• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf European Name Discussion Thread

SodaDog

~the millennium is now~
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
2898-6073-7400
Cake
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
20 Envelopes
ど
う
森
5 Envelopes
Cake
Mailbox
Club 101 = Club LOL

Rich Town = Bell Boom

OK Ok....
For some reason, Bell Boom made me laugh so much, i couldn't be able to laugh any more.
Club "lOl" (or LOL) made me feel confused. I always wondered when NOE watched the gameplay video to pass the time, they decided to change 101 to lOl.

What do you think?

Bell Boom made me lol.

LOL made me boom.

Nah, I'm fine with both! Bell Boom sounds utterly silly, so I like it. Club 101 sounds more realistic than club LOL in a way; if they were real life names, I'd feel much more comfortable inviting my friends to a night out at club 101 than at club LOL. But for this game, I quite like it.

So is Tortimer Island that I'm seeing on the UK site the new name of Club Tortimer?

I don't understand really why the changed it but im kinda neutral on the whole thing.

If they changed it into something stupid i'd be pissed though.

Club LOL is just for Europe?
/sighs with relief/ No offense to anyone that likes it, but I prefer Club 101.
And Bell Boom is really cute! :3 I wish NA had that!

Ew, why is it going to be called "Club LOL" for us? ;/

Bell boom is okay, I'm not going to use that law anyway so I don't really care.

I never understood why it was called Club 444 to begin with let alone changed to 101/LOL....
Would Club N or Club Nintendo been so hard? :|

I don't mind Club LOL. It does make sense with Shrunk being a comedian. Not a huge deal for me.
Bell Boom is kinda funny though, I'm just glad the US has Rich Town.

So is Tortimer Island that I'm seeing on the UK site the new name of Club Tortimer?

Club Tortimer is the name of the island where you go to play with random people across the world

Club Tortimer is the name of the island where you go to play with random people across the world

I know that. But looking on the EUR ACNL site, where it says "island" when you click on it, it goes "enjoy mini games blah blah medals blah blah at Tortimer Island

Back