty so I instead just digitally downloaded it and will just put my preorder money towards the companion guide. I'm going to be naming my town "Gokuraku" which is japanese Buddhist term for "Paradise"

I'm stuck between

Candor
Zodia
Storywood
Sugar Isle
Lunardi

I'm a bit biased since peaches are my favorite town fruit, but I love the name Peach Park!

i actually have some ideas for y'all! my island name is maluhia, which is hawaiian for peace and safety. use a translator for hawaiian words, they all sound so pretty. or look up hawaiian names. i couldn't decide at first which one i should take because they were all great :')

In less than one hour, I can play ! But I hesitate about the island name !
I'll make it mythologic ; different parts (celtic, roman/greek, chinese, egyptian, maybe nordic) with villagers according to "their" part (for example Ankha for the egyptian one) and one humain in each of them. Sorry for poor English tonight !

My name ideas are :

Enchantée : french feminine adjective meaning "enchanted". Because mythology means magic in a way
Jadis : french for "long ago", "once". Because mythology is old !
Fortunate : I don't know exactly why I love this one, but I like it !
Thulé : name of an island that doesn't exist, like a legendary one
Émeraude : french for "Emerald"
Caer Sidi : name of an celtic otherworld fortress
Avalon : otherworld in arthurian legend
Tír na nÓg : one of the names of the celtic otherworld

I admit I prefer Fortunate and Enchantée, but maybe you guys have another idea ?

these are all really nice, my favourites of the bunch are enchantée and caer sidi

I am so undecided about a name!!

I think I want my Mayor's name to be Lavender. But for my town name I don't know.

I want it to be something natural and ethereal...

I like words like Tea, Moss, Mist, Cloud..... Star.... idk man... I'm at a loss

there's a website called spinxo which generates names. if you put tea moss etc in the important words section it can generate a bunch of letters and other words that might sound nice with them. it has been extremely helpful for me in the past

So i have some ideas for my island name; "Zash", "Aero", "Ventum", or "Caeli", but i'm kinda undecisive of what to choose because every name has it's own charm

for "Zash", i like it because it's my New Leaf town name so i can still sense the feeling of playing New Leaf in New Horizons and i've been using the name for other non-AC stuffs for a long time

for "Aero", "Ventum", and "Caeli", i like it because three of them are from Latin which mean "Air" or "Wind" and i like anything that goes with it, although one or more of those names might've already taken

So, yeah, i need a little helping hand here

caeli is my personal favourite

I'm stuck between

Candor
Zodia
Storywood
Sugar Isle
Lunardi

peach park or lunardi

I wanna go with a flower theme but I've also come up with Honeycomb, Cosmos Bay and MoonMist. I have no idea what to name my character tho ;-;

honeycomb is slightly related to flowers so you could go with that. you could also think of your favourite flower/a flower name that sounds pretty and put it in the spinxo generator, for example ive put rose in and it has generated some decent island names like rosentia or rosewood.

Back