• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf Puzzle

Yeah, the unfortunate thing with this is some of us aren't in highly populated areas. So we're kinda screwed when it comes to Streetpass features. I can get about 1 to 3 Streetpass tags depending on if I visit Wal-Mart, Target, and Gamestop since each of those have a display 3DS going. :(

EDIT: Maybe more if I'm lucky...

Same boat as you!

Unfortunately, I got a Kirby's 20th Anniversary puzzle piece instead of the New Leaf piece. And I don't get many StreetPass tags, so it might take me a while to get started on it.

I'll be heading to a popular movie theater tonight. Hopefully I can streetpass someone with the puzzle piece

Well, if you booted up StreetPass Mii Plaza before this week, you'd get a puzzle piece from ACNL. I got a blue piece of this one.

I got a New Leaf piece that showed Isabelle's feet, but I'm saving my coins for the fortune cookies.

I'll probably get this later tonight; I've gone off streetpass so no great rush for me

I got a New Leaf piece that showed Isabelle's feet, but I'm saving my coins for the fortune cookies.

Fortune Cookies...??? I have a bunch of coins, but started using them up today for puzzle pieces. (I got Luigi's Mansion for my new puzzle today -.-... at least I got my stationary!) I have read a lot on New Leaf and I guess I missed the fortune cookie explanation. ...do you have a source or can you explain? Sorry to bother.

Fortune Cookies...??? I have a bunch of coins, but started using them up today for puzzle pieces. (I got Luigi's Mansion for my new puzzle today -.-... at least I got my stationary!) I have read a lot on New Leaf and I guess I missed the fortune cookie explanation. ...do you have a source or can you explain? Sorry to bother.

Fortune cookies are found at the Nookling stores (one cookie for the starting shop, two cookies for every store above). When you got a fortune containing a winning number, you will get a special nintendo themed item. If you lose however, you just get a common item.

List of items you get from cookies

Video that shows the items

Buying fortune cookies (skip to 16:00)

Last edited:
I can't seem to get the animal crossing one? is there something special I have to do? or where exactly do I have to go?

I've had my 3DS for over a year and only have 9 streetpasses -_- this is going to take a while

I received a pink piece with the puzzle! Very lucky! It's pretty much all random! :-O

I can't seem to get the animal crossing one? is there something special I have to do? or where exactly do I have to go?

I think it was NA who got the AC one. I got a Kirby one, as have a few others in the EU region lock. You fall under the EU lock so myabe you'll get Kirby too. We may get it later as I have never had a streetpass so don't hold out much hope for getting it that way.

I received a pink piece with the puzzle! Very lucky! It's pretty much all random! :-O
Congrats! I've yet to start any puzzle with a pink piece. I hope I'll streetpass people with pink AC pieces soon, because I'd really love to see the finished product in 3DS on my screen. :)

I think it was NA who got the AC one. I got a Kirby one, as have a few others in the EU region lock. You fall under the EU lock so myabe you'll get Kirby too. We may get it later as I have never had a streetpass so don't hold out much hope for getting it that way.
I got it yesterday though, and I'm from Europe! So far I've actually gotten all the puzzles right around the game's release date, as I think should happen. I'm wondering if it has to do with whether you already had a 3DS when the puzzles were released, and that you're a puzzle 'behind' for each time they release a puzzle through spotpass and you don't have a 3DS yet.

Last edited:

Someone from the UK got an AC piece :)

I got an AC piece yesterday, and I live in the UK! So, I decided to try an get some more. After about 60 play coins, I managed to get a 2nd piece! :D

Alright so lets see
I have: Brain Age, a pink piece from Fire emblem, new super Mario bros, super Mario 3d land, and finally a freaking ACNL piece.

Back