• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

New Update Coming 4/28!

I held off giving my opinion in my original post but I think of this as a stopgap update- a small one before a big one this summer. It's about what I expected. At least we're getting an update of some kind, even if it's not what most of us were hoping for. Who knows what else may be coming with this one, maybe a few small tweaks and updates will come with it too- they've done that in the past for sure. I think it's fishy there's no mini direct and it's just an article of upcoming items- says to me more is on the way in June!

I do use a lot of the wedding items, I hope there are a few more usable items to use as decor. May Day and Museum Day will be fun as well- I rarely visit mystery islands or the museum anymore, at least there will be an excuse next month! Anything new is better than nothing imo!
I don't want to get my hopes up, but I kinda feel the same way? The May Day, Museum Day, and Wedding Season update served literally the same purpose last year after all. Hopefully the Museum Day update will fix the bug of villagers not going into the museum anymore lol

It's always nice to get new items, but I'm no longer holding out hope for a major update anytime soon (ie: a new building, additional NPCs, etc).

I do still hope there will still be one major update in the game's lifespan (the same way New Leaf eventually got Welcome Amiibo), but I don't know if that will happen this year or further into the future.

Other than that, my readjusted expectations are that this is going to be the normal routine for updates - new items and event tweaks.

Other than that, my readjusted expectations are that this is going to be the normal routine for updates - new items and event tweaks.

The only problem with this is that it will not maintain this game's 'life cycle'. Small 'remixes' to existing events is not a good way to maintain people's interests.

I really hope the next update is a big 'expansion' update, or else this game isn't going to be lasting much longer.

I can see why we didn’t get a trailer. There is really not much that was added.
I don't think we'll be getting any more trailers now that the game has been out for a year. I think they'll stick to announcing them through twitter and their own website.

Oh that new wedding bell item is something I've wanted for a long, long time. I'm hoping it has colour variants like the old wedding set though. A pink one just doesn't fit my island.​
The Nuptial Ring Pillow, bell and doorplate have been confirmed to have different color variations :). I'm guessing they will match the wedding set as you said.

The Flower Shower item has a new basket icon, I think we will be able to throw flowers with it. (Different icon usually means a new function, like the Cheer Megaphone or the Lucky Envelope).

The carnation is back, but I don't think we will be able to plant it- as there is no color variations indicated for it and it's marked only as a Mother's Day item. No screenshot shows its icon, but I'm guessing it will be on a pot or vase.

Oh and I know it's useless to say, but I don't think there will be a new update until August- the seasonal shopping items are announced as "May-July" items and there are not upcoming events that need to be activated until that month.

Okay well there is a few things I want to say. I am glad that the May Day event is coming back with a new island. Rover is back so it would be interesting to see what he will give us when we complete the maze, since last year he gave us his breifcase.

As for the wedding season. I mean I am not too Keen on it since all we did was took photos of Reese and Cyrus for their wedding and we had heart crystals to trade in for the wedding items. It's cool they added new items for the event but I am not sure it's something I would be interested in.

The rest well there is more seasonal items coming to the Nook Shopping and Nook Crannys shop so it's cool. Also the Stamp Rally makes a return so I hope there is different rewards.

Overall really decent update I'll check out the May Day Event to see how different it is compared to the one last year. Too bad it's not the 2.0 update that people were hoping for but oh well it is what it is.

I see mentions of items like carnations, basket, etc. I was wondering where you guys see those items? I couldn’t find them in the post, so I’m a little confused.

The only problem with this is that it will not maintain this game's 'life cycle'. Small 'remixes' to existing events is not a good way to maintain people's interests.

I really hope the next update is a big 'expansion' update, or else this game isn't going to be lasting much longer.

I agree. I was trying to think if Nintendo has ever done an update structure like this with a game before and it doesn't seem like there is much precedent from them.

If my memory is correct, Pave was the last NPC we got (late Jan/early February) and this update appears to go through June. That would mean only 1 new NPC in the first half of the year. It's become hard for me to imagine they are still intentionally holding back a lot of stuff, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Yes me too. @RollingAntony where did you get this info?
I just poked around and found that in one of the overseas screenshots there's a little icon of a flower basket with a list of new items. I can't read the text so I'm hesitant to post it here. If you search "acnh flower basket" on Twitter you will find it! Many people are saying they think one of the new items is a flower basket, which seems to fall in line with the wedding theme.

I feel like everyone is basically demanding nintendo to do what they want and now everyone believes in something that probably wont happen like the addition of brewster or other old npc, nintendo has not even hinted at some grand update and it bothers me that people are disappointed for something that they caused themselves. Like this update is great, all those items are new and look like theyll be very fun to use and that new house is something really exciting to look forward to

People are actually taking this update pretty well here, which is a surprise on account of the fact I'm kinda disappointed with it?

OK, so first things first, the positives:
  • YES, THE CHILDREN'S DAY WINDSOCKS FROM THE GC-ERA GAMES ARE BACK, TIME TO EXCLUSIVELY ORDER THEM FOR ABOUT A WEEK
  • Also in other "they're doing a LOAD of smaller holidays from around the world, shame they're exclusively mail-order" news, Marine Day's back after a nearly 20-year absence (it only appeared in DnM+), with an item I can't seem to find out what it is! The weird cheese-racing thing that we do in parts of the UK's got an item!
  • They didn't get rid of the bigger non-main holiday events, which is weird considering we didn't get any more after 1.2.0... but I like the fact there's a few new items and they finally added an art plaque in for IMD.
However, this is an update for the next NEARLY THREE MONTHS, and while there's some new little tweaks to stuff that means I can go back and re-do stuff (and the aforementioned new items) there's nothing properly and definitively new. It's just "hey, this event from last year and some new event furniture, btw this is all you're getting until summer" and that kinda sucks, my dudes.

However, I'm not giving up hope yet. E3 is on the horizon, after all... and that mysterious gap in the amiibo IDs has gotta be something.
So's that house that doesn't belong to any known villager in the koinobori screenshot...right?

You are correct - it's not a current villager's house. I saw a person on Twitter speculate it might be a Zelda villager - specifically Wolf Link.

This is all just speculation, but I could see Nintendo making the Zelda 35th Anniversary part of their E3 presentation. If they did, they could announce Zelda villagers/items are coming to New Horizons as part of the Zelda anniversary celebration the same way they did with the Mario anniversary.

View attachment 371315

View attachment 371316
If the Zelda villagers or new villagers in general were coming, I'll be so excited!! I miss all the crossover characters.

i’ll share my thoughts in a bit but i was going through the replies to the official announcement on twitter and found this;

26F19CE1-E44B-4FDB-8723-4A8D93DB887A.jpeg

does anyone know who’s house this is? because no one on there seems to know and uh. definitely don’t wanna get my or anyone else’s hopes up but ... new villager, perhaps? 👀

Back