• Yes

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • No

Votes: 32 86.5%
  • Maybe Later

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
LITERALLY I SAW THIS YESTERDAY AND CACKLED-
I thought this was the funniest thing ever! I was genuinely interested as the advertisement was so cute. I was going to use it as a kitchen timer or like an actual alarm if it was under $30 (STILL EXPENSIVE) but for $100... No I'll stick to my current clock...
Even using the alarm on a smartphone is a better option as you can at least use actual songs as your wake up call and for much less money too. Not to mention that the Pokéball Plus that connects to Pokémon Sleep can act as an alarm clock for $60 and it also tracks your sleep movements. And no Pokémon options at launch is a HUGE missed opportunity since the series is in the top three biggest IP Nintendo has.

this definitely was very random and i wasn’t expecting to see so many positive comments about it on reddit. it’s already being sold at the nintendo store NY and apparently the japanese yearn for the alarmo lol because there’s a lot of demand for it already. i think it’s cool though it was unexpected but i don’t think i would buy it for $100 imo

Didn't even notice that, who tf is gonna pay a subscription for a clock lmao.
That does seem ridiculous. This must be what that mysterious Playtest Nintendo had announced which doesn’t matter if you want to participate or not. The number of applications reached its limit in less than a minute. I should know. I had that page opened and refreshed the page immediately as soon as it was 8 AM PST and a message said that the maximum number of applications had been met.

Unless it made and served me coffee every morning, no thank you haha way too overpriced for what it is. It’s cool, I’ll give them that but yeah lol

now we gotta pay a subscription FOR A CLOCK??

when they mentioned “nintendo online” i thought they meant that those subscribers get to preorder early??

nintendo: “if they don’t pay up, we’ll shut off their time subscription”
1728664625586.png

This was foreshadowed since 1985... ⏳😳

I already have an alarm clock, but I may get this purely just to have it. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!

Definitely not. I use my phone for an alarm, but I don't even wake up when it tells me to 😅

BOTW is my heart game, but there's no way I'm waking up to the Guardian theme, especially on a Monday.

Also it's way overpriced, there's no way anyone in my family or even myself will dish out $100 for an alarm clock.

My thoughts on it when I first heard about it was, I don't use an alarm clock, I use my phone instead, and not interested in the price tag.
It's also really bulky and ugly looking lol.
As a kid I had an Eeyore digital alarm clock for $20. Eeyore was sleeping on top of the clock. Cute clock, was loud, glowed, and didn't take up much room.
If I was to get an alarm clock today, I think I'd want a boring radium analog clock tbh. It's like ten bucks or so. I feel like a lot less things glow today because screens are so common.

honestly I'd probably get it if it was like $50 but $100 is too much for me. my friend got me one of those sunrise alarm clocks a while ago and it tends to wake me up a lot easier than my phone does, plus I think it's a fun idea! I would kinda worry I'd stop liking the music I picked if I heard it when I was waking up every morning, but I can definitely see the appeal

I think it's cute. I will probably never buy it at full price because my phone does the trick but if I happen to find one in a thrift store someday or on sale I might grab it. I've been looking to be less reliant on my phone especially as I go to bed so this is a neat idea.
Though if I had the choice between those alarm clocks that slowly light up the room to wake you up and Alarmo... I don't think I'll pick Alarmo... Hence why I'll only get it if I can thrift it for cheap lol !

I think it's cute. I will probably never buy it at full price because my phone does the trick but if I happen to find one in a thrift store someday or on sale I might grab it. I've been looking to be less reliant on my phone especially as I go to bed so this is a neat idea.
Though if I had the choice between those alarm clocks that slowly light up the room to wake you up and Alarmo... I don't think I'll pick Alarmo... Hence why I'll only get it if I can thrift it for cheap lol !
Even if you pick it up for cheap you still need an NSO subscription to even use it.

My thoughts on it when I first heard about it was, I don't use an alarm clock, I use my phone instead, and not interested in the price tag.
It's also really bulky and ugly looking lol.
As a kid I had an Eeyore digital alarm clock for $20. Eeyore was sleeping on top of the clock. Cute clock, was loud, glowed, and didn't take up much room.
If I was to get an alarm clock today, I think I'd want a boring radium analog clock tbh. It's like ten bucks or so. I feel like a lot less things glow today because screens are so common.
Yeah the design is rather boring especially for something being an official Nintendo item. Everything they make has something visually interesting and unique to them. The Wii was slick and shiny compared to the PS3 which was only shiny on part of the top of the console. The Visual Boy sort of looked like a Viewmaster on a tiny tripod. And the Switch has removable controllers that come in various colors and you can mix and match them if you want for your own custom look. Even the SNES mouse looked interesting with its purple buttons and it was just like any mouse you’d find on a computer.

Back