Next-Gen Competition

DarthGohan1 said:
Soccerboy8033 said:
I think this is what it'll be like:
1. Revolution
2. XBox 360
3. PS3

I don't think Sony is going the right direction with their console. They are just trying to get better hardware and graphics than the 360, resulting in it costing about twice as much.
I think Nintendo is doing the perfect thing. They know that graphics are very good as they are, so they are going with something totally new and exiting. Plus, the Rev will cost half or less than half of the XBox 360, which will just improve their sales with kids whose parents are getting presents for them, because parents aren't made of money.
And I think XBox 360 will do pretty well because of Halo 3.
I'd have to disagree with some of your 'facts', but I will not argue your choices, there is no point. The 360 has been announced to cost $400, and there is no way ps3 will be $800.
I'm just saying what some guy at Sony said. He just said that they were estimating it at about twice the price of the XBox 360. Of course, I could be wrong...In fact, it's very likely that I'm wrong considering that I can't find the article...But I DO know that the PS3 will be more expensive.

it will probably be similar (360 & ps3)...and rev is going to be way less, probably 200-250 range.

DarthGohan1 said:
it will probably be similar (360 & ps3)...and rev is going to be way less, probably 200-250 range.
Nintendo representatives have said that we should expect the Revolution to cost $150-$200

I've written at least twelve five-page articles ont his subject. Here's my opinion:

1. Xbox 360:
The early release will definitely help it, and with a name like Microsoft behind it, with a bit of advertising and extra third-party lost from Sony (later on in this small read), it'll get a lot of attention.

2. Revolution:
The innovation already has attracted Capcom, Namco, Sega, Square Enix, Konami, and EA, but with Nintendo's fan-base behind it as well, I see the revolution doing well.

3. Playstation 3:
Let's see... where to begin... oh yes. There are to media discs competing to replace the DVD: the BluRay disc (50GB) and the HD-DVD(45GB). The HD-DVD is half the price while the BluRay his NINE LAYERS. No one is supporting the BluRay either. Leave it to Sony to make the BluRay the only disc the PS3 accepts. So, once the HD-DVD is accepted and the Blu-Ray is left in the dust, the prices of BluRays will skyrocket, making developers paying way too much money for games, so much that they won't make a profit. Bye bye third-party! And that's how Nintnedo lost the past two systems.

DSCUBER9000 said:
I've written at least twelve five-page articles ont his subject. Here's my opinion:

1. Xbox 360:
The early release will definitely help it, and with a name like Microsoft behind it, with a bit of advertising and extra third-party lost from Sony (later on in this small read), it'll get a lot of attention.

2. Revolution:
The innovation already has attracted Capcom, Namco, Sega, Square Enix, Konami, and EA, but with Nintendo's fan-base behind it as well, I see the revolution doing well.

3. Playstation 3:
Let's see... where to begin... oh yes. There are to media discs competing to replace the DVD: the BluRay disc (50GB) and the HD-DVD(45GB). The HD-DVD is half the price while the BluRay his NINE LAYERS. No one is supporting the BluRay either. Leave it to Sony to make the BluRay the only disc the PS3 accepts. So, once the HD-DVD is accepted and the Blu-Ray is left in the dust, the prices of BluRays will skyrocket, making developers paying way too much money for games, so much that they won't make a profit. Bye bye third-party! And that's how Nintnedo lost the past two systems.
True about the early release....I forgot about that...

Back