• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Eye Colors? Contacts?

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hey guys~!

So I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed the different eye colors on the same face styles in some of the teasers. I've seen a lot of people who just think of them to be individual face styles in their own, but I don't belive that considering the array of colors I've seen. I think it's now possible to choose your own eye color! Now, this is just a guess, but I believe in some way the character will be given an option as to which eye color he/she wants. Maybe it's a simple question on the train ("Say, _____, what color are your eyes?") or maybe there's a shop dedicated to selling contacts--either way this is good if it does turn out to be true.

Some peoeple might not get excited about this, but for me it makes me even more eager to get the game because they're taking character customization to a new level for the Animal Crossing games. It might just be a little addition, but it's a big deal.

What do you think? Do you believe my theory or do you just think it's a face style?

* I apologize if this topic has already been discussed, I'm not meaning to bring up old news I just had personally never seen it talked about on the forum. *

Last edited:
In all games depending on what you say, you could get blue, brown, or black eyes.

Yes, I know that, but what I mean is you can get, say, green eyes with the style that had brown eyes in ACCF.

For example:

n5iyyb.jpg

(You can obviously see green/hazel eyes paired with the previous brown eye style)

r1ic.jpg

(Look closely and you will see blue eyes with the previous brown eye style)

Sorry for the blurry pictures, these were edited quickly.

Last edited:
I bet there will jsut be new eye combinations in the start.
I am just hoping they don't say"What eye color doy uwant?" or "What Hair style do you want?" That's boring and not animal Crossing at all!

I bet there will jsut be new eye combinations in the start.
I am just hoping they don't say"What eye color doy uwant?" or "What Hair style do you want?" That's boring and not animal Crossing at all!

Yes, that would be bland and too to-the-point. It needs to be more suddle if they're going with questions like that. A better question (not a great one, though) would be something like "You know, they say a person's eye color says a lot about them. What's yours?". If they had to do it like that, I wouldn't mind.

Maybe crazy redd can give you eye transplants in the alley behind the mall.

BAHAHA! Who knows, maybe Redd will own some kind of black market plastic surgery shop. Then animals will be walking around like they've got baloons up their shirts (if you know what I mean ;D).

Yes, that would be bland and too to-the-point. It needs to be more suddle if they're going with questions like that. A better question (not a great one, though) would be something like "You know, they say a person's eye color says a lot about them. What's yours?". If they had to do it like that, I wouldn't mind.

BAHAHA! Who knows, maybe Redd will own some kind of black market plastic surgery shop. Then animals will be walking around like they've got baloons up their shirts (if you know what I mean ;D).

Tbh, anything where the answers are colors, are annoying. I like the answers to be crazy so you don't know what you will get, the character is only supposed to be a reflection of you not an exact copy. I always love what my character looks like. The only question that needs a specific answers are gender, but they do a good job making that more entertainable. I don't remember exactly how it went in previous games since I never restart them, but I know it was like something relating to a boy, and then they would say Yup, or you would say, "I'm a girl!"

Tbh, anything where the answers are colors, are annoying. I like the answers to be crazy so you don't know what you will get, the character is only supposed to be a reflection of you not an exact copy. I always love what my character looks like. The only question that needs a specific answers are gender, but they do a good job making that more entertainable. I don't remember exactly how it went in previous games since I never restart them, but I know it was like something relating to a boy, and then they would say Yup, or you would say, "I'm a girl!"

Yes, I think that's a good idea. The answers definitely need to be not as obvious, maybe they could be something about your personality. Like, it could be: blue for adventurous, brown for sweet, green is down to earth, etc.

Yes, I think that's a good idea. The answers definitely need to be not as obvious, maybe they could be something about your personality. Like, it could be: blue for adventurous, brown for sweet, green is down to earth, etc.

That's basically what happens in all the games, just not exactly like that.

That's basically what happens in all the games, just not exactly like that.

Yes, like with the hairstyles. To be honest, I found it kind of ridiculous when it came to hairstyles. Because they'd always be completely random and non-relating to the answers. But then again it was fun to try different combos and see what I got. So I guess they've got the right idea then.

Yes, like with the hairstyles. To be honest, I found it kind of ridiculous when it came to hairstyles. Because they'd always be completely random and non-relating to the answers. But then again it was fun to try different combos and see what I got. So I guess they've got the right idea then.

Well with the colors at shampoodles it was pretty easy to tell, just not the style, but I always enjoyed laughing at what style I got and then wearing a hat to cover it up until I get a new hair style lol.

You guys have to remember that in the Japanese AC's, ALL the eyes are black. They make them colored for the American and other places. So they HAVE to be some sort of contacts.

I guess on the train rover could be like just look at those blue eyes ready for adventure ! [choices] yeah or THERE NOT BLUE then you get a choice :p

You guys have to remember that in the Japanese AC's, ALL the eyes are black. They make them colored for the American and other places. So they HAVE to be some sort of contacts.

Oh, seriously? I didn't know that... But if that's true, then why did the characters in the new teaser have colored eyes? It wasn't translated yet, which means that it's the Japanese version.

I guess on the train rover could be like just look at those blue eyes ready for adventure ! [choices] yeah or THERE NOT BLUE then you get a choice :p

That's actually not a bad idea, either. c:

Oh, seriously? I didn't know that... But if that's true, then why did the characters in the new teaser have colored eyes? It wasn't translated yet, which means that it's the Japanese version.

That could be a trailer of them updating it for Americans they just haven't translated yet or just kept it in Japanese for the ND.

Please dont be contacts.
That's just ruin the game for me

I'd prefer a surprise. Like how you guys are saying, he could ask for your personality in one phrase, and if you chose, down to earth, your character would have green eyes.

I wouldn't mind eye contacts, but I like having one colour and sticking to it. ;)

I don't think contacts match the feel of the game very much. The game itself is down-to-earth, and contacts don't say that at all. If they included them in the game, I wouldn't make much of a big deal about it, but I'd prefer having only one color too.

Back