• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Nintendo account suspended the day after using unofficial amiibo cards

lkm310

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I bought amiibo cards from Etsy and my son scanned the first one yesterday. Today my Nintendo account is suspended. Is this related to the amiibo? Notice says account has been suspended due to a violation of the Nintendo Account User Agreement. Child accounts are also now unavailable. Any help is appreciated.

Mod Note: This user is genuine. Please do not accuse the OP of trolling. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought amiibo cards from Etsy and my son scanned the first one yesterday. Today my Nintendo account is suspended. Is this related to the amiibo? Notice says account has been suspended due to a violation of the Nintendo Account User Agreement. Child accounts are also now unavailable. Any help is appreciated.

I highly recommend you contact Nintendo directly to find out why your account is suspended. I seriously doubt it's due to the etsy amiibo. Thousands have purchased and succesfully used homemade amiibos without consequence. Have you purchased any games online from 3rd parties recently? Sometimes they can be illegal copies that will get your account flagged. Either way, you need to contact support to find out. Good luck! 🍀

Homemade amiibos use the exact same NFC data as the ones Nintendo manufactures. There’s literally no way for the game to detect whether the amiibo you’re scanning is legit or not. Your account must have been suspended for another reason. I would take the advice from the poster above and contact Nintendo to find out the exact reason your account was suspended.

Does anyone have access to your games unsupervised that may have played online and violated terms? I know reports can be made in game so if you have any young parties that may have played online, an interaction could have been in violation.

Definitely would reach out to Nintendo's support and get further information.

Definitely not from scanning amiibo or I would of been suspended for using Joycon Droid there's no way for them to tell if legit or not :p

While this may be unhelpful, I'm assuming because of the timeline (used the homemade amiibo yesterday, suspension today) there is probably a correlation there. Obviously check for other things^ like if anyone else had access to the game and had online interactions. My piece of advice is to read through the user agreement again and see if there is anything that mentions unofficial amiibo usage. If it says nothing related to that, you should be able to contact nintendo support about it

Google the customer service number for Nintendo in whatever region you reside in and ask them how to find out why it's been suspended. The fakes use the same chips and data, and have worked since their introduction in New Leaf. Like another user said, there's no way the system can tell a fake from a genuine, so etsy and homemade ones will not get you banned.

Maybe one of the other users had been rude online? Some games have an online chat so you never know if they have cursed or something. Maybe they made designs in a game which are in violation with Nintendo rules. It can be many reasons so the only way to find out is to contact Nintendo. Phone will be the fastest way and otherwise you can try to send an e-mail. Amiibo's are out of the question.

This title definitely scared me as almost all of my villagers are from homemade amiibos that my boyfriend made.
I don’t think it’s possible for the game to know they’re fake... I could be wrong but some other people on this thread seem to know more about it!

but yeah I definitely feel like there has to be another reason and it’s probably best to contact Nintendo directly.

contact nintendo to ask why your account got suspended.

I don't use hacked (homemade) amiibos but as is evident, plenty of people have without issue.

I agree that it doesn't seem likely. I use Powersaves Amiibo and have probably done at least 30 scans across Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and Animal Crossing New Horizons with no repercussions.

it might be unrelated to the amiibo cards.... My understanding is that Nintendo goes after the distributor not the user.

Back