• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Newer Sig...

Sonicdude41

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I made this sig just because I will become a Win Vista user. Any criticism is appreciated. Feel free to use this at will!

:)

Code:
[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/sonicdude41/FutureUser.jpg[/IMG]

FutureUser.jpg

Super_Sonic said:
Any criticism is appreciated.
Good thing you said that...

well, where to start....

well, don't save it as a jpg. The background is plain, use some brushes or something. The text is also plain, and the rainbow text is worse. The little image is just sorta.. out there, and is cut out horribly. get rid of the while around it.

and add a border, 1 pix, just use the pencil took and hold shift to draw a straight line. (do that around the edge)

a site for brushes

Yeah, you are just starting but you are going to want to try many different things, to clean up renders use the fuzzy select tool, that often helps clean up the edges,

guys hes using paint, he can't use brushes.

So first off, don't use paint unless you're GOOD at it, not many people are.

I know now not to save the things I make in JPG Format. Like I said, I'm new to this. Heck, I'm even trying out the tutorials on NSider. And the link you gave me, Sporge... it says that the server was reset while the page was loading, as I am using FF. So, any other places where I can download FREE brushes? Oh, and I don't have WinZip, so I'm up a creek.

Yeah, just follow what they said. My first sigs weren't that good either not that they are now...

Also, I just figured out what brushes are thanks to Sporge's post. So don't feel bad.

:p

Zelandonia said:
Yeah, just follow what they said. My first sigs weren't that good either not that they are now...

Also, I just figured out what brushes are thanks to Sporge's post. So don't feel bad.

Brushes are nice... I should look for a different sit too though...

Aren't downloads from deviantART free? Just wondering.

Oh, and aren't the downloads from deviantART in WinZip format? Because I do not have WinZip, and I don't have the money to get it. Is there still a way to get the brush without using WinZip?

yeah i don't think winzip costs something and deviant art is free although unless you register you occasionally get an ad page, not any big deal though you can just click skip ad.

SPORGE27 said:
yeah i don't think winzip costs something and deviant art is free although unless you register you occasionally get an ad page, not any big deal though you can just click skip ad.
Actually, several times I've had an ad that just kept appearing. I'd keep hitting "Skip" and it'd just put up the ad again.

I do use Opera, though.

Stay away from brushes... They teach you nothing, you'll just see it as a quick way to make something that looks decent, and your art career will end. >.>

JJRamone2 said:

Why would you only use Paint if you're good at it? You need to start somewhere.

STORMCOMMANDER said:
JJRamone2 said:

Why would you only use Paint if you're good at it? You need to start somewhere.
He means professionally.

and you start with pencils, because you need to get that dexterity...

Yeah, No offence Fish, But I doubt that most of us on TBT are going for an art degree or something. I just do it for fun.

Super_Sonic said:
Aren't downloads from deviantART free? Just wondering.

Oh, and aren't the downloads from deviantART in WinZip format? Because I do not have WinZip, and I don't have the money to get it. Is there still a way to get the brush without using WinZip?
you don't need winzip for devaintART... its just in a zipped folder, just open it and move the brushes.

and don't abuse brushes. Ever. Good sigs can be made without brushes, I made my sig without any.

Back