Next-Gen Competition

UltraByte said:
Smart_Tech_Dragon_15 said:
Also, this may be good news for some of you, bad news for others.

Read This:
Article About Sony

Point is, Sony is cutting off workers to pay for lost money. And they say they will release 103 games with the PS3...
I heard about that this morning on Channel 9 news! I LAUGHED, cause that means they are going bankrupt.
Yes, it does. I think they lost around, I'm not exactly sure, but around 1.6 either million or billion. They have lost a lot of money, either way.

Yes but you must remember it may not be the playstation dragging the company, it has spread itself to far in trying to produce everything.

that doesnt mean they're goin bankrupt...you do realize they have hundreds of millions (billions?) of dollars?

SPORGE27 said:
Yes but you must remember it may not be the playstation dragging the company, it has spread itself to far in trying to produce everything.
they should have stuck to making TVs

JJRamone2 said:
SPORGE27 said:
yeah, although without ps2 there probly wouldn't be kingdom hearts.

DarthGohan1 said:
JJRamone2 said:
SPORGE27 said:
yeah, although without ps2 there probly wouldn't be kingdom hearts.
probably? Of course there wouldnt!

that's quite a loss too... and ps2 has some other good games (budokai 3 for example).

People, Sony isn't the one that created those games. If Sony died, then the developers would be bought by someone, and have games created for their system, or they would become a third-party instead of a second-party. Kingdom Hearts would still be made, only not for the PS2, but for the Gamecube, Xbox, and others that might be created. Sony isn't known as a first-party game maker, but only as a hardware maker. To tell you the truth, I haven't seen a lot of games that were made by Sony; and if I have, they weren't all that great... Most good games for the PS2 and the Xbox are made by second/third parties, but the exception of the Halo series.

Bulerias said:
People, Sony isn't the one that created those games. If Sony died, then the developers would be bought by someone, and have games created for their system, or they would become a third-party instead of a second-party. Kingdom Hearts would still be made, only not for the PS2, but for the Gamecube, Xbox, and others that might be created. Sony isn't known as a first-party game maker, but only as a hardware maker. To tell you the truth, I haven't seen a lot of games that were made by Sony; and if I have, they weren't all that great... Most good games for the PS2 and the Xbox are made by second/third parties, but the exception of the Halo series.
Yeah, that is true. Sony merely hosts the games. If they went bankrupt, then most of those titles would probably go to Nintendo and Microsoft.

Bulerias said:
I'll have to agree with you that Sony doesn't put out many quality games, although they do have a part in many of them. There is a chance some of those games would have had a different home, but there is also a good chance that Nintendo/Microsoft/??? wouldn't have taken a chance on some of those games, therefore cauding them never to be developed.

Examples? I think that the PSP is so overrated; is there even one quality Sony-published PSP game released yet? Quality doesn't mean compared to other PSP games, compare it to some of the great DS games.

i assumed they as in place of the general public or whatever. and psp does lack quality games.

This is what I think of the PSP...

pwned0uj.jpg

Feel free to use it in sigs.

I think this is what it'll be like:
1. Revolution
2. XBox 360
3. PS3

I don't think Sony is going the right direction with their console. They are just trying to get better hardware and graphics than the 360, resulting in it costing about twice as much.
I think Nintendo is doing the perfect thing. They know that graphics are very good as they are, so they are going with something totally new and exiting. Plus, the Rev will cost half or less than half of the XBox 360, which will just improve their sales with kids whose parents are getting presents for them, because parents aren't made of money.
And I think XBox 360 will do pretty well because of Halo 3.

Soccerboy8033 said:
1. Revolution
2. XBox 360
3. PS3

I don't think Sony is going the right direction with their console. They are just trying to get better hardware and graphics than the 360, resulting in it costing about twice as much.
I think Nintendo is doing the perfect thing. They know that graphics are very good as they are, so they are going with something totally new and exiting. Plus, the Rev will cost half or less than half of the XBox 360, which will just improve their sales with kids whose parents are getting presents for them, because parents aren't made of money.
Yeah, I would say this is what is likely to happen.

Soccerboy8033 said:
1. Revolution
2. XBox 360
3. PS3

I'd have to disagree with some of your 'facts', but I will not argue your choices, there is no point. The 360 has been announced to cost $400, and there is no way ps3 will be $800.

Back